Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemycomaster_420
God amongst men
Male User Gallery

So heres my proposition......
    #504884 - 12/12/10 12:43 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Legalize the growing of pot for personal use, but still maintain that buying/selling it is illegal (US obviously). That way, those that constantly get in trouble for a dime bag can grow in peace and not get involved with crime.

The risk of selling would also stay the same for those that try to make money can still be arrested.

Idk im stoned, let me hear the audience....

--------------------
Everything I post is in fact entirely fictional

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSir Smokes A-Lot
friend of the aliens
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: So heres my proposition...... [Re: mycomaster_420]
    #504889 - 12/12/10 02:05 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mycomaster_420 said:
Legalize the growing of pot for personal use, but still maintain that buying/selling it is illegal (US obviously). That way, those that constantly get in trouble for a dime bag can grow in peace and not get involved with crime.

Yer, this works.

All-out legalisation of all drugs is deffinatly better though.

It's not hard to find solutions to today's problems because the world is so fucked - all done on purpose i might add, so the people who run the show can get richer and richer

--------------------
"Everybody seems to think I'm lazy
I don't mind, I think they're crazy
Running everywhere at such a speed
Till they find, there's no need"
Beatles song

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: So heres my proposition...... [Re: Sir Smokes A-Lot]
    #504891 - 12/12/10 03:07 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I do not support this idea. Getting high legally should not be predicated on one's ability to grow cannabis. Cannabis production simply is not practical for everybody, even if it is legal.

I do believe that any legalization of cannabis should include the right to grow your own, however there is one very difficult aspect of this to address in my opinion. As desirable as having cannabis plants in the flower beds out front may be, outdoor plants could be exceedingly difficult to keep secure. In the face of legalization/regulation I would not be comfortable with a blanket ban of outdoor grows, nor overly strict/harsh regulations in regard to outdoor growing, but a flat out free for all on growing cannabis outdoors is untenable. I think some kind of regulations as to where cannabis can be grown outdoors is necessary. As for indoor growing, I think that should be largely unregulated. Adults should be free to buy/sell/trade cannabis and cannabis products without a business license or other sort of license. You don't need a license to share some of your vegetable garden harvest with friends and family, cannabis should be the same.

Offlinekj912
Stranger
Re: So heres my proposition...... [Re: Ojom]
    #504896 - 12/12/10 05:05 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Spain has a similar policy,

From Wikipedia:

In Spain the possession and use of cannabis in public places is classed as a misdemeanour under public health laws and is punishable by fines and confiscation. Trafficking is a criminal offence.

However, the right to consume marijuana and grow plants for personal consumption in one's private property is protected under the Spanish constitution. In practice one can still be denounced for doing so by neighbours or ill-wishers, and the burden is then effectively on the user or grower to prove that the material is for personal use only.

In recent years a number of members' associations have been established throughout the country in an attempt to extend the boundary of the Spanish citizen's constitutional rights. In an association cannabis is grown and shared among the members. The association may not promote or be seen to encourage the use of cannabis and it must be a closed group for existing adult consumers only, distributing only small amounts regularly to each member (typically 10 grams per week) so as to prevent the possibility of trafficking. As well as a membership fee, members must pay for what they consume and prices may not be much different than on the black market.

Where the associations have come under legal challenge they have been able to surmount this, and in at least one case have secured the return of several kilos of confiscated plants. The umbrella group for cannabis associations in Spain is the Federación de Asociaciones Cannábicas: http://www.fac.cc/ and Politic Group:RCN-NOK Representacion Cannabica de Navarra: http://www.rcnavarra.org/

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: So heres my proposition...... [Re: kj912]
    #504906 - 12/12/10 06:31 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

The problem with this is it does not address the illegal drug market, it does not regulate and monitor their quality.  It does nothing to deter criminal enterprise. It's a nice step but does nothing to solve the problems on an illegal drug market.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: So heres my proposition...... [Re: THEBats]
    #504934 - 12/12/10 09:01 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I wonder what percentage of the population think that all drugs should be legal.  It's weird cause sometimes I will talk with people who are like minded about pot but when we talk about other drugs they'll disagree about all drugs being illegal.  I've never been a drug advocate, but a human rights advocate.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: So heres my proposition...... [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #505043 - 12/12/10 04:19 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Well if you examine what should be the purpose of drug policy, to reduce harm and use, then legalization, education and rehabilitation is the best route at reducing harm.  That's not even taking into account the freedom argument for drug legalization.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck