Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Re: New trim machine [Re: 40oz]
    #764218 - 01/02/15 10:22 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

yes it was very price but for the amount of time im saving it was worth it for me cause now i dont have to spend 6 hours a day for 6-7 days to do my trimming when i can now do it in two days for 5-6 hours each day

to me i would rather spend a bit of cash like that once and be able to have more time to spend with my girl and have more relax time then having my neck and back killing me for a week and a half from bending over trimming,but also i have a very bad neck so it was another reason why i spent the money on it cause ill be in massive pain from all the bending over looking down

Edited by Mrshroom (01/02/15 10:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline40oz
Stranger
Re: New trim machine [Re: Mrshroom]
    #764219 - 01/02/15 10:38 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not hatin. if i had the cash (& the weed :smirk:) i would buy it in an instance. no need to justify the things you buy with your own money. =)
...but being the tinkerer that i am, it's second nature to reverse engineer things so that it is accessible to me, budget-wise.

but yeah, what strain were those purps?

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

#764233 - 01/03/15 09:33 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

its called red poison and its a auto flower

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Loc: Earth (mostly) Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #764234 - 01/03/15 09:46 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

With a business license they can get those vacuums at wholesale prices and throw one in without a markup. As for a bucket, well, pretty much everything fits inside to save on shipping space. The weight of the vacuum and bucket will not affect the shipping charges, as it will have to rely on dimensional weight (lowest accepted weight for that size package) of its relatively bulky but not heavy components.

I'm not doggin the idea or your for buying one, I've been wanting one of these types of trim machines for a few years now, its just that this one looks a little ghetto in how they put it together.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
Bamboo Bongs I make | Perfect Dry and Cure | Grapegod under LED
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Re: New trim machine [Re: phychotron]
    #764236 - 01/03/15 10:34 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

phychotron said:
With a business license they can get those vacuums at wholesale prices and throw one in without a markup. As for a bucket, well, pretty much everything fits inside to save on shipping space. The weight of the vacuum and bucket will not affect the shipping charges, as it will have to rely on dimensional weight (lowest accepted weight for that size package) of its relatively bulky but not heavy components.

I'm not doggin the idea or your for buying one, I've been wanting one of these types of trim machines for a few years now, its just that this one looks a little ghetto in how they put it together.

hey i do agree that its very pricey and could be alot cheaper but the store i did buy it from i talked them down from 1350 to 1150. so i did save some money. you guys know as well as i do almost everything in the hobby (or work field depending on what state u live in that its legeal) is way over priced.
but from having it in hand and using it, it does not feel cheap or getto, its very sturdy and it does what it claims it does so i cant complain one bit. and now my back and neck are not killing me the day after triming or a couple days after trimming

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
    #764237 - 01/03/15 11:19 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: New trim machine [Re: 13buds]
    #764238 - 01/03/15 01:03 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Probably less than $200 worth of material and its going for over a grand. Damn.

InvisibleDeadkndys420
 User Gallery

Loc: █████
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New trim machine [Re: bEelzeBosS]
    #764239 - 01/03/15 01:09 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

It'll pay fot itself in a year or two if you grow year around. Totally worth it imo.

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

#764240 - 01/03/15 01:10 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

yeah but if youre trimming that much bud IS IT REALLY a problem.  :hehehe:

:ganja:

--------------------
:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:1:growingweed:3:growingweed:B:farmerdance:U:growingweed:D:growingweed:S:growingweed::growingweed::growingweed:

InvisiblebEelzeBosS
Are my eyes red?

Re: New trim machine [Re: Deadkndys420]
    #764241 - 01/03/15 01:12 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Deadkndys420 said:
It'll pay fot itself in a year or two if you grow year around. Totally worth it imo.

If it lasts that long. Dont get me wrong, I'd LOVE to have one but $1200? No way in hell. I'll wait for someone to rip the idea off and sell it for half that.

--------------------
:firecum:

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

#764242 - 01/03/15 01:20 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

well i harvest every 4-5 weeks 12 plants cause i do the auto flowers.. pluse i know a couple other caregivers that always looking for trimmers so i can go do trim jobs for them and charge them to make my money back.  But i trim enough were ill will pay its self back in a year easy

Offline40oz
Stranger
    #764253 - 01/03/15 02:16 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I notice that there are two speed controls, one for the cutting want & one for the vacuum.
Are the speed controls useful? DO you regularly adjust these settings or do you just leave them both on high speed?

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

#764265 - 01/03/15 04:36 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

40oz said:
I notice that there are two speed controls, one for the cutting want & one for the vacuum.
Are the speed controls useful? DO you regularly adjust these settings or do you just leave them both on high speed?

You do need to change the smaller fluffy buds you need to turn the vacum speed down so it wont take the vuds fully off. And for the buds that are alot of leaf you will need the trimming wand speed to go faster

Offline40oz
Stranger
    #764267 - 01/03/15 05:20 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

so you typically have the wand speed set to maximum speed for the regular buds?

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

#764274 - 01/03/15 07:29 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

nah i have the speed about between med and full speed so about 3/4 up for the most part.

i found that the strains that are super super leafy(more leaf then bud) you will have to up the speed to full

Offline40oz
Stranger
Re: New trim machine [Re: Mrshroom] * 2
    #764295 - 01/04/15 01:46 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

thank you. I'm just trying to see if the Speed Controls are even necessary.

With a few modifications, I have an idea in my head on a device that might be comparable to this one but for a fraction of the cost, no more than $200.
I don't want to say much more about it right now, i don't want someone that doesn't know what they are doing trying to jump the gun & end up cutting their fingers off.

When i am done with testing it to satisfaction, i will write up a DIY tek so that it is accessible to everyone. =)

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
Re: New trim machine [Re: 40oz] * 1
    #764317 - 01/04/15 01:40 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

So I'm going to buy one. Not the whole package, but I found a place that sells the parts. I'm going to get the wand ($595), Flexible shaft ($20), and then get my own dremel/router motor ($30) and mount it in a box ($5) plus a speed control ($15) and misc other things ($20).  for a total of $685, less than half the retail price.

They want $720! for the replacement motor.

https://www.eztrimming.com/product/complete-wand/

So I'll save a few hundred. Its about what I'd expect to pay for the system. Hell, my plants are coming down this week, hopefully it will be the last time I have to scissor trim.

I already have a vacuum and buckets, I'll probably take one bucket with a good tight lid and cut 2 holes and use the bucket inline with the shop vac and some silk screen.

I'm actually really excited about this now, because building my own wand contraption would have been the hardest part. Everything else is easily available.

--------------------
Any help given is for educational purposes only. Its your responsibility not to break any applicable laws
“Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune intoned in the distance by an invisible player.” ~ Albert Einstein

Offline13buds
Trichome Farmer
 User Gallery

Re: New trim machine [Re: phychotron]
    #764318 - 01/04/15 01:51 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

:dancer:

--------------------

OfflineMrshroom
Stranger

Re: New trim machine [Re: 13buds]
    #764320 - 01/04/15 02:38 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

hey could u give us the links for all the parts were you getting them at cause if it works out i might get a second one latter or if not just good to know were to get spare parts cheaper i need something

InvisiblephychotronM
Medicated

Trusted Cultivator
    #764323 - 01/04/15 03:56 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

eztrimming.com > parts > wander trimmer

https://www.eztrimming.com/product-category/wander-trimmer-parts-accessories

There is a second page that is kinda hard to notice. its where the complete wand is.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale