Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineemptyvessal
Stranger

Coco Coir Watering When And How
    #477601 - 09/15/10 03:26 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Hi im new to growing and need something cleared up.

I am using straight coir to grow with and after some research i am getting confused about how to water some people say let the pots dry out others say water everyday with 10 percent run off.

Which is right?  Right now my plants are in the flowering stage.

Any help very very very welcome!      :billymaythumbup:

Should the coir be let to dry or as its hydro is it ok to water every day and keep the pots moist at all times.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheBudWhisperer
Stranger

Re: Coco Coir Watering When And How [Re: emptyvessal]
    #477627 - 09/15/10 04:14 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Keep it moist but not soaking wet. I water every day and a half. Watch your ph and for overfeeding tho!

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Coco Coir Watering When And How [Re: TheBudWhisperer]
    #477698 - 09/15/10 07:28 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I feed my plants in coco multiple times a day. Some people feed and let the coco dry out a bit before feeding again.

The idea is you want to pick either application and stick to it. To try to keep oxygen in the root zone to prevent root rot (anaerobic bacteria). Watering often (2-3 times a day or even more) introduces more air into the medium than watering once a day), letting your pots dry out a bit also introduces air.

I find that my plants grow quicker when I feed multiple times a day, so that's what I do.

OfflineThe White Rabbit
Stranger

Re: Coco Coir Watering When And How [Re: maryanne3087]
    #477699 - 09/15/10 07:32 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

When I use coco I airate my water and water 2x's a day. I never actually let the coco dry out.

Offlineemptyvessal
Stranger

Re: Coco Coir Watering When And How [Re: The White Rabbit]
    #477996 - 09/16/10 06:01 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for all the replys guys :smile:  :billymaythumbup:

I shall water everyday from now on with pH adjusted water + nutrients, I have a air pump some where i could use to aerate the water too if this helps get more oxygen into the soil.

Ive been looking after a friends grow and they are showing bad signs of nute deficiency from what I've learned its due to the fact he has been feeding them to little and with water that hasn't be correctly pH adjusted his last tanks pH was at 8!

These pics have come out very yellow but i think you can see what i mean :rolleyes:

Lack of Nitrogen and Mg and Phos from my studies and other peoples opinions.

Thanks again for the help !!

One last thing if the water being added to the pots was very alkaline would addding water thats a bit too acid help balance that out? Or is this bad practise?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom