Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

1200w HPS Hempy #2, Neville's Haze Hybrid, ICE, Venus FlyTrap, White Widow x Big Bud (PICS!11/5)
    #463524 - 08/19/10 11:50 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

At it agian, gonna perfect whats left of the seeds from the last grow and start something new with the Haze hybrid. More than likely these will end up growing in 100% perlite, need to pick some of that up soon considering I have all of them popped except for two.

4x Neville's Haze Hybrid

3x Venus Fly Trap

3x White Widow x Big Bud

2x Nirvana ICE

Gonna wait and see if those last two come up before I start with pictures.

Haze Hybrid slowly recovering.

First half

Second half

And still with the upturned margins, I really gotta fix this..

Venus Flytrap's

WW x BB, I tied one of those bitches up because it gave me some lip.

Haze Hybrid's

Day 5 of flowering

Hows this for a thick canopy?

I'm gonna start calling this shit "Neville's 'monster' Haze"

A smaller Haze Hybrid with whats obviously a higher sativa pheno.

Week two flowering:

Edited by DieselB (11/05/10 04:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: 1200w HPS Indoor Hydro #2, Neville's Haze Hybrid, ICE, Venus FlyTrap, White Widow x Big Bud [Re: DieselB]
    #464401 - 08/20/10 05:31 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

The other two have sprouted, we're all in. Got a little perlite and a few cups, here we go.

I really can't believe that, that means every single seed I bought from the Seed Boutique sprouted, 100%.. Very nice. :borat:

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

Offlineweezy420
Stranger

Re: 1200w HPS Indoor Hydro #2, Neville's Haze Hybrid, ICE, Venus FlyTrap, White Widow x Big Bud [Re: DieselB]
    #464411 - 08/20/10 05:56 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

:billymaythumbup:

very cool man!

venus fly trap is seeeexy

Edited by weezy420 (08/20/10 05:56 PM)

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: 1200w HPS Indoor Hydro #2, Neville's Haze Hybrid, ICE, Venus FlyTrap, White Widow x Big Bud [Re: weezy420]
    #475161 - 09/10/10 03:00 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Alright, first update, about three weeks in, they are doing well. Gave them their first feeding of FN grow just by itself at about 11 days old, was in a rush and just mixed it and fed it to them, I just now tested the end of it to see where it was at so I would know what to mix up next and it was at 500ppm.. I guess that's why a couple of them a got a slight burn goin' on... It's all good though, aside from the one Haze Hybrid my cat half devoured they are all nice and healthy looking, good color to them, etc.

Will definitely post up some pics later on fellas, I'm really sorry to have been slacking so much, things have been exceptionally hectic and busy for me these past few weeks.

--------------------

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#489030 - 10/17/10 09:13 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

So just a little update for you guys, plants are still coming along but having problem after problem is really putting me off. I've been chasing my tail for weeks with these fucking plants, like my life isn't hectic enough.

I've come to the conclusion that the Floranova Grow I have, is trash.. Worked great last time, but after sitting for some months it developed these little chunks, crystalline like, and they crumble with almost no pressure, yet they WILL NOT mix. I poured the whole bottle out into a container and used a cake mixer on it for like 5 minutes, poured it back and went to use it 3 minutes later. I give a hand shake, stick my syringe in and it pulls a bit then stops, pull it out and theres a big chunk of the same shit stuck to the end..

So being that the components have yet to fully mix through the grow already, and yes, I shake the shit out of it EVERY single time I use it. I really think its screwed up, because with things clumped together like that. I could have sucked up more of one thing out of the bottle than another, thus throwing off the balance of ingredients in the bottle, and who knows what the plants got and what they didn't.

I'm not about to go buy more when I have gallon size containers of Advanced Nutrients - Grow, Micro, Bloom, that never got used. Well, I used them for a short while in the beginning before I was controlling ph and wrote them off thinking they sucked, but in reality, I wasn't controlling the ph very much at all because my shipment of ph control supplies got screwed up. I went and bought FN, thinking it was my nutes making my plants look like shit.

So anyway, I'm gonna give this AN 3 part a good try after I get done flushing tomorrow. After being sick for a month I'll be lucky if they don't all start shootin' nanners come flower time.

--------------------

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#489203 - 10/18/10 03:42 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

So I flushed with a light nutrient solution of 430ppm and about 6.1 ph. It came out at the highest 600 and ph 6.3, for what went in, that's pretty close. I'm gonna keep on the AN in 1-1-1, which gets fairly close to the npk of FNG, the only bad thing, the AN doesn't seem to contain much magnesium, and that's the biggest sign the plants are showing being short on.. Might toss in a tsp of epsom with it if they don't show improvement in the next few days. I'm open to suggestions too, if anyone is paying attention that is.

If I don't have this fixed, or at least getting better in 3-4 days I'll post some pics up in Docs Diagnosis.

And just for the record, I've had the ph down as low as 5.1, and as high as 6.2 and I can't seem to help them, that's what led me to believe that my Fn had some problems. I can only hope that I was right and that the AN is gonna come through for me. Another thing I noticed with the FN, is it was dropping the ph alot more than it did in the last grow. 8ml was getting me low 5's if not 5.0, where it used to be 5.6/5.9, and my water hasn't changed any..

--------------------

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#489212 - 10/18/10 05:23 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

You know, I have been having issues with FN as well, particularly with the Grow, but Bloom as well.  I was using a syringe, and just thought the hole was too small for the crystals that were in suspension to fit, and they were clogging it up.  But even after cutting the tip off the syringe and quadrupling the hole size, I still have issues.  I know they say shake vigorously, but I've tried exhausting myself to no avail.

Is the area you store yours in warm in any way?  Mine is probably >83°F most of the time, I've wondered if that has anything to do with it.

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: 1200w HPS Indoor Hydro #2, Neville's Haze Hybrid, ICE, Venus FlyTrap, White Widow x Big Bud [Re: God]
    #489225 - 10/18/10 06:20 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Thats about where the temp was on my bottle for the last couple months, it stays in the only part of the house thats not air conditioned. I didn't think anything of it till I saw on a new supplement I bought "store in cool, dark place". Surprisingly enough, the Floranova doesn't say anything like that. All I could find on it was  "Avoid freezing and direct sunlight."

I've been searching on the matter for a few days, one guy on another forum said he called GH and they told him that their nutes couldn't go bad, I don't know about all that, though.. He just wanted to know if they had a shelf life though. Don't think he had problems.

I know what you mean about the shaking too, I'm literally switching arms back and forth because they are getting tired! Craziness, so I finally tried the cake mixer, and mixed that hell out of it, still clumpy. You'd think it would be more than just us having issues..

--------------------

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#489380 - 10/19/10 05:37 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I'm wondering if you're just supposed to shake it to get the suspension as homogeneous as possible (which might still be kinda clumpy).  Then, if you're supposed to not use a syringe, but actually pour/scoop up teaspoons worth (which you'd have to do quickly) and dump them in your gallon, whereupon they go into solution because there's so much water.

If that's the case, then a syringe would be a bad idea, and it would make sense that we'd see the sort of clumping we have been seeing, as small clumps would build up on the end...

I guess the question is, does anyone else use a syringe to measure FN?
Maybe I'll make the hole even bigger.
:hmm:

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: 1200w HPS Indoor Hydro #2, Neville's Haze Hybrid, ICE, Venus FlyTrap, White Widow x Big Bud [Re: God]
    #489490 - 10/19/10 03:38 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I was kinda thinking the same thing, most probably mix in a rez so they probably use a measuring cup and just pour it out.

The thing is, I've used this same syringe for the whole first grow with FN and had absolutely no problems.

--------------------

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#489494 - 10/19/10 03:55 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I also didn't have problems until probably almost a month of using the bottle.  I was suspecting that the chunks settled too low, too quickly for the syringe to reach them, until enough was used that the chuncks were more concentrated in the suspension.  Then they'd start clogging things.

Which would mean that the feeding ratios would be off forever.  Which would actually explain some things...

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#489515 - 10/19/10 05:10 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, thats my theory as well. Thats why I decided to go back to this 3 part.

After flushing out the 9 out of 12 and having all of them have normal runoff, I decided to just skip the last 3. My new regimen is:

6ml Grow
6ml Micro
6ml Bloom

1ml Floralicious Plus
5ml Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus

Giving them two days to straighten out, if all goes well I will initiate flowering and switch to a bloom recipe.

I've been doing a lot of research on Hempy ph and it seems the normal hydro range is a litttle low for them. Seems like they need to be around 5.8-6.1, whereas before I was shooting for 5.4-5.9ish.

God, where have you been keeping your ph levels?

--------------------

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

#489621 - 10/19/10 10:31 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I've been aiming for 5.8-6, seems to be working ok.

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#489750 - 10/20/10 11:58 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

So I woke up to a nice little explosion in growth, we are on the down side. Thank God! It was getting damn frustrating, I started 4 O'Haze x Skunk#1 seeds just to cover my bases in case I lost any. Of course, I should have known better, now I'm gonna have too many plants to deal with. I haven't even taken clones from this bunch yet either. Pictures will actually follow this time, when I have some color that I'm not embarrassed to show you guys...

--------------------

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#489751 - 10/20/10 12:03 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

pics. i love plant pics in the morning:goodmorning:

--------------------
Everyone are you ready for doom,
Because I've blackened the sun,
And I've bloodied the moon.
I bring gloom when I step in the room,
With the fumes of a tomb.
flowers bloom when Im taken away
:rofldrunk:

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: 1200w HPS Indoor Hydro #2, Neville's Haze Hybrid, ICE, Venus FlyTrap, White Widow x Big Bud [Re: lostinbq]
    #490069 - 10/21/10 11:58 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

There's a few pics for you guys. Still looking pretty unhealthy, but they're coming along.

--------------------

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#490417 - 10/22/10 12:57 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Fed yesterday with same formula plus 4ml liquid Kool Bloom, also initiated 12/12 as of this morning. I couldn't wait any longer, after getting them a little healthier they fucking exploded and I'm running out of room REALLY fast.

--------------------

InvisibleMR.HEADY
PorchMonkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Toothless acres . West Vi...
    #490426 - 10/22/10 01:40 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

im watching this one and you can never have enough room....

--------------------
[quote]FarBeyondDriven said:
Anybody ever tell you you're the result of a broken prophylactic in the back seat of a 74 Mercury?[/quote]

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: 1200w HPS Indoor Hydro #2, Neville's Haze Hybrid, ICE, Venus FlyTrap, White Widow x Big Bud (PICS!) [Re: DieselB]
    #490691 - 10/23/10 09:13 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

So I have three sprouted Original Haze x Skunk#1 now, since my lights are already 12/12, they are obviously gonna flower from seed. And from what I've heard on this strain, they can flower for like 4 months, so not a problem. I've also heard the bud is great smoke, and pretty potent, guess we'll find out in about 14-16 weeks. Hopefully I will only get one girl, even if I get two I'll probably cull the smaller one.

--------------------

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: 1200w HPS Indoor Hydro #2, Neville's Haze Hybrid, ICE, Venus FlyTrap, White Widow x Big Bud (PICS!) [Re: DieselB]
    #490829 - 10/23/10 06:35 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Got a couple more pics up, they are going bonkers. And this is just day #2 of flowering, I really wish I could have started flowering sooner because they are huge, but silly me wanted them healthier first. I'm gonna need a damn chainsaw by the time these Haze Hybrids finish out..

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale