Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepeterpan

when to clone?
    #199597 - 02/24/09 01:46 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

how much developed a plant will be in order to obtain viable clones?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: when to clone? [Re: peterpan]
    #199644 - 02/24/09 03:25 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I'm doing 2 leaves and about 2 1/2 inches of stem. Will dip in Rootech Cloning Gel. Then put into Ocean Forest/Fox Farm. Keep wet for 7 to 10 days.

Know the stem could be shorter but nextgrow, after I have moms, will be using a EZ Clone.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

Offlineerjar281

Re: when to clone? [Re: KaptKid]
    #199700 - 02/24/09 07:02 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.growery.org/2982/Cloning

this is a great way to continue the existence of a potent mother from a special seed phenotype or to keep your perpetual garden flowing. Cloning is a more common practice than growing from seeds due to the reduction in overall growing time, uniformity of crop and confidence in genetics.

mother plants :

any plant can be a mommy, it can be seed or clone, or clone of a clone. if your mommy was grown from seed make sure pre flowers have appeared before taking clones. i also recomend flushing mommys with clean water a week prior to taking clones to remove N, although this is not always necessary.

clone enviroment :

clones need high humidity to root, if you dont have a clone dome either make one from plastic or wait until you can purchase one. a clone dome is 98% necessary. although ive heard of growers just misting constantly in place of a clone dome, i do not reccomend trying this. clones also need the rooting medium to be a few degrees warmer than the air this can be accomplished with a heating mat on low. their are more ingenous ways to provide the medium warmth, but i reccomend just using a pad. clones need air, so make sure your dome has the slats opened some or the lid lifted, or your homemade dome fulfills this with air holes, not many, just a few. clones do best with floros or cfls or 6ft away from the hid.

equipment :
1. rockwool cubes evenly moist but not soggy
2. scissors and exacto razor
3. coffee cup with cold water
4. rooting hormone (olivias cloning gel* , clonex)
5. spray bottle with weak diluted flowering fertilizer
6. clone dome

taking clones

make a 45 degree cut across a healthy stem and immediatly put in the coffee cup of cold water, this is to prevent air getting trapped in the stem which will kill the clone. when all of your clones are taken and in the water prepare your RW cubes or whatever your using and place in the clone dome. take clones 1 at a time out of the water and cut the leaves in half to lower transpiration rate, also cut a few nodes off so one or two bare nodes are buried and one is above the medium , now dip in rooting hormone and place in medium. i take an extra cube and rip it to stick in with the stem of the clone to keep in place but this is not always necessary. i give my clones 24 hrs of cfl and mist them and the clone dome lid 3 times or so a day. you should see roots within a week, some strains take longer, some are faster. if after 2-3 weeks their is no rooting, i reccomend starting over,

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: when to clone? [Re: erjar281]
    #512279 - 01/09/11 02:02 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

5. spray bottle with weak diluted flowering fertilizer

I see this a lot, but can someone be more specific on the nute to water ratio?

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Offlinemad capper
old head
Male

Re: when to clone? [Re: muse42]
    #512563 - 01/10/11 01:54 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

sorry if anyone else already answered this. I use a fish emulsion like neptune or sqantos secrect 2-4-2 at 30% of its reg dosage.

--------------------
*constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil ~ jerry garcia*

Mad Capper's Moonshine Tek under construction lol

Offlinemad capper
old head
Male

Re: when to clone? [Re: mad capper]
    #512569 - 01/10/11 02:24 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

hey i mentioned squantos 2-4-2 and realized they dont make it anymore lol. the Neptunes 2-4-1 is great and organic if that matters. you can add 1.5 ozs a gallon, then fill a spray bottle a third of the way with the fert/water solution and the other 2 thirds with  plain water. I also add a couple drops of superthrive in every gallon of water i use.

--------------------
*constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil ~ jerry garcia*

Mad Capper's Moonshine Tek under construction lol

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: when to clone? [Re: mad capper]
    #512718 - 01/10/11 07:09 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks.  Anyone else?

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck