Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

Loc: Behind a Pipe
Neville's Haze (and other strong strains)
    #499819 - 11/21/10 12:28 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I was reading the Cannabis Grow Bible that I picked up at Border's tonight and I saw a few times he mentioned the Neville's haze strain. Said it was hard to grow and didn't have as much buds, but was very strong. Has anyone tried it to verify if it's noticeably stronger and worth the trouble? Are there other strains as strong or stronger?

Edited by psyberpunk (11/21/10 12:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Neville's Haze (and other strong strains) [Re: psyberpunk]
    #499925 - 11/21/10 03:29 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Been around forever. Many many people love it. Myself never thought much of it. :shrug:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

Re: Neville's Haze (and other strong strains) [Re: Magash]
    #500004 - 11/21/10 09:17 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Overrated, huh?

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #500021 - 11/21/10 11:25 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Been around forever. Many many people love it. Myself never thought much of it. :shrug:

Yeah, but don't you generally like indica dominant strains like GDP?
I'm a sativa lover, and Neville's was a spectacular one-time (so far) experience for me.
The high was soaring and clear, my heart was RACING, and my head was buzzing to the point that I thought I could feel it vibrating.
I've had the Super Silver Haze too, and it was fantastic, but for Sativa's so far, Neville's takes the cake.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Neville's Haze (and other strong strains) [Re: 81renaissance]
    #500024 - 11/22/10 12:45 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Not really I do most my work with them cause that is what popular with the medical scene but myself my personal fav is Thai weed when the real thing is around. Most the time though I like weed that is a combo of the two.

I have a few strains that I do that are crosses of Thai, Hawaiian, Panamanian, African, true red and yellow Colombian and a Northern Mexican but they never sold much (we're talking 40 or 50 packs in a year) so I don't even advertise them, it's always the real hardcore growers that do them. :happyweed:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Neville's Haze (and other strong strains) [Re: psyberpunk]
    #500025 - 11/22/10 12:59 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Potency is subjective our brains aren't wired the same way so it's hard to say if we will find things similarly potent. Some people are more comfortable smoking sativas and others indicas but when they smoke something they're not comfortable smoking their world goes to shit.

After saying that, I am still comfortable to say haze is the shit and should be taken with care. I think Haze is FANTASTICALLY potent and I don't think anyone can smoke a good haze sample pure or hybrid and say otherwise. Haze is a strain that should be respected. Neville's Haze is probably the best haze hybrid around in terms of potency and taste. Super Silver Haze, Mango Haze, Afghan Haze, and Jack Herer probably make up the rest of the top 5 for haze hybrids. It is no surprise that they all come from the same haze stock.

As far as growing Neville's Haze, it takes a long time to flower 90-110 days the yield is there though the buds are pretty huge the only problem is the height and the flowering time make it impractical for commercial growers. If you flower a cutting as soon as it's rooted you're looking at a 6 ft plant.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #500026 - 11/22/10 01:03 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Not really I do most my work with them cause that is what popular with the medical scene but myself my personal fav is Thai weed when the real thing is around. Most the time though I like weed that is a combo of the two.

I have a few strains that I do that are crosses of Thai, Hawaiian, Panamanian, African, true red and yellow Colombian and a Northern Mexican but they never sold much (we're talking 40 or 50 packs in a year) so I don't even advertise them, it's always the real hardcore growers that do them. :happyweed:

I love my Thai and Columbian but over Haze? :o I didn't know it was possible to love Thai and not be a huge fan of Haze!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Neville's Haze (and other strong strains) [Re: maryanne3087]
    #500091 - 11/22/10 01:28 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Not over Haze I like the real thing. I'm not fond of Neville's version of it.

--------------------

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

#500123 - 11/22/10 04:49 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

This Neville strain doesn't really seem worth the trouble, but if someone else grew it I'd be likely to try it. :wink:

Got some "Chem Dog Haze" the other day and it is quite potent. I think when I start growing, I wouldn't mind doing some White Widow or some Sour Diesel. I like those strains that are really psychoactive, dizzying, etc. Some sativas increase anxiety too much, which can be an issue for me, so it depends on the strain.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #500184 - 11/22/10 08:06 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Not over Haze I like the real thing. I'm not fond of Neville's version of it.

This surprises me, most haze smokers love Neville's Haze. Are you a fan of any haze hybrids? NL5/Haze is always a nice sample too IMO but find the Neville's Haze better.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Neville's Haze (and other strong strains) [Re: maryanne3087]
    #500234 - 11/23/10 01:46 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I like haze but none of them are really anything I'd stand in line for or anything. Sativa wise I guess I like Thai like I said and Hawaiian when you can get. I have good sources for it there and I like true Diesel (the clone only one there is no true diesel in seed form) or a good trainwreck (another clone only).

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals