Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHefe
9 weeks of flower - yellowing leaves, some dry/crumbly - no amber trichs - WTF?
    #501029 - 11/26/10 08:06 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

-Light: 250w MH(veg)/HPS(flower)
-Seed: Bagseed (Maui Wowie *supposedly**doubt it*)
-Soil: FF/OF Soil in 3gal pot
-Nutes:  Botanicare PBP Grow - Veg
                Botanicare PBP Bloom - Flower
                Botanicare Liquid Karma - Veg+Flower

So I've had my Maui Wowie bagseed flowering under 250w HPS for 9 weeks now. Still barely any amber trichs. I see maybe 1 for every 100 or so.

The plant has always been healthy as fuck. Like literally.. strong as a fuckin' ox. Now all of her stems are bright red; Most all of the fan leaves have yellowed; The leaves in the buds that have trichs on them are starting to get yellow and brittle.

On top of all this, just about all the pistils are red/brown (about 95% on bottom buds, 80% on top), but still no sign of any amber trichs and I've been checking the bitch every day religiously. I'm really confused and not sure if I should just chop her, or keep her goin until the trichs start to turn. ---- Problem is, it looks like a lot of the bud leaves on the colas are going to get crumbly and brown here soon, and I dunno if that would make the final product taste bad/different/weird/etc.

I started flushing about a week, week and half ago, and have been feeding plain water since. To me, the plant looks just about finished, the buds are fat, dense, covered in trichs, pistils are all red/brown, and the majority of leaves are yellowed and dying. It's just that maybe 2-3% of the trichs are amber. 95% are cloudy, maybe 2% clear.

WTF IS GOING ON WITH MY MAUI WOWIE?+*

+: will post pics of the Maui Wowie tomorrow, she's sleeping right now.

*: honestly I think I probably just have about a week left til the trichs are where I want them to be, just making sure I don't have a problem here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
Re: 9 weeks of flower - yellowing leaves, some dry/crumbly - no amber trichs - WTF? [Re: Hefe]
    #501036 - 11/26/10 08:56 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Is it a high sativa/pure sativa?

same thing happened to my and stoney.69s pure sativas,

--------------------

InvisibleHefe
Re: 9 weeks of flower - yellowing leaves, some dry/crumbly - no amber trichs - WTF? [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #501041 - 11/26/10 09:08 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

The leaves indicate pure sativa, but the height and flowering period didnt seem to coincide with what I typically think of when I think of sativa characteristics. Either way, she's just about bare of fan leaves, save for the lush tiny green leaves that are left.

What'd you and stoney end up doing?

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 9 weeks of flower - yellowing leaves, some dry/crumbly - no amber trichs - WTF? [Re: Hefe]
    #501045 - 11/26/10 09:33 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Mine finished at 11.5 weeks.
If it is the same issue as yours' should be finishing up soon.
Also I only lost my lower fans, and still do on most plants I grow, keeping 4 to 6 fans leaves on each cola come time to harvest.

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
Re: 9 weeks of flower - yellowing leaves, some dry/crumbly - no amber trichs - WTF? [Re: Stoneth]
    #501060 - 11/26/10 10:45 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

stoney.69 said:
Mine finished at 11.5 weeks.
If it is the same issue as yours' should be finishing up soon.
Also I only lost my lower fans, and still do on most plants I grow, keeping 4 to 6 fans leaves on each cola come time to harvest.

A few years ago one batch of my mexibrick sativas were similar and were stressed by multiple different things (heat, over fert since I was testing bloodmeal, low circulation for 20 clones, random light leaks of me peaking in on the buds) which is what I thought caused it, the bud came out fine though, it was pretty damn good actually. I was too impatient to go the full duration and harvested around 8 weeks, fuck that, that's why if I get the chance to grow again it won't be sativa based.

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
    #501087 - 11/27/10 12:19 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i just waited until like 15-25% of them were amber and the rest cloudy then harvested, i kind of had no other choice though. .  they've started to turn amber now right? i wouldnt think it would be thatt much longer,  you want your sativa to be very head high anyway so having most of the trichs just cloudy is probably not a bad thing hey !

if its just the big fan leaves going i wouldnt worry too much as long as alot of the leaves on the buds are still fine then she should be alright to wait.

--------------------

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: 9 weeks of flower - yellowing leaves, some dry/crumbly - no amber trichs - WTF? [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #501140 - 11/27/10 10:22 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Amber trichs are how I cut down for a while. Using my little microscope.
Now I look for huge huge calyxes(and amount of time passed)
The Trichs are a by product of hard work, protection, TIME, and conditions
But the calyxes are what will shrink and make your weed look like bammer when you dry it. Yes you want big, amber trichs, but you need to work on their foundation, environment, and time.....not them them selves.

If you do it right, and are patient......they will turn.

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

InvisibleAcidic_Sloth
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac
    #501197 - 11/27/10 02:51 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

this same thing happened with my Mauis. was also growing in FF/OF 3gal pots, but under 1000w HPS and using FF Big Bloom because they were persnickety about nutes and really just seemed to like straight water. once i started flushing them though, this same thing happened. i dunno what it was, could be a strain thing or something. they came out fine though. tasted great and smoked great.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

InvisibleHefe
Re: 9 weeks of flower - yellowing leaves, some dry/crumbly - no amber trichs - WTF? [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #501296 - 11/27/10 09:44 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I've spotted a couple of amber trichs. The rest are cloudy. I'm thinking of giving her 24 hrs of darkness and giving her the chop. All the main stems/stalks are dark red/purple and all leaves save for the newsest growth is yellowed and withering, many of which have been removed.

Possibly give her the axe tomorrow evening and give the 2 monster ladies more room that they need in the closet.

InvisibleAcidic_Sloth
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac
    #501328 - 11/28/10 12:13 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

if she's all cloudy with a few amber, now is actually the time i would personally chop her, it sounds like she's ready.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#501360 - 11/28/10 03:32 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

My advice for this situation, and others like it, is to remember that you are dealing with living organism that can express a huge amount of variety.  Holding on to hard-and-fast rules, like trichome color could be detrimental.

One of the plants I grow hydroponically is cantaloupe.  When I pick out a cantaloupe in the store I look for something that I think indicates it is ripe, such as smell or a certain level of softness.  If I did that with my hydroponic cantaloupes I'd ruin them.  By the time I let my loupes get soft and musty on the vine they are way overdone.  If I pick them when they are still hard and have no smell I get perfect fruits.  The smell, ripeness, and taste are there.  I just needed to learn to adjust my perception of what was the finished product.  In my case, I look at color and size much more than I would at the store fruits.

I see your situation as something similar.  If your plants are showing signs of ripeness, but do not fit one particular sign of ripeness, they could be all set.  This seems especially so if the plant is starting to fail in other ways.  In your shoes, I would harvest before anything happens that could create negative consequence, particularly if the plant is expressing unhealthy signs.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

Re: 9 weeks of flower - yellowing leaves, some dry/crumbly - no amber trichs - WTF? [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #501383 - 11/28/10 08:47 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

you do let this shit almost die from age, no mush inside to worry about.
Like at it's absolute peak, I give it 7 more days flush. And it just keeps swelling. Then cut.

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

Edited by Ero42oH2o (11/28/10 08:51 AM)

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #501412 - 11/28/10 11:46 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Hefe said:
I'm thinking of giving her 24 hrs of darkness and giving her the chop.

Why?
A dark period isn't going to help anything.

InvisibleHefe
Re: 9 weeks of flower - yellowing leaves, some dry/crumbly - no amber trichs - WTF? [Re: Stoneth]
    #501418 - 11/28/10 12:06 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I wasn't sure if that was an old wives tale or not. I trust you stoney, you always have amazing results. I kept her in the dark this morning after the lights turned on and just brought her out for the chop. Will be documenting with pictures.

Going to be using latex gloves for glove/scissor hash.
Will also be doing a qwiso wash on the trim, and saving popcorn buds for butter.

Pics coming soon! Give me about 2 hours.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #501423 - 11/28/10 12:33 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah the darkness thing seems to be a myth.  I've tried it in the past and can't say I seen any type of gain.
Thanks for the kind words, tho I still feel my plants aren't up to par yet.
Others have told me I expect to much from my plants.

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

#501478 - 11/28/10 04:17 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

maybe dry it out a bit....if your in soil....to speed up the drying process, but fuck the dark period.

and about Washing the trim? ?

Hmmmm, I never spray anything on a plant. (not anymore)What are you washing and why?

--------------------

InvisibleHefe
Re: 9 weeks of flower - yellowing leaves, some dry/crumbly - no amber trichs - WTF? [Re: Ero42oH2o]
    #502242 - 12/01/10 08:36 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Didn't actually wash the hash. Just did a "Quick Wash" Iso extraction. The trim from the single plant yielded about 1.5g of super potent hash.

Will be doing qwiso extractions on all the trim from the 2 other plants - very easy, and produces excellent quality results.

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

#503139 - 12/04/10 10:56 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

no, that is gross.
Iso

no no
get non polar

--------------------

InvisibleHefe
Re: 9 weeks of flower - yellowing leaves, some dry/crumbly - no amber trichs - WTF? [Re: Ero42oH2o]
    #503161 - 12/05/10 01:14 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Eh.... actually doing a quick 20 second rinse with 91% isopropyl alcohol is an excellent and very highly regarded technique to make hash from trim.

The hash I pull is beautiful blonde in color, unless I decide to shake vigorously then I end up with greener liquid and a slightly darker product - still just as potent, with a decent yield as well - 1.5g from only the sugar leaves of one plant.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck