Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

casual eating or purposeful pursuit?
    #496549 - 11/09/10 02:13 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I find it intriguing the levels of work that some people put into developing recipes for cannabis foods.  Munching is the only way I consume cannabis.  When the mood hits me or I need something to work out the pains in my back, I usually just take a tablespoon of ground herb and mix it in to eggs or pasta sauce or put it on my garlic bread before I toast it.  I just use it like any other herb I would pull from the cupboard.

Why do you like to make up recipes for it?  Is it because of boredom or a sweet tooth?  Is it a profit or dosing preference for you?  Maybe you don't like the taste?

I am curious what people have to say, not looking to debate what is "best".

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Re: casual eating or purposeful pursuit? [Re: CrayolaHalls]
    #496579 - 11/09/10 09:27 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I don't like having actual plant material in my food...I'm more a fan of doing an extraction with alcohol, oil or butter and straining out the herb.  To that end, I usually have a bit of vodka on hand, and a bit of olive oil, and some butter, all infused of course, so that when the mood strikes me, I can whip up something delicious.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: casual eating or purposeful pursuit? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #496872 - 11/10/10 03:27 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I cook because I have a butt ton of hash from my trim, and I suck at smoking hash...it makes some really bomb edibles, but I'm never really ambitious enough to make them, so when I do, I just make a bunch of cookies and pop them in the freezer. Win.

I love love love edibles...its so much better than toking for me. It lasts longer, I don't get a shitty crash feeling.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Invisibledoublehelix
Bodhisativa

Re: casual eating or purposeful pursuit? [Re: RasJeph]
    #497714 - 11/13/10 11:04 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:stirthepot:  :raveface:

InvisibleCrayolaHalls
Dreams of Oceans
Male

#499518 - 11/19/10 09:14 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Ok.. so convenience and not wanting to put extra herbage in the prepared foods sound like good reasons.  The herbage flavor doesn't bother me, but we all have different tastes - so I get it.

The olive oil idea sounds super easy and would accommodate the types of meals I would like to cook.

--------------------
I am not a cannabis grower.  I find the cannabis growers to be the most open to experimenting and sharing out of all of the different botany groups I enjoy.  I frequently use the suggestions that I find to apply to own organic gardening and food production.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
    #499933 - 11/21/10 04:00 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

My recipe is on the main site somewhere...

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules