Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

heavy metal
    #478191 - 09/16/10 03:13 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

in baghdad.

I mentioned this in another thread but I felt it should get some real attention.  If you got netflix it's on there right now, if not do yourself a favor and download it or stream.  Good documentary.

It looks like they even got it on youtube if you can't find it anywhere else.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (09/16/10 03:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: heavy metal [Re: THEBats]
    #478213 - 09/16/10 03:47 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

thats pretty badass, im going to watch it

--------------------

Offlinecritik
Closet Monsters!
Male User Gallery

Re: heavy metal [Re: iStoner]
    #478218 - 09/16/10 03:53 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Thats sick Cant wait to get deployed Ima hit that joint up

--------------------

"you know, when you want something really bad and you close your eyes and you wish for it? God's the guy that ignores you"
"I got something that will fit in that hole... its right here in my pocket"
"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: heavy metal [Re: iStoner]
    #478220 - 09/16/10 03:55 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

iStoner said:
thats pretty badass, im going to watch it

Me too, going to find it on torrent now. Thanks

on the theme of documentaries. The Cove was pretty good too. Very one-sided but that's how some documentaries are.

The OP's; Heavy Metal
http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1508445?load_bal=19839005&show_files=1&page=2&ref=1284674202#file_list

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: heavy metal [Re: Picklez]
    #478448 - 09/16/10 08:28 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

watching the cove now.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #478450 - 09/16/10 08:30 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
watching the cove now.

let me know what you think :thumbup:

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#478451 - 09/16/10 08:31 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

like wise. :thumbup:

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#478455 - 09/16/10 08:36 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

been reading more about them.  apparently they just released their first album this year.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineCoaster
I'm Back Baby
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sativa Central Flag
    #478456 - 09/16/10 08:37 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

اقولك ماعليك زود طال عمرك هع

--------------------

Invisibledrawde
    #478457 - 09/16/10 08:37 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Its been a long time since I saw that but it was worth watching.

I love to learn about other cultures, not just their history and all, but the little stuff that makes them different. Thats what is so great about these kind of films that are up close and personal.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: heavy metal [Re: Coaster]
    #478467 - 09/16/10 08:45 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
اقولك ماعليك زود طال عمرك هع

هذا لا معنى له.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#478697 - 09/17/10 05:41 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Pretty good documentary.  I've heard of the subject before and what not and have seen pictures.  Really it is a question I struggle with, at what point should cultural tolerance be pushed aside?  There are certainly some cultural practices I think that should be outlawed, I just wonder what standard we should have with regards to such. I mean, like Alaskan natives who still hunt whales/walrus ect.  Well it's really not their activities that has led to the endangerment of these species.  Their culture is sustainable, ours is not, at least not right now.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #478704 - 09/17/10 05:46 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, you can tell there is definitely a flip side that they dont show you. But that's because it's directed by the guy who wants to end all dolphin killing period.

Another BIG issue is that they sell dolphin meat labeled as whale and other animals. But dolphin contains extremely high levels of mercury.

I just finished downloading Heavy Metal. I will watch it tomorrow

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#478708 - 09/17/10 05:50 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah.  The same goes for Blue Fin Tuna, which is becoming endangered and is already very expensive.  I think limits can be set up in place for the native population, like Alaska does I do believe.  The whole of what Japan is doing though I don't agree with.  And really dolphin isn't anywhere near as integral to native life as whale or walrus is to the Inuit.

Yeah let me know what you think of that.  Best doc I've seen in awhile and shows just what it's like to live in that fucked up situation.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

Edited by THEBats (09/17/10 05:51 PM)

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #478728 - 09/17/10 06:21 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
Pretty good documentary.  I've heard of the subject before and what not and have seen pictures.  Really it is a question I struggle with, at what point should cultural tolerance be pushed aside?  There are certainly some cultural practices I think that should be outlawed, I just wonder what standard we should have with regards to such. I mean, like Alaskan natives who still hunt whales/walrus ect.  Well it's really not their activities that has led to the endangerment of these species.  Their culture is sustainable, ours is not, at least not right now.

there is a TED talk that kind of discusses those issues.  It was pretty good.  I think i posted it in the ted talk thread just yesterday.  I think it was by sam harris.  it was titled something like solving moral questions with science.  very good stuff.  i'll check this docu out.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: heavy metal [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #478731 - 09/17/10 06:34 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I think I've seen that.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#478733 - 09/17/10 06:39 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

oh i just found this as well.  now i can watch and stop the dload.  :bigblunt:

edit:
i must be stoned, forgot the link!

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTg3ODU1MDY0.html

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#478734 - 09/17/10 06:40 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

let me know what you think.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#478821 - 09/17/10 09:10 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

http://documentaryheaven.com/heavy-metal-in-baghdad/
http://www.hulu.com/watch/76543/heavy-metal-in-baghdad

wow.  I really haven't noticed how much i take our safety here for granted.  Such a grim reality over there.  i was surprised how well they spoke english.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#478866 - 09/17/10 11:14 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I'm hunting it down now, once I have it I'll put up a torrent for everybody.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order