Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebatman returns
Stranger
ez clone large plant chronic wilt
    #485436 - 10/06/10 12:23 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Ok, here's my big fuck up of the crop. Turned up my submersible heater in my ez clone to max, my bad. I'm running a good regime of beneficials, so my guess is while I was spending the day completing my death star, not checking on my ez clone, it heated up and caused my bennies metabolisms to go bezerk. wake up next morning, see a 1' tall chronically wilted sour diesel, check my ph and it's 4.7. fixed the ph, sour d gets worse all day. at the end of the day, the juicy fruit (also 1' tall, and right next to the sour d) starts to wilt, sprayed with anti wilt spary, still going down. ph now 5.8, any advice on saving the juicy? i was just about to transplant them too... hating life. has anyone else had problems sustaining large plants in the ez clone setup?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebatman returns
Stranger

Re: ez clone large plant chronic wilt [Re: batman returns]
    #485501 - 10/06/10 09:18 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

just woke up, juicy is on the way out. 3 more in begining stages of wilt, transplanting now. any ideas? this is weird... they've been in the machine thriving for a week here... i'm stumped. could the low ph or high water temp have activated something??? aby thoughts here would be great!!!!!

Offlinebatman returns
Stranger

#485522 - 10/06/10 11:03 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

My guess is phytophtera at this point. Water got hot, sped up the phytophtera, boom, chronic wilt on the big ones. They'd show water uptake issues first anyway. I'll send pics so you can see what I'm talking about.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #485618 - 10/06/10 05:23 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Well not to mention the fact that warm water is a breeding ground for all types of bacterial life and algae to form.  Your rez temps shouldn't venture too far above 70F or you risk damaging the root system, preventing nutrient uptake, and growing all sorts of nasty shit in your rez.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

Re: ez clone large plant chronic wilt [Re: coda]
    #485627 - 10/06/10 05:57 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

is this true with all types of hydroponics, or only systems where the roots are constantly immersed in a nutrient solution, like DWC?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ez clone large plant chronic wilt [Re: kyuzo]
    #485926 - 10/07/10 06:40 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I'm pretty sure it applies to all form of hydro.  Hell even when you feed soil plants it's best to use colder water then warm.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

#486266 - 10/08/10 09:40 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

You grow in Hempy Buckets, correct?  Would I be wrong to assume you never payed much mind to the water temp in the reservoir?

Now grant it, i have absolutely no experience with pot, but I grow many plants in a similar passive set-up, except I use a LECA or Lava rock medium.  And I never had much issue with water temps (was something I never even payed attention to), even when the plants are sitting out in full sun in 90+ weather

Edited by kyuzo (10/08/10 09:43 PM)

Offlinemarkdogg420
SpUnductaperanger
Male User Gallery

#486307 - 10/09/10 12:35 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

you need to flush with fresh water ph adjusted of course for a few hours then start back on low nutrient regiment and always check on your babies,I check on my plants more than my real kids...my wife will never read this..you need a heat matt it on raises the temp a little like room temp +5 deg.F

Hope they make it

--------------------
If you an't got 5 on it you can't get high on it!!!!!

Offlinebatman returns
Stranger

Re: ez clone large plant chronic wilt [Re: markdogg420]
    #486319 - 10/09/10 01:34 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Update:

total losses at this point: 5 beautiful kids.
murderer: fusarium wilt
treatment: major disinfectant cleaning, cool 70 degree h2o, peroxide added to res for one week, beneficials including tricoderma the next, followed by balanced h2o with peroxide. rinse and repeat. one day i didn't check them, one day. bumber. but, on the bright side, i know i've been seeing this here and there for years, and now finally cutting open the stems and correctly id-ing the fungus was a great step forward for my grow. a costly lesson, no doubt, but a lesson learned none the less. in the end, and hopefully this is the end, it put half the room back a month or so. one question here, do you think you can cut clones from plants with wilt? i've got one of my juicys that wilted cut up in h2o with peroxide, they look great and would def root, i just don't want to grow a plant that is likely to die as soon as she's ready to flower. any thoughts?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #486333 - 10/09/10 07:37 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Don,t use a heater with the ez-cloner. The pump alone provides enough.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #487186 - 10/12/10 11:00 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
I'm pretty sure it applies to all form of hydro.  Hell even when you feed soil plants it's best to use colder water then warm.

70-72F is the optimal temperature for the root zone, the temperature of the water or nutrient solution won't necessarily effect that depending on how much higher the nutrient solution is, the temperature of the medium, the amount of medium, how much nutrient solution the medium holds, how long it's bathed, how quickly it drains, how much evaporation it allows, etc.

I would like to see a physical improvement feeding plants in soil water that's 5F cooler. I don't believe it matters very much as the soil drains, and the nutrient solution evaporates it cools. To say it's best(we have information that tells us nutrient solution shouldn't exceed 72F) is one thing, but to say it's better (will see improvement over feeding warmer nutrients) is another.

NFT or DWC hydroponics would be less forgiving, but I think that Ebb and Flow, Soilless, and Soil are very forgiving with the nutrient's temp at time of feeding. During the heatwave we experienced here I fed my plants with 85-88F nutrient solution with no ill effects. My plants in DWC weren't negatively effected as far as I can tell.

OfflineCaTai
Stranger
Re: ez clone large plant chronic wilt [Re: maryanne3087]
    #495794 - 11/06/10 06:55 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

im having the same problem with brown spots, how would i flush a plant in the ground? run the hose?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds