Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Harvest Questions.
    #487631 - 10/13/10 03:26 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Sooo Ok my plant(Bagseed) has been in flowering for 35 days and already a majority of the hairs on the top buds are brown but the lower buds are still white some are pink(but that's just a Gene anyway). But I don't understand why there turning brown/amber! its only been 35 days and the shit looks like its ready to harvest. So if the bottom hairs are white and the top is brown would I harvest the top and wait for the bottom how does this work? Also the buds are tiny but the calyx's are fat tho.

I can already tell the Rocklock will have a bigger buds just because its already the same size and still looks like it has another month and a half.

Could it just be genetics? The Bagseed has a Gasoline like smell its weird.

But Help me answer this. Why are my leafs doing this
(folding under and turning light green)
Then.... Turn to this. A dead dried out leaf? They just fall off.

--------------------

"you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you"
"I got something that will fit in that hole... its right here in my pocket"
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: Harvest Questions. [Re: critik]
    #487752 - 10/13/10 09:08 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

crazy how no one can reply

--------------------

"you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you"
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

Invisibleboomsaway
 User Gallery

#487851 - 10/14/10 06:59 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

those sorts of questions should be taken to the doctors diagnosis section

and fill this out in your post. http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/53005

It sounds to me like a Phosphorus deficiency or lockout, but take it to sick bay and fill that out because theyll make ya do it anyway.

also in my sig is a link to diagnosing common problems and the symptoms to watch out for

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: Harvest Questions. [Re: boomsaway]
    #487887 - 10/14/10 10:27 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I am not really worrying about the leafs I just want to know if I should start the flush. I am thinking the leafs are dying because its flowering. Fan leafs usually die off when flowering.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorDarkMatter
Stranger

#487888 - 10/14/10 10:35 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Do you mean the hairs are turning brown or amber? Or the resin gland heads are turning brown/amber? If it's the hairs, then you need to look at the R. heads, the hairs really dont matter too much from what Ive read. Almost all of my hairs are orange but I still have a little while to go in flowering. When the r. heads turn opal or amber  then that would be the time to harvest..from what Ive read. But im no expert.

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

Re: Harvest Questions. [Re: DoctorDarkMatter]
    #487915 - 10/14/10 11:49 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

yea what dark said. but your hairs could be turning due to water ph or too many nutes. my plants pistils where changing bad until i corrected the problem now things are back to normal. some 1 told me that it was ignorant of me toward my plants to wait until the problem gets worse before trying to correct the problem.. too bad i was already trying to correct a different problem. fill out the form and hand it into the dr DX before it takes a turn for the worse. shit can happen in a matter of a day or too and can be irreversible before it is too late bro.

still looking good for the point you are at.  BTW how Manny grows have you done?

--------------------
Everyone are you ready for doom,
Because I've blackened the sun,
And I've bloodied the moon.
I bring gloom when I step in the room,
With the fumes of a tomb.
flowers bloom when Im taken away
:rofldrunk:

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: Harvest Questions. [Re: lostinbq]
    #487966 - 10/14/10 02:19 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hmm Well I am pretty sure its over feeding/Ph issue cause I am using scotts which is enriched with miracle grow but at a low Percentage its cheap shit don't ever get it lol. And 2nd I am using schults which is being mixed with the miracle grow that's already in the soil so yeah I was expecting problems. But Maybe a flush would help?

I have been using distilled water since day 1.

And this is my first indoor grow I am gonna throw up better pics later.

--------------------

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#487968 - 10/14/10 02:22 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

And the R heads are still clear getting cloudy tho Judging from the naked eye.

lostinbq Why you ask how many grows tho?  The top looks fine but I already lost about 50 fan leafs off the bottom

--------------------

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

#487969 - 10/14/10 02:23 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

And another thing the rocklock which you can see in the background is turning yellow As much as I feed it the fan leafs still turn yellow and die off idk but its budding nicely real sugary.

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #488014 - 10/14/10 05:41 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I'd put money on that your dealing with complete nute lock out at this point.  With both the Schultz and Miracle grow soil they're just getting way too much. 

Flush with a pH balanced low nutrient solution.  So whatever you were feeding with before, cut that down to an 1/8th and youll have the concentration you want to flush with.

A low nutrient solution flush will grab onto salt build up and give you a better flush than plain pH balanced water.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleGod
Yahweh

Re: Harvest Questions. [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #488033 - 10/14/10 07:05 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
A low nutrient solution flush will grab onto salt build up and give you a better flush than plain pH balanced water.

I have never heard this before, but it kinda makes sense from my limited chemical knowledge.  Is this a common practice?

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Harvest Questions. [Re: God]
    #488188 - 10/15/10 10:39 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Its common if your not using some other product designed to help leech out the built up salt.  I believe one is called flora kleen, but dont quite me on that.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: Harvest Questions. [Re: God]
    #488189 - 10/15/10 10:45 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I guess I will try the low Nutrient Solution Flush. Another thing When they say Harvest when 50 percent of the hairs Have Changed color do they mean on the whole plant or each main stem?

Because all the top main colas have like a ton of Brown hairs and everything under that still has more white hairs then brown And I am not sure when to start the 2 week flush. I was looking at a picture that showed when to harvest judging from the stigmas. And it showed a picture of when it was too late to harvest and the hairs were super dark almost looking fried. And on my plant the main colas have had more then 50 percent brown hairs for a good minute now and I don't want to ruin the bud. Should I like start the 2 week flush and then take the main colas off and let everything under it finish? I don't want to overdue the main colas.

Or should I not worry about the hairs and go by the R heads?

--------------------

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#488194 - 10/15/10 11:42 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

critik said:

And this is my first indoor grow I am gonna throw up better pics later.

this was the Q i meant to ask. i thought this  was yout first indoor you said. mine me nothing for im sick and i may or may not make sence.
Quote:

critik said:

if your lights are still set up like this and you are losing the fan leafs from the bottom it is due to they are not getting enough light. even with reflectors cfl will not get to the bottom of any plant. buy another 6 pack cos its cheep of bulbs, get a cheep extension cors (pref 2-4 cords) with the outlet bulb adapter thingy from walmart for $1 and set them up so the lower part of the plant will get good lighting too espec cence u only got few plants like me and can work it in. cence i did this i have not had 1 leaf on the bottom of my plant turn yellow or die off. cant say i hurt the big fan leafs myself but the bottom of my plant is butting nicely especially down the whole main stalk.
like so. but i pull the plants closer to it.
idk if this is any relevance to your grow but just tryig to help, rember im sick so i may not have made any cence.

--------------------
Everyone are you ready for doom,
Because I've blackened the sun,
And I've bloodied the moon.
I bring gloom when I step in the room,
With the fumes of a tomb.
flowers bloom when Im taken away
:rofldrunk:

Offlinethe man

Re: Harvest Questions. [Re: lostinbq]
    #488248 - 10/15/10 03:35 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

k bit of weird wordin from ya. trichomes or crystals are technically hair and what go cloudy. pistils go brown and are what we usually call hairs(make the bud orangy) if you hit the top of your buds or get to close to the light or some other stress the pistils will prematurely go brown. so if your rubbing the top nugs with a arm or smelling them this will happen. new ones will replace soon enough. work on getting that ph dialed in maybe grab a 12 dollar prob. peace

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: Harvest Questions. [Re: the man]
    #488330 - 10/15/10 10:40 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I feel ya on that LOSTINBQ I just went to the hydro store and picked up from happy frog organic soil and some  bio thrive bloom and grow and some root riot seedling starters(same thing as Rockwool cubes tho). Also Ph up and down and a ph meter. My next grow will be watched carefully and done right to the perfection. I also got a 60x-100x scope the Crystals are still clear. SO I guess I got a while.

My bad "the man" Was in a rush typing everything. But the top nugs are not on the light there 4 inches away I'd say. I am sure it has something to do with just not taking care of them properly or maybe genetics cause the rocklock is looking great!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale