Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
OG #18 x Skunk #1 Log
    #451183 - 07/25/10 02:13 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Started three beans today.  Gonna be a real sparse log until I get ready to flower some clones.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: OG #18 x Skunk #1 Log [Re: coda]
    #451990 - 07/27/10 06:33 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

All three seeds have popped and are now pushing their way to the surface.  I love the beans I've gotten from this deal, 100% germ rate so far and a great female to male ratio to boot.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #452964 - 07/29/10 08:42 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Transplanted all three seedlings tonight

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #461752 - 08/16/10 09:44 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Going to to top and clone tomorrow and see if I can't get this next project moving a little more quickly this time :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #475796 - 09/11/10 06:44 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Day 1 of flowering starts tonight.

Switched to Advanced Nutrients Sensi bloom for this run

Fed tonight 1 tbsp / gal.

I have two clones of the OG in the flowering cab right now.  The third doesn't look like it's going to make it.  The moms are showing preflowers and I should know sex in a day or so.

I'll get some pics up soon.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #476623 - 09/13/10 04:39 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Well fuck me running, this grow is pretty much canceled.  99.99% sure all three are fucking male.  God damn it, I was really looking forward to growing these.  All three moms were showing preflowers last week, but they were all too tiny to really tell for sure.  Now that they've grow up I see no telltale stigma and lots of tiny little "lobster claws".  Not even one girl to speak of, first strain out of the lot that gave me all males. 

So, in response, I planted all of my remaining stock from that purchase.  Next on the bill is a run of kandy kush and sleestack.  I have three LA's in the flowering cab and I'll probably toss in the two kushberry clones I kept.  This put a huge kink in my flowering plans, but thankfully I had enough to give me a harvest in November.  Otherwise I'd be out of bud and that is never, ever, a good situation for me to be in :wink:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #477177 - 09/14/10 10:09 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Fed Last Night

Sensi Bloom A+B 1 Tbsp / Gal

Wow, thank god I don't trust my eyes.  I ended up with one girl.  Due to my luck it was also the worst looking plant out of the bunch, but beggars can't be choosers.  Hell, I ended up with only one girl from the LA run and it's been my favorite plant I've grown so far.

Her preflowers took a lot longer to develop, for a long time they looked like the others did so I just figured it was another male.  Thank god for that small part of me that always holds out hope that one will turn into a girl lol Other wise I would have cut them all down and moved on. 

I took cuttings from the mom tonight.  I think my bottle of veg nutes went bad, so I just dosed her with some of the new flowering nutes I bought that was left over from last nights feeding.  I'll be picking up AN's grow line as well, fuck it might as well compare and see how well they do. The other cutting I thought wouldn't make it managed to pull through so I'll toss that in as well.  Unfortunately when I took those clippings I didn't label them so I'm unsure as to which ones are the males and which is the girl.  I have a pretty good feeling the girl is the one that almost didn't make it thought heh.  So that will get tossed in the cabinet and I'm tempted to throw a kushberry cutting in there as well to get a nice mixed bag this time around.

So I'm excited now, should have a great harvest come November to look forward to and a new strain to enjoy all hopefully before turkey day :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #479329 - 09/18/10 08:58 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Fed tonight

8 ml Sensi A+B
4 ml Big Bud
4 ml Bud Candy

Total PPM 1100.

Cut the dose of the food in 1/2. At 1 tbsp of the base nutes alone I hit 2000+ PPM.  Sufficed to say my plants were not happy with such a strong feeding.  I was following their feeding chart, but just like I figured it was way too strong.  This mixture is a bit more manageable and I hope I didn't do too much damage.  I lucked out and the one of the two OG's was the girl.  I removed the male and will be replacing it tomorrow with a Kushberry clone.  I was thinking of just growing 4 this time, but I want to have a little extra to give away again during xmas.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow. :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #479675 - 09/19/10 06:49 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

So here's the lone girl on day 8 of flowering.  The plants all liked the lower dose of food so I'll keep going with the mixture I just used until they ask me to bump it up or tone it down again.  I put one of the kushberry clones in tonight as well to give me the 5 plant total.  Lucky for me I was able to do it and only be behind the others by a week, so the harvests won't be too spaced apart.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #480054 - 09/20/10 06:25 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Fed Tonight

8 ml Sensi A+B
4 ml Big Bud
4 ml Bud Candy

Total PPM 885

I used distilled water for this feeding just to get an idea of what my TDS looked like in purer water.  I realized a 215 PPM drop compared to my tap water.  Still not 100% convinced my water source is causing me problems.  When I opened the cab door up growth had literally exploded overnight.  They're really liking the new food at these levels so I'll continue to give them the above dose until I think they want more.

At this point I can't honestly say that the AN nute line is any better then the GH.  I can say, however, that I do enjoy the liquidity of the nutes how I can use a syringe to measure my doses now (and no shaking for 5 minutes either!).  Seems easier to adjust the pH as well, I did notice that using the distilled water the AN line balanced itself out at 5.8 pH.  With my tap I drop in between .5 and 1 ml of pH down per feeding.

Anyways they all look awesome and I'm totally looking forward to seeing what AN can do for me.  I still think the Nova line is top notch, but I'm beginning to like this even more.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #480533 - 09/21/10 09:36 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Here she is on day 10.  Just looking at the previous pics you can see the growth spurt she had.  I'll be trying to take more pictures for this log, didn't for the kushberry and I kind of regret it.  Anyways new growth is definitely more pale then the older stuff, but it might just be because of the rate of growth.  Hopefully not a Mg deficiency, but they'll be fed tomorrow so I'm sure either way they'll green up a bit by thur.  The LA's I have going now all have buds showing by this point, but the OG is lagging behind a bit.  I think the strain leans more towards the sativa side, but I'll have to look that up.

Definitely feels good to be flowering again though, can't wait to see how she turns out :smile:

EDIT: According to the Attitude OG#18 is 60% Sativa 40% Indica.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #481364 - 09/23/10 04:51 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Fed Last Night

8 ml Sensi A+B
8 ml Bud Candy
4 ml Big Bud

Total PPM 996.

Weird about the drop in PPM, my tap water is finally starting to come out a little bit colder so maybe that's why (either that or I used a little more water in the jug this time).  Decided to up the dose on the bud candy since it's really not going to hurt anything I don't think.  So I'll run that one at full strength since it shouldn't give me any problems.  I'm being a little tentative with the big bud because I've read it can burn your plants pretty easily.  I'll probably bump that up to 8 ml next week, you only run it for 4 weeks so I think think switching to full strength at the 1/2 way point of its use probably wont hurt me.  Looks like I'll have to raise my lights soon, that OG is growing up quick and I tied down two of my LA's to keep them a bit smaller and open up the middle to more light.

I'll get some more pics up tomorrow. :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #481827 - 09/24/10 07:22 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Fed Tonight

8 ml Sensi A+B
8 ml Bud Candy
4 ml Big Bud

Correction, big bud runs for 6 weeks not 4 like I had posted.  I will give the girls one more week at 1/2 strength and then bump up to full for a week and see how they take it.  Was planning on buying the B-52 supplement but I'm super broke this week after a lot of personal issues drained my wallet.  Plus I'm looking at dropping a lot of dough fixing my rear brakes so spending money on nutes is not much of an option right now.  The only thing I may do is hop up to the grow shop and see if they'll toss me a sample bottle of some cal-mag.  Don't really think my plants are Mg deficient, and the only plant not looking the best is the kushberry (but she's still only a week into flower so its early), so if anything I might toss in a dose once a week just for good measure.  We'll see, I'm doing my best to keep this run as simple as possible with the nutes and trying my best not to overload my plants (common problem for me in hydro it seems).

If I get the chance I'll post some more pics but most likely I'll get to it tomorrow.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #482614 - 09/26/10 09:09 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Day 15

Fed Tonight

8 ml Sensi A+B
8 ml Bud Candy
4 ml Big Bud

Total PPM 933

Things are progressing beautifully.  The OG has gotten tall as fuck in such a short time, that was about a 3 inch clone or so when she started two weeks ago.  She's dwarfing the other plants in the cab right now and getting pretty close to the light.  Buds are coming in on her now finally and I'm thinking her main cola is gonna be pretty thick.  Hopefully things keep going as smoothly as they have been, It's definitely nice when things go your way :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #482902 - 09/27/10 06:57 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

So even though I'm not keeping a true log on the LA's and the lone kushberry, I figured I'd throw in an overall shot of the flowering cab.  Found something distressing tonight on the small LA in the front left.  One of the main tips had a few hairs that were crisped brown.  I searched around for some nanners and didn't see any.  Checked all the other bud sites and didn't notice any other browning yet.  So I'll be keeping a real close eye on all the girls for a little while to make sure I don't have a hermie problem on my hands.  I probably just bruised the flower, but you never now and I don't take chances with herms lol.  I'd rather be super paranoid and catch one in time, then have my entire crop end up as stalks with seeds.  I also raised the light and re-arranged the plants tonight.  It just had to be done because the OG got so tall.  The light is about a foot away from the tip of the OG, but it's nice and cool when I place my palm there so it should be just fine.  I'm a little more concerned about the LA's since now they're about 3 ft from the light, so I'll probably rig up a little platform and get them a bit closer when I have time.

Anyways, you can see how the OG is towering over the other plants right now lol.  I did tie one of the LA's down, and the other's will probably get a little bit of LST to help increase some light penetration.  I think I'm going to have to switch to everyday feeding with the OG soon.  She got a lot bigger then I anticipated, so her root system is probably doing a good job of filling out that bucket.  All of the plants except the kushberry, which is a week behind the others, are showing some nice buds already.  The trichome formation is already beautiful on the LA's, I'll have to get the loupe out and take some pictures through it again. 

Overall I'm very happy with where things are at.  Day 25-30 is where I've been seeing some issues appear, hopefully I won't run into anything as severe as that last kushberry run (which I still rate as a failure).  I'll try and get some pics up on the weekend. :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #483237 - 09/28/10 07:48 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Fed Tonight

12 ml Sensi A+B
8 ml Bud Candy
4 ml Big Bud

Total PPM 1330

Gave the OG a bump in the base nutes tonight.  Thought maybe she could use a little extra.  The LA's are looking real nice so I kept them at the 8 ml dose.  I figured since the OG was much larger then the other plants she could use the extra food.  I'll probably start watering her every day now, she was looking a little wilted when I checked in tonight.  I'll probably wait til Sat. to start doing that unless I really feel like she needs the extra water.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #483857 - 09/30/10 07:23 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Fed Tonight

12 ml Sensi A+B
8 ml Bud Candy
4 ml Big Bud

Total PPM 1330 (same solution from last time)

Fucking christ, the OG just wont stop growing up.  I might have to go get some bushmaster or something, she's now 30" tall.  I had to raise the light again, will have to definitely raise the other plants up now, and hope to god the OG fucking stops the vertical growth.  I really don't like growing plants that tall anymore so this is a bit of PITA for me.  I hope I'll be able to keep her smaller in the future otherwise I'll have to ditch it for indoor growing (although the outdoor potential is pretty sweet IMO).

Anyways, seems to be ok I guess.  Still a little lighter green then the LA's but otherwise growing very well (she gained two inches since last night lol).

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #484177 - 10/01/10 06:37 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Day 20

Well I had to raise the lights again which forced me to find some way to raise the other smaller plants closer to the light.  Even if it cuts off some light to the lower portion of the OG, it's better then cutting off the light to 4 other plants.  Luckily I had a four extra red buckets lying around and just flipped them around.  Worked like a charm, I'd like them a little higher but this will do for now.

Still wish I could green this OG plant up a bit more.  I'm really not sure what the problem is honestly and I don't want to go throwing a lot of food at her for no reason. I bumped her up to 12 ml's, but maybe I do need to go up to 16.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #484434 - 10/02/10 06:41 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Fed Tonight

16 ml Sensi A+B
8 ml Bud Candy
8 ml Big Bud

Upped the dosage on the base nutes, figured two feedings at full strength and I'll see what happens.  Since they hit the 1/2 way point with the big bud I also switched that up to the full strength dose.  The LA's and Kushberry are getting 8 ml's of the base nutes still and loving it :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #485102 - 10/04/10 07:12 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Fed Tonight

16 ml Sensi A+B
8 ml Bud Candy
8 ml Big Bud

Total PPM 1900

Still with the same solution as before, this is the last feeding she'll get at this strength as I'm going to back down back to 12 ml's.  The really big fan leaves are the only ones affected by this, but the rest of the plant is nice and green now so I don't want to risk frying her.  Buds are starting to come in nice now on all the girls, I hope to have this all finished up before November is finished. 

November 14th would be Day 64 and my optimistic harvest time for every plant but the kushberry.  I started the KB a week later then the rest so she'll have to wait until the 21's to get the chop.  I might push them all to day 70 or so to give them that extra time, but I'll just have to see how things are going around that time.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom