Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Trimming: Dry vs. Wet Triming???
    #491763 - 10/26/10 10:26 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I was wondering which method would be better... Trimming your plants at harvest, or waiting until after all your plants have dried before trimming? Which method are the rest of you using?

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: Trimming: Dry vs. Wet Triming??? [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #491765 - 10/26/10 10:29 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I do it wet, if you wait till it dries they leaves curl up and don't stick out and for me that makes it more time consuming, but on the other hand your scissors don't gum up as fast on a dry trim.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Trimming: Dry vs. Wet Trimming??? [Re: DieselB]
    #491766 - 10/26/10 10:38 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I usually trim wet, but I was on RIU and people were going with trimming dry plants. I thought wet trim what better for hash making, do to the fact that dry trim can break down and contaminate the hash.

When it comes to drying I wait until the stem snaps clean before jarring up for curing. But my issue is when I wait until then by buds are really dry. Sometimes too dry for a cure. Whats a good way to add a little moisture without affecting taste.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Trimming: Dry vs. Wet Trimming??? [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #491767 - 10/26/10 10:50 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

wayyy easier wet

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: Trimming: Dry vs. Wet Trimming??? [Re: mhbound]
    #491772 - 10/26/10 11:26 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Too dry for a cure might not be acuurate, when you cure, part of the process is the equalization of moisture, so curing these dry buds may hydrate them in the end from hidden moisture in the stem under the bud.

And just for the record, seems like we have more knowledgeable members here at the Growery, everytime I get on RIU I'm amazed at the amount of morons that post cultivation information without a clue.

--------------------

Edited by DieselB (10/26/10 11:28 AM)

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Trimming: Dry vs. Wet Trimming??? [Re: Jeff Funk]
    #491786 - 10/26/10 12:41 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Jeff Funk said:
Yeah I usually trim wet, but I was on RIU and people were going with trimming dry plants. I thought wet trim what better for hash making, do to the fact that dry trim can break down and contaminate the hash.

When it comes to drying I wait until the stem snaps clean before jarring up for curing. But my issue is when I wait until then by buds are really dry. Sometimes too dry for a cure. Whats a good way to add a little moisture without affecting taste.

Dry trim makes the best tasting hash honestly, wet trim for hash is going to have a lot of green to it.

I trim the day the plant comes down, hang until stem cracks clean, then I trim up the buds for the curing jar.
Sometimes the buds feel dry, but after a night in the jar you'll find that DieselB is right.:yesnod:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Trimming: Dry vs. Wet Trimming??? [Re: Stoneth]
    #491930 - 10/26/10 05:00 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Wet trimming is a much easier task, just dry and cure the trim if you want better tasting hash.  IMO trim is trim and will end up making some great hash as long as it's dried properly.  Trimming while wet lets you get a closer cut since the buds are pliable, this way you can really get your blades in there without ruining the bud.  Plus, in the end after it dries, if you want to do more you can. 

Quote:

Whats a good way to add a little moisture without affecting taste.

Got any plants in veg that need some trimming?  I find that throwing a handful of some fresh leaves in a jar will add some moisture back to your buds over night.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: Trimming: Dry vs. Wet Trimming??? [Re: coda]
    #492211 - 10/26/10 11:41 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
I find that throwing a handful of some fresh leaves in a jar will add some moisture back to your buds over night.

That's a sweet little trick man... :thumbup:

BTW how do you guys dry your trim... Paper bag?

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: Trimming: Dry vs. Wet Trimming??? [Re: DudeTron]
    #492213 - 10/26/10 11:44 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

A screen for me.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Trimming: Dry vs. Wet Trimming??? [Re: DieselB]
    #492441 - 10/27/10 04:32 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

That's a sweet little trick man..

Thanks, it works really well too (can't claim I came up with the idea though :wink:).  Most of the time 12 hours is all they need to get a proper amount of moisture in them, really buds take about 24 hours.

Quote:

BTW how do you guys dry your trim... Paper bag?

Yah I throw mine a paper bag, doesn't matter how your dry it though as long as it dries :smile:

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Trimming: Dry vs. Wet Trimming??? [Re: coda]
    #492489 - 10/27/10 06:18 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Too dry for a cure might not be accurate, when you cure, part of the process is the equalization of moisture, so curing these dry buds may hydrate them in the end from hidden moisture in the stem under the bud.

Well I find that to be true most of the time I cure my meds, but in this case they remained dry.

Quote:

And just for the record, seems like we have more knowledgeable members here at the Growery, every time I get on RIU I'm amazed at the amount of morons that post cultivation information without a clue.

Lol. I think the exact same thing when I go on there. A buddy of mine always comes to me with info he learned on RIU. But it's almost always wrong. I'm no expert but quite knowledgeable. He'll go with the RIU method instead of my advice, and in the past 2 1/2 months he's killed 8 plants,

Quote:

Got any plants in veg that need some trimming?  I find that throwing a handful of some fresh leaves in a jar will add some moisture back to your buds over night.

That's is nice! Ha I never thought to use those. In the past I've used fruit peels, or a leaf of lettuce which affected the flavor. But never mj leaves.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag