Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery

what will happen if ... ?
    #506167 - 12/17/10 02:17 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I put half of my plants into flowering but I have 2 problems
- I filled everywhere but still there is a slight light comes from metal halide in vegetative section of room
- I increased the heat but still the moist level is between 70 to 85 (couldn't find dehumidifer here)
what will happen if they grow in this condition?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Loc: 6' under fertalizing bud
Re: what will happen if ... ? [Re: LSD]
    #506193 - 12/17/10 03:20 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

The light leaking in from the veg room will at the least stress your plants which could lead to hermies and at worst they won't even flower.

High humidity can be a problem in late flower leading to mold and bud rot.

Anyone else? :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: what will happen if ... ? [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #506201 - 12/17/10 03:38 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

even if the light is so slight ?
I should redesign the room from the beginning with thicker covers but it will be hard now for space limitation, also searched for dehumidifier here but they are all so big and expensive
will be happy if you share anything which may help

Offlinegrbrlt
Kenny fuckin' Powers

#506212 - 12/17/10 05:20 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

beetlejuice is right no light period thats why they make green lights to garden when you shouldn't and not hurt the flowering stage, as far as humidity you can try a product called damp rid it's a bag you hang to gather excess moisture you will most likely get bud mold from that high temp and moisture, if not at least run a fan 24\7 to circulate that air!

InvisibleLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: what will happen if ... ? [Re: grbrlt]
    #506255 - 12/17/10 06:49 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I use green lamp during their sleep also using 3 different fans 24x7
but as the outside weather is so cold (10F) can't open windows
also can't leave the door open because of my cats eating leafs
anyway I will search damp rid today thank you :thumbup:

Invisibleboomsaway
 User Gallery

#508756 - 12/25/10 09:55 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Dont bother with Damp-Rid its a waste, after 1 use, the stuff is ruined and no amount of drying will bring it back.

go get a big bag of plain Epsom salts from the drug store, lay a bunch out on a clean baking sheet and and put it in the oven at 400 till the salts looks real porous and brittle.

wrap some up in coffee filters tied together with rubber bands and hang those until the filter starts to get damp and just keep drying some out to use, that way ur not buying a new bucket of damp rid every week.

i use that to quench my acetone before doing my quick wash extractions to remove what little water is in acetone, but the salts will also work in air.

Invisiblec99hunter
 User Gallery
Re: what will happen if ... ? [Re: boomsaway]
    #508761 - 12/25/10 10:27 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

boomsaway said:
Dont bother with Damp-Rid its a waste, after 1 use, the stuff is ruined and no amount of drying will bring it back.

go get a big bag of plain Epsom salts from the drug store, lay a bunch out on a clean baking sheet and and put it in the oven at 400 till the salts looks real porous and brittle.

wrap some up in coffee filters tied together with rubber bands and hang those until the filter starts to get damp and just keep drying some out to use, that way ur not buying a new bucket of damp rid every week.

i use that to quench my acetone before doing my quick wash extractions to remove what little water is in acetone, but the salts will also work in air.

Absolutely good advice, also to the OP. The light leak will definitely cause some type of problem(could be minor, could be major). If it doesn't stress your plant into herm, it will slow the development of flowers if not stop them from flowering initially. It needs to be 100% no light leaks whatsoever.

I have honestly grown in a closet with a slight light leak into it (when I got in the closet at lights out, it took about 2-3 minutes before I could make out my plants 2 foot in front of me. So it wasn't like an intense light or anything, but looking into my set up now, I can keep my head in the tent for 5 minutes and still not see an inch in front of my face which means its good! :thumbup:

The strain I grew in that condition was taskenti and the initial start of flowering was slow and seemed like the stretch was lasting forever but they eventually started. I had no hermies whatsoever but it was a lot more fluffy then it should have been.

So you CAN grow in that type of condition, but it's just not worth risking ending up with a hermy etc etc. for your hard work so if you can fix it then fix it. But if you are just wanting to get a grow under your belt and test out the waters and can only afford what you have now and cannot fix it then go for it. But just remember, you should always try to do it right the first time. :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale