Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinehighasfuck
The last samuri
Male User Gallery

Loc: So Cal
Not torch. (found needs medical attention)
    #31170 - 05/15/08 08:47 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Ok so i found these two torches. They're in pretty bad condition. Theyve been un some bushes for god knows how long. My guesse is some kids found out that they contain mescaline and hid them to grow. IDK. But i took them home with me, to bring back to health. I pulled the weeds, gave some new top soil. The color is no were near blue anymore. And a spider has made home of it. I tried to cut out its burrow but i couldnt find the spider.

Also the flesh seems VERY tender. What could be the cause of this?

Heres some pics.

Tips? Should i let it get alot of direct sun for a while? Help

Edited by highasfuck (06/01/08 10:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Peruvian Torch (found needs medical attention) [Re: highasfuck]
    #31308 - 05/15/08 11:57 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

In that blurry second pic you posted, it looks like the cactus may be rotting a bit - probably due to too much moisture and not enough sun. If that's the case, I'd lop off that stalk right below the rot point with a clean knife. Then cut off the rotten bottom of the freshly severed half and let the healthy part sit for a week or so until it develops a strong callous over its wound - the moist flesh will slowly dry and shrink into the cactus body. If you don't wait for a strong callous to form, bugs and other hungry organisms/diseases can more easily contaminate the fleshy innards.

After a proper callous has developed, you can just dig a li'l hole in the soil about 3" or 4" deep and put the severed piece into it (perhaps right next to the existing two stalks to make for a fine trio). These things are ridiculously resilient and if kept in good sunlight and allowing the soil to dry completely between waterings, they should get healthy rather quickly. The shorty that had its head cut off will likely sprout at least one new pup over the next several weeks/months and then continue its growth upward through the new pup!

Here's one of my many T. Pachanoi (san pedro),
and two shots of a healthy T. Peruvianus (peruvian torch):

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Offlinehighasfuck
The last samuri
Male User Gallery

Re: Peruvian Torch (found needs medical attention) [Re: geokills]
    #31319 - 05/16/08 12:05 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yea sorry about the blurry picture. That was the last time i could turn the camera on. It is dead. Ok i have a question about the callous. I did that to a previous cactus. And it looked like it got fungi on the bottom. A lot of small white dots. Which i know to be a mite or fungus of some sort. It rotted and died. I will take your advice though ill cut it tommarow and ill leave the other one in the sun. Thanks.

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #31755 - 05/16/08 01:13 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Surgery requires cleanliness! Make sure that you wash off the cactus as best you can prior to cutting, and that you use a clean sterile knife to do the cutting. Then, make sure you keep the cut cacti in a clean dry place, in order to reduce the risk of contamination. Also, take care to ensure that you have removed all the rot completely.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Offlinehighasfuck
The last samuri
Male User Gallery

Re: Peruvian Torch (found needs medical attention) [Re: geokills]
    #32297 - 05/17/08 12:13 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Well after looking at this cactus more. Im starting to think it isnt a torch. But the look alike. P. azures. (sp)

OfflineIamasmoker
imachavel
Male
Loc: Florida
    #43549 - 05/30/08 02:18 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

way too much water, not enough sun. And they don't look like peruvian torch. Here's what you should do though, like the person above said, cut off the rotting parts, bury them in an inch or a few inches of soil so they don't fall over(those things fall over easy) and put them in extreme sun with NO water.

I wouldn't water those things for 3 or 4 months exept maybe a light misting once a month just to soak the surface area to help the roots spread out. It'd be great if you could lightly mist them once a month then put them in extreme sunlight so the soil dried out very quickly. I don't think a light misting would kill them, but still I'd be careful.

now peruvian torch can take a watering maybe every 2 weeks, but still have a tough time handling too much watering. So maybe these things can deal with it. When you have a new cutting it sucks sometimes, because for the roots to start to sprout the part where they were cut has to be completely dry, but for the roots to spread they need some water. Although they could probably live a few months without huge roots. Oh well, just be frugal and careful.

LOTS OF SUN, HARDLY ANY WATER WHATSOEVER.

--------------------
my rating of flavoraid:

b*tch*s shouldn't call me a retard..

and this shit... "I like to drink tea, lift weights, punch shit, have sex with girls"....

is gay as f**k

Offlinehighasfuck
The last samuri
Male User Gallery

Re: Peruvian Torch (found needs medical attention) [Re: Iamasmoker]
    #43822 - 05/30/08 05:02 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Its back to health. Its not a torch. I was mistaken. Its a Azuearens (sp) torch look alike.

Offlineteefizzle
Male

#44449 - 05/31/08 08:26 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i was going to ask if that was even a torch.  Gotta be careful, im sure some cacti could be lethal if you ate some.

not a cactus technically, but if you were to eat a Euphorbia you would die pretty quickly (thanks for the info Bear Grylls) :laugh:

OfflineaehePh4k
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Not torch. (found needs medical attention) [Re: highasfuck]
    #486540 - 10/09/10 08:48 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

:awesome:

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
Re: Not torch. (found needs medical attention) [Re: aehePh4k]
    #488125 - 10/14/10 10:44 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I got plenty of seedgrown torch cuttings I could trade if you are interested. Theyre about 2 1/2 years old.

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

OfflineCactusdan
Stranger

Re: Not torch. (found needs medical attention) [Re: Laysthepipe]
    #489268 - 10/18/10 09:38 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Man, this forum is a bit slow eh?

:grin:

Geo, your "T. peruvianus" appears to really be T. cuzcoensis.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order