Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleNightGrower
Proficient Horticulturist
Male

Adding a portable a/c, High Temps 90+
    #448696 - 07/20/10 10:26 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Hi,

I am currently using a 1000w+(2x400w) setup in a 8'x4'x8' grow space. It has 3 plywood sheathing walls and the front/door is a 3.5mm thick plastic tarp that is velcro'd from top to bottom on both sides and fastened at the top to be light proof.

The lights are all air cooled, with a setup of exhaust-->6" ecoplus inline-->1000w-->"t" splitter-->2x400w(side by side)-->"t" splitter-->4" inline fan-->carbon scrubber. I listed it backwards, as the air flow begins with the carbon scrubber and is exhausted out the box and out the window. The intake consists of two 3" holes with pc fans pulling air in and a passive air intake of 10"x4". When the box is sealed, I do not feel pressure from the intake when I place my hand over it. There are also two 16" oscillating wall mount fans on opposite ends of the grow space.

Currently, I have only the two 400w's on 24/7 because the plants dont fit in my veg chamber. The temps peaks at 94-95F during the afternoon. The RH averages between 25-35%, the lowest I have ever had it. I am trying to remedy this situation on two levels, first, to lower the temperature by adding a portable a/c unit on one end of the grow space, second, to raise the RH a bit, considering that the a/c unit might drop it further, perhaps a humidifier?

I am nervous about these high temps and low rh, these plants are supposed to be vegging but are going to be stunted at this rate. For the record, this is day two since transplanted and they are well within saving time, hence the urgency.

What would you do? How did you fix this when it happened to you?

--------------------
Learn of Terence Mckenna. Check out the Shroomery to learn more about what one man did for mushies. Thank you, Terence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNightGrower
Male

Re: Adding a portable a/c, High Temps 90+ [Re: NightGrower]
    #448813 - 07/20/10 12:26 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

update: I ran out to Home Depot and bought two brackets to put up a 12"x30" shelf that will hold my carbon scrubber and 4" inline fan, currently it sits on the ground vertically, I will be elevating it above the oscillating fan, which is 4' off the ground.

What do you think? I will be back when I'm done, hopefully, a couple of degrees drop is in order....

--------------------
Learn of Terence Mckenna. Check out the Shroomery to learn more about what one man did for mushies. Thank you, Terence.

InvisibleNightGrower
Male

#448850 - 07/20/10 01:33 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I've decided to disconnect the 4" inline fan and scrubber from the lamps, and run the "t" connector from the 2x400ws to the outside, pulling air from outside the box to be exhausted out the window. The scrubber/fan will be moved and placed above the lights, exhausting out the window with separate ducting. I am really trying to avoid using the portable a/c unit as it uses up 9-10 amps to run it and requires its own exhaust.

back to work.

--------------------

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

#449106 - 07/21/10 01:01 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

what are the temps like outside the room?  Though I wasn't growing pot, i was able to drop the temp in a grow space close to ten degrees by carefully in taking air from the lowest point in the outside room, and having my exhaust at the highest point in the actual grow. 

In one of these set ups the plants were pretty demanding on humidity, as well (80-90%).  So i ran the intake line through a plastic tube full of LECA, which helped, but I was eventually forced to shut down the exhaust and place the lighting outside the actual grow space.

I think you would run into the same issue with a humidifier (you can't saturate the air enough before new air is brought in, and the old is taken out)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order