Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Exotic strains
    #484717 - 10/03/10 04:08 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

What does the growery have to suggest for exotics? Thai, Columbian, Mexican, etc.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

Re: Exotic strains [Re: maryanne3087]
    #484726 - 10/03/10 04:28 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I'd suggest Mandala Strains. Sounds like they are all close to their indian landrace backgrounds. Seems pretty exotic when everything else available is just one big jumbled mix of everything else.

Indian as in India, not Native American Indian.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #484843 - 10/03/10 09:53 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

maryanne3087 said:
What does the growery have to suggest for exotics? Thai, Columbian, Mexican, etc.

Yeah yeah those are neat and they are exotic but you can still find those fairly easily. You should go nuts with it. Cambodian, Korean Skunk, and some Japanese strain if you can find it. Now that I think about it some of the best hash on earth comes from Nepal. Well what the hell are they growing to make the hash you should find some of that. :thumbup:

You know one of those strains that you can only get the seeds from some old crazy woman who lives down by the swamp and only has 5 seeds left to her by her great grandaddy of some crazy "voodoo weed". :awedance:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Exotic strains [Re: Magash]
    #484860 - 10/03/10 10:21 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Good Thai is hard to come by. I grew up on Columbian/Panama, Mexican, and Thai weed. I also am not such a huge fan of Indica doms. Nepal has both pure indica and pure sativa landraces?

Korean Skunk? Is that a clone Soma uses? He uses a Korean Skunk in his breeding but I haven't heard of Korean Skunk otherwise.

I've never heard of any good Japanese weed. They have absolutely no export market since weed is so expensive there. I've been around various parts of Asia and you don't run into much that lights your head on fire.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #484874 - 10/03/10 11:15 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah it's the one Soma uses. I know him and we butt heads on a lot of things (esp his method of feminizing seeds). I'm not so sure just how Korean that skunk is. It may just be a skunk cutting he got from a Korean kid. :wink:

Buuuuuuuuuut I have grown out his strains with killer results and his lavender is still big on the med scene.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #484884 - 10/04/10 12:04 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Never been a huge fan of Soma. I admit he does produce some good quality strains but they're all polyhybrids which isn't my style. I wouldn't mind growing his Hash Heaven, Amnesia Haze, or Somaui but I don't think I'd shell out cash unless I know someone who recently bought either from whatever seedbank.

He's definitely an interesting character but I also have mixed feeling towards him. I feel for him as he's been at war with the authorities and was recently arrested but he's also damn near braindead.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #484899 - 10/04/10 03:38 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah agreed. He actually takes a lot of credit for his sons work.

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #484948 - 10/04/10 09:30 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

He takes credit for everything and passes the blame wherever he can.

If you're on ICMag you can see threads of him saying seed germ rates or m/f "fem seeds" aren't his fault because someone else made the seeds. He also said some bullshit that he makes sure they're worthy of his organic ways and that he believes anything he touches is worthy of the customers money. I think the thread is on the first page titled Warning:Soma.

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

#485049 - 10/04/10 04:23 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Quote:

maryanne3087 said:

Yeah yeah those are neat and they are exotic but you can still find those fairly easily. You should go nuts with it. Cambodian, Korean Skunk, and some Japanese strain if you can find it. Now that I think about it some of the best hash on earth comes from Nepal. Well what the hell are they growing to make the hash you should find some of that. :thumbup:

You know one of those strains that you can only get the seeds from some old crazy woman who lives down by the swamp and only has 5 seeds left to her by her great grandaddy of some crazy "voodoo weed". :awedance:

I think the quality of the hash is more based on the production method they use, as opposed to the quality of the weed.  In fact, the weed they produce the stuff from makes the Mexican Brown Frown seem down right amazing

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Exotic strains [Re: kyuzo]
    #485163 - 10/04/10 09:39 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

No, I disagree completely.

The type of hash makes for a different smoke. I think dry sift hash is far better than bubble/water extracted hash. I think solvents beat the bubblehash also but fall behind the dry sift. HOWEVER I could easily see bubblehash made from AAA buds beat the shit out of mexibrick. Quality of the weed effects the quality of the hash A LOT with solvents some strains are just better than others for hash making. Seeds ruin hash with their oils too so seeded weed is better for dry sifting. Seeded weed also isn't as potent as sensi.

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

#485179 - 10/04/10 10:18 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not saying that the quality of weed has nothing to do with the quality of hash made from it, in general, but only in the particular instance concerning Indian charas.  Charas is simply amazing hash, especially if you're lucky enough to run into some genuine cream.  But the weed it's produced from is simply disgusting

Edited by kyuzo (10/04/10 10:19 PM)

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: Exotic strains [Re: kyuzo]
    #486492 - 10/09/10 06:36 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I too enjoy dry sieve hash quite a bit.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals