Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleReaper
LST'er
Loc: Grow room
Light green, purple, crinkled.
    #480919 - 09/22/10 06:05 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Can i have some advice on these please ?
They're in canna coco and i've made some minor mistakes already. I repotted out the 4" pots too early because they didn't look great from the start, it's something i used to do with soil, then i over fed them with an EC of 0.9 a week in (following the canna plan) but obviously they weren't strong enough so they burnt a touch.
I flushed since then till the run off EC was at 0.5 and now i'm watering every two days with a light solution 5ml each canna A/B and 40ml rhizotonic which comes to an EC of 0.2.

They're still going slow at 16 days now. I'm not sure if they need more food or if it's over watering.
If you can see on this one it's purple at the growth tip, these are Blue Widows.

This one was worst burnt and it looks a bit off.

Roadrunner auto,

I know they don't look terrible but i'm not sure where to go with them next.
Thanks for any help.

Edited by Reaper (10/01/10 07:31 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Coco noob, [Re: Reaper]
    #480942 - 09/22/10 06:30 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

You can't over water coco. I mean that in the most literal sense too. You can underwater coco but it's impossible to overwater, unless your water is incredibly stale with no dissolved oxygen.

Some strains just grow slowly. Transplanting before it's needed usually results in weak root growth. The more excess medium you have the slower your roots will fill it in. I start my seeds in plug trays because of this then I move up to a 3 inch square pot to a 5.2 inch 2L square pot.

Just keep up on your observations, try not to overfeed them (too high of EC), and water them often. I water my coco plants 2-3 times a day.

InvisibleReaper
LST'er
Re: Coco noob, [Re: maryanne3087]
    #480989 - 09/22/10 07:26 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Are you watering like that right from the start ?
My seedlings were yellow with purple growth tips straight away, i have a funny feeling if i watered these every day it'd kill them. The coco's soggy, heavy and there's green shit growing on top.
I was thinking of dropping it down to every 3 days until it roots properly but then i have an EC problem with it drying out and the nutes will have to go up soon.

I'm not really sure what EC they should be on for their size ?

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Coco noob, [Re: Reaper]
    #481025 - 09/22/10 08:58 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

At that size I'd give them 300-500 ppm or .7 or less EC

When they're small I don't necessarily water them multiple times a day but I keep them saturated. It's very critical at the early stages to keep the root system saturated at all times. So that is to water until the medium can hold no more, I'll water until runoff occurs everyday at any size.

InvisibleReaper
LST'er
Light green, purple, crinkled. [Re: maryanne3087]
    #481172 - 09/23/10 07:48 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks, next time i'll repot more to your scale and hopefully things will root out quicker.
At least i know the right EC, in theory it should be impossible to fail as long as i keep the PH in check.

I'll see how they look later but i might put them on separate schedules for now and see which does best.

Thanks again.

Edited by Reaper (10/01/10 07:32 AM)

InvisibleReaper
LST'er
Light green, purple, crinkled. [Re: Reaper]
    #481795 - 09/24/10 05:14 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Small update, i guess i'll chart some progress here.

I don't think they look any better yet but i noticed another symptom.
One has purpling on the undersides of the leaves and they're still slightly off color and crinkly.

It's annoying that they've perked up once since being repotted and gone downhill again so i don't think it's to do with that.
They're being watered at 0.4 EC which i was going to up next time i mix.
40ml of rhizotonic per 10l, half/half filtered rain water and tap.

They're growing under T5's, PH just under 6.

Two have been watered daily since my last post and the others just today, can't say there's much difference between them really tho.

Edited by Reaper (10/01/10 07:32 AM)

InvisibleReaper
LST'er
Light green, purple, crinkled. [Re: Reaper]
    #483983 - 10/01/10 07:31 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Update for resolution,

I ended up mixing a fresh batch of nutes, left out the rain water, used half the rhizotonic and added canna A/B till the EC was 0.7 then gave them a quick flush.
They looked better over night but i was still worried about over watering so i let them dry a bit over 3 days, upped the nutes to an EC of 1.0 for the next feed and fed, left for two days after that and i just got onto feeding every day last night feeling that they're rooted properly now.

I'll be starting out differently next time, seedlings don't seem to like wet coco.

Fingers crossed they'll be ok now.

Invisiblestarrider

Re: Light green, purple, crinkled. [Re: Reaper]
    #558614 - 05/26/11 03:07 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Dude, pic 1 and 4 look great. The middle two look like nute burn to me. If you'er that worried about over watering your plants than switch to hydroponics. Than there's no question about watering. A lot easier than soil IMO.

Good luck

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite."

William Blake

Anything  I write is a lie. Any picture I post is a fake. I only write for entertainment.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder