Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Loc: its cold
wilting BAD!!
    #500852 - 11/25/10 06:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones?. Seed
2. How old are your plants? 4 weeks
3. How tall are your plants? 5-6 inches
4. What size containers are they planted in? 3 gal pots
5. What is your soil mix? "oganic" store bought
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? RO every 2-3 days
7. What is the pH of your water? 6.2-6.5
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? Botanicare pure blend pro grow 3-2-4 liquid karma, and cal-mag plus
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? water
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights") MH 600 watt and 305 watts of flouro
11. How close are your lights to the plants? mh is 20 inches
12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 2'x4'
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? 82. humidity unknown..
14. What is the pH of the soil? 6.8
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? fungis gnats very small infestation.
16. How much experience do you have growing? First grow.

Ok so I am back for more help.  Happy thanksgiving btw......
My plants are wilting bad. One of them I may loose its really not looking good.  color on all plants is good.  except one which is actually one of the better looking plants.  one of the lower fan leafs is yellowing.  other then that all fan leafs are a nice shade of green.  But they are all starting to wilt and in the case of one its very searious. 
From what I have read it seems to me that I may have over nueted and may have locked them up.  I am getting ready to flush and hope that I can get a turn around.  I have included a picture of the worst looking one hopefully this will help.

thanks again guys

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: wilting BAD!! [Re: sveumy]
    #500857 - 11/25/10 07:40 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

You are burning those plants up man. That 'organic' soil is probably loaded with ferts, and then you are feeding them a nice dose of nutes.

I've been drinking a little but my guess is going to be there, or the pH is fucked somewhere.
I always have to ask...What kind of meter are you using?

During anytime during your grow did your soil fluctuate significantly? I did this a few times when I was really starting out and I ended up transplanting because I don't know if it was a buildup of salts or whatever these fancy folk call them(their real name) and when transplanted they perked right up or what..But for whatever reason I never could get them back on track until transplanting.

Wait for someone else just wanted to throw that in there.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Re: wilting BAD!! [Re: mhbound]
    #500859 - 11/25/10 08:00 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

thats what I was thinking.  Thinking I took some miss advice and now I am scorching them with nuets.  I wanted to be sure because it seems like if I post my ideas on here I am corrected before I do them rather then do it and have to come back and fix what I did wrong.
so flush or transplant?

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#500871 - 11/25/10 09:13 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

The first 2-2 1/2 weeks i was using distilled water with a very high ph.  In the last week and a half I have switched water supplies and I am now feeding with the above mentioned water.  could that jump in ph in the water caused this.  Possibly effecting a weaker plant more adversely.  The other plants have some wilting but not nearly as bad as the one in the photos.  Just thinking out loud.  I am going to wait until I have a diffinitive answer before I flush or what ever is demend nessisary.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#500928 - 11/26/10 05:18 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I would try to flush first and here is why I say that:

What you have there, at least what I would assume if they were my plants, is a serious problem somewhere in either
a) you have diseased roots
b) the pH of the soil is not correct(assuming you are using an inaccurate pH meter)
c) the first of course is, nutrient burn and nutrient deficiency and thats where you need to start to correct the problem.

Obviously you cant see the roots without transplanting, you say the pH is correct(so we have to assume it is for now), so that leaves us with the last option, C...So we need to flush the shit out of your soil, dont try to be stupid with it like a lot of people and try to flush it in a matter of minutes you'll end up with a whole nother set of problems. Do it correctly and do it over the course of a few days IMO.

If things don't get better over the next few days of flushing NO FEEDING then its either your pH meter is incorrect or the roots are damaged/diseased, which means that you will have to transplant in order to see if thats the culprit. From the looks it will take probably at least 3 days probably more like 7 to start to perk back up.

Have you seen any mold when youve been watering or anything like that? Bugs? Mold being on the plant, under leaves, or more specifically the soil. Hopefully we're right and its just a nutrient problem and these things will turn around ASAP. It doesn't appear to me to be any type of mold causing this problem, my plants really went downhill fast the couple of times I've managed to get mold or damaged roots.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#501002 - 11/26/10 05:16 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I haven't seen any mold on the plants or in the soil.  I do inspect them regularly. they are taking a nap right now.  after their nap I will open them back up and run a flush.  hopefully that will help. Foilar spraying the leafs with good clean water seemed to get a little bit of life out of them so I hope this will bring about a big turn.
thanks for the help

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
    #501238 - 11/27/10 04:38 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I think you might be overwatering and in doing that maybe also over feeding them.
I would say they are small for 4 weeks.  Y
I guess you have been watering them too much for awhile now which has slowed their growth.
You need to make sure you let the large pots dry out more, it will also help with the fungus gnats

The 6.2 pH may be a bit low

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Re: wilting BAD!! [Re: muse42]
    #501268 - 11/27/10 07:00 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, I do believe that again with some bad advice I was over watering for the first 2-2 1/2 weeks.  They are now getting watered/feedings every 3-4 days.  I have had to force myself to leave them alone for the first two days after watering.  last night I preformed a flush on the worst looking plant.  I then watered all of them with just clean RO water.  They are in their dark perior presently but early this morning before I went to bed they were looking significately better.  The top new growth leafs on the plant pictured are perking up.  Bottoms are still wilted and pretty sickly looking. But as mentioned before it could take as long as 7 days or longer for the whole plant to come back. 
On another note.  The plants that are doing the best are rather bushy.  I am assuming that because of my errors I have stunted their growth so this is a dirrect result to the bushier looking plants?
Lights?  Should I raise them to get stretch out of the plants or just leave them at the 18-20in above plant life? 
thank you every one for your continued input.  don't be affraid to tell me I am a moron if I deserve it.

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#501270 - 11/27/10 07:07 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

on a side note.  my lighting cycle may be a little odd.  I live where its rather warm during the days and this time of the year quite cold at night.  Not to mention I work nights....  So my plants are lights out durring the hottest part of the day and then lights on durning the cool nights.  This way i don't have to mess with cooling or heating in my grow room the lights or lack there of dictate the temp. 
This is something that I tried on my own and I don't know if it adversly effects the plants, basically being on an opposite schedual then they would have in nature. 
I appoligise I tend to ramble.
thanks

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#501295 - 11/27/10 09:39 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

As far as how far to put it away from your plant...Be careful with them right now and if you can maybe move them a little bit farther away from the lighting without affecting your other plants if at all possible...If not just be sure to watch for any scorching of the plants.

The rule of thumb I use and I think a lot of people here use is using your hand as aguide to where your light should be. If you hold your hand right above the plants and the light heats your hand up pretty quickly then it probably needs to be moved..Now if it doesnt and your hand stays cool other than a small amount of heat then you are probably good. A fan on low setting pointed right between the light and plants can prevent the heat from building up allowing your light to be as close as it can be.

I wouldn't move it closer right now, if anything maybe back it off like I said a little while they recover.

And you are playing mother nature inside, so your lighting schedule as far as they know is the same as it would have been had they been outdoors. Thats the great thing about doing it inside we can make those decisions based on what is best for our grow area. So to answer your question,, no,, it will in no way adversely affect your plants.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#501299 - 11/27/10 10:14 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Ok so now that the lights are on I took some photos.  Being as a picture speaks a thousand words.  I have 4 photos for you, hopefully I can get a couple words out of ya'll .

One is the updated photo of the above plant showing slightly more vigor then 2 days ago.  The other three are so far my 3 best plants out of the 7 I have.
the other 3 (no photos) were planted a week and a half later, doing well just not much to look at, at this stage.

My grow room is really starting to smell.  I will now be in the market for some form of deoderizer.  any suggestions?  I was looking into a ozone generator.... seems like it would do the job plus be benifitial to my plants in the confined space with it producing oxy and C02.  thinking out loud here..
as always thank you for all the help and suggestions

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#501379 - 11/28/10 08:35 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I know you don't see it because you are checking your plants every so often being the grower and all but I can promise you those plants look a lot better, they were about 1 feeding away from being over the edge and look to be coming back now.

I think its safe to say we are on the right track at least. How hot is it getting in your grow area? It looks like those plants might be stressing a little due to heat, but could be just as likely from pH fluctuation or something similar. Just keep an eye on them, maybe point a fan right above the tips to dissipate any extra heat(on a low setting)--I may have read that you already did this, not sure.

You still have something going on I think with either a problem in your pH or a problem with your feeding regimen(a nutrient defficiency--but if im right its going to be from your pH locking out essential nutes).

How are you testing your pH? How are you testing your PPM? Do you have an EC meter? If not I'd be real careful with the cal-mag.

As far as for a smell, making a carbon filter for a computer fan and using a couple of them isn't very difficult but time consuming(i can get you the plans if you'd like). Ozone generator are alright for small area but (personally never owning one) should be avoided if smell is that important to you. They also sell this gel and shit that absorbs the smell, some have said it works wonders while others bitch because the cops showed up...Probably trying to conceal a huge grow with 1 tub of the shit or something......Anyhow, I'd get myself a nice inline fan and carbon scrubber to move the air out...Will keep your grow area cool too.

A guy has one for sell on here in The Lot(Harry_ballsack--hes a moderator and legit) its rated at 450 CFM(cubic feet per minute) and he has a carbon scrubber with it...Asking like 100+130=230 dollars and said he would negotiate.

Better get it before I do though, seriously. I might be getting it in a couple of days :lol:

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineEro42oH2o
master of the bush
 User Gallery

#501384 - 11/28/10 08:52 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

all better

--------------------
All of the statements and posts I make or have made are fake. I just found all the pictures and copied and pasted them here. I am in no way associated with any of the materials discussed here. I'm just bored, and lame.

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

#501385 - 11/28/10 09:04 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Ph I am testing via a vial and phenol red.  Old school and not super accurate.  I will be looking for a more accurate tester once I can get to my hydro shop.  So yes my ph could be off.  I am sure that there is fluctuations and with the accuracy of the tests being preformed comming into question.  I will definately be making an investment
Feeding is a little sketchy.  I wouldn't call it a regiment my any means.  I am still learning how to read the plants on when they need water.  It seems that when i think they need it they don't..... So I am teaching myself.
Fans and filtration systems... well being as I am in an appartment and I cant cut holes in my walls this is where my grow truely lacks sophistication.  They are in a 2'x8' closet.  I close the door at night to keep the heat in.  Arizona nights can get pretty chilly,  I open the door during the day for fresh air and to keep my temps at plant hight around 70-87.  I have a window open allowing fresh air in the larger room adjacent to the grow room.  this is where the smell may eventually come into play.  right now its barely noticeable in the adjacent office.  But it can never become noticable.  I live within 50 ft of two Border Patrol agents.  This is where the insanity comes into play.  The potential oder CANNOT leave the house.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies