Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Loc: its cold
mutation??
    #504119 - 12/08/10 11:11 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Ok so I was feeding my little guys last night and came across something that I thought looked a little odd. 
One of my plants seems to have a second stem growing out of the side of it.  Its a branch off of the main stem but its sprouting new leaf sets.  It has 2 sets of 3 leafs and 4 full sets of 5 and it has new sets growing out of the top.  Looks just like the top of my pant only smaller.  also the new stem and leafs are a lighter green then the rest of the plant.

Oh btw this is the same plant that I posted pictures of 2 weeks ago in the post wilting bad.  I am happy to say it came out of that nicely.  I am not really concerned with this also it does seem interesting.  I am curious if it happens often, what could have caused this to happen? any thing like that.  I assume it was from stress.  I beat the poor little guy up pretty bad.  Also if I am correct with this being a conjoined twin so to speak will this double yeild?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: mutation?? [Re: sveumy]
    #504151 - 12/09/10 01:18 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Will need better pic.

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

Loc: Don' worry bout it
Re: mutation?? [Re: muse42]
    #504157 - 12/09/10 01:28 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Are your plants under direct light? If not my guess is it was sitting in a window or something and was getting most of its light from the side and to take advantage of the light popped a new apical tip out.

Maybe a new kind of training?

Sorry to thread jack but could this be possible... Concentrate light on different parts of a plant to grow different shoots from everywhere then once ample shoots are grown put the light directly over and watch it grow. Kinda like LST but instead of tricking the plant by moving branches your tricking the plant by moving the sun?

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Re: mutation?? [Re: jkell]
    #504178 - 12/09/10 04:54 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Ok after further inspection I have no idea.  I inspected some of the other plants much closer.  there are shoots comming off all of them the others are not nearly as advanced but I think if I had more light I would have more bush then I could handle.  the one pictured is different in the sense that it does appear to be a new tip the others are just branching off the nodes.
this particular plant has at least 8 branches off the main stem at each node.  I am assuming this is a good thing the more leafs the more light it can take in. 
I supose it has thrown me because most of the pictures I have seen they are fairly thin enless trained in some way. 
Again just thinking out loud here thanks for the insight.

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
    #504224 - 12/09/10 08:35 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say.

From the pics it looks to be normal side branching to me, which is a very good thing, more budding sites.

When people top their plants these shoots will also raise very noticeably.

And when they LST they train these branches to grow upwards while the plant is horizontal.

well since you said another main stem, do you mean this one is coming from like the roots? Kind of as if there was another seed planted, that is possible, I don't think I've seen it on weed plants though?

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Re: mutation?? [Re: Laysthepipe]
    #504311 - 12/09/10 04:54 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

understood.  i think in my "enlightened" state I may have missinterpreted this growth as a mutation..... after further growth and inspection it appears to be a side branch that has just shown more growth then the others.

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
    #504329 - 12/09/10 06:55 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Side branching was my thought...

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Re: mutation?? [Re: muse42]
    #504334 - 12/09/10 07:12 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

thats ok by me I will take any and all green growth I can get.  I did rotate the pot itself to allow the new growth to get a little more dirrect light. 
I have actually been rotating my pots every day or two.  I haven't read anything really on this.  It may just be a common practice no one ever brings up but I have found that if I rotate to a less bushy side with in that day or two that side will fill its self in.  I suppose its a form of training them?

Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

#504398 - 12/10/10 01:20 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Please tell me your kidding sveumy. Does no one read my posts seriously?

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#504404 - 12/10/10 03:03 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Not at all.  it does appear to be a side branch sprout.... I am not discrediting your opinions at all.  actually to some extent I agree with you.  If this is infact a matter of indirrect light training and I have sprouted a new "atipical tip"  then i may be on to something.  but time will tell.  i have just switched my light cycles to 12/12.  So if it is infact a new stem as i stated before a conjoined twin in essance then it will be obvious with a massive growth spurt and heavy budding.  at witch point I will attempt to recreate this on grow two.  To get a basis for further studying this.  Trust me if it can be replicated I will do it.  and i will tech it. 
This plant is sitting on the far edge of my grow room with the branch in question closest to the light source.  at this point i am open to all suggestions.  I would like to see some others post opinions aswell.  get a plethera of people here.  and in 3-4 weeks I would say we will have a preliminary answer.  Subject plant is all the way to the left of the photo.  plant #1 or jasmine.  yes they have names.

Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

#504407 - 12/10/10 04:07 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

jkell said:
Are your plants under direct light? If not my guess is it was sitting in a window or something and was getting most of its light from the side and to take advantage of the light popped a new apical tip out.

Maybe a new kind of training?

Sorry to thread jack but could this be possible... Concentrate light on different parts of a plant to grow different shoots from everywhere then once ample shoots are grown put the light directly over and watch it grow. Kinda like LST but instead of tricking the plant by moving branches your tricking the plant by moving the sun?

I was asking if you were kidding because my post said everything yours did including mentioning this as a new kind of training. Thats why I was asking if anyone actually reads my posts  :facepalm:

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#504410 - 12/10/10 04:25 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I did and i am sorry I didn't acknowledge you sooner.  It was infact your question that may lead  my study into what may be a completely new way of training these plants. 
(baring this hasn't already been done or we are both wrong and its completely normal). 
remember this is my first grow I am not completely sure what i am looking at all of the time.  there is so much info swiming around in my head sometimes I confuse things.  But I am keeping a close eye on it now and we will see what happens. again i appoligise for not acknowledging your insight earlier. 
thanks as always guys i hope we can get some discussion on this or atleast some one to say difinatively one way or the other.  I will try to get better photos.

Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

#504412 - 12/10/10 05:11 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Its normal for the plant to create new apical tips where there is most direct sunlight. Plants grow towards the most light and if that happens to be off the side the plant doesn't mind it just adapts.

In theory the training method should work, but I'm curious to know if anyone has ever tried it. it probably isn't as practical as tying down or scrogging but hey sometimes different is what your looking for instead of practical. Probably end up with a nice bush too.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies