Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemedicine Man
Grower/Caregiver
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re:Had to do an emergency flush Now plants & Buds weird HELP!
    #473471 - 09/07/10 09:15 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Some one gave me plants to grow for them. One was infected with Thrips & Mites.
Typically I put all plants in quarantine 48 hrs before introducing them to one of the grow rooms. This time I wasn't here to manage it. They looked all healthy when I 1st saw them. Later that day my routine inspection I saw that one plant was deterating fast! Quickly removed that plant & went berzerk. I went to the store to pick up supplies.

While I was gone she read on the net to hit them with a solution of 50%water & 50% alcohol and spray. Those critters attack fast!!!

All plants in that grow room were quarantined and thee infected one isolated in a chamber unit for testing.
All the others seemed to be ok, though wasn't taking chances!
This is what we did 1st, before the other alternatives choices.

1)Neem Oil, AzaMax, Garden Dust and Sticky Thrip & Leafminer traps.

2)Mixed a batch of solution using Neem oil mixed with Aza Max and Water. 1/2 a cap of Neem Oil, 1/2 a cap AzaMax to 1 quart of water in a spray bottle.

3) Sprayed all plants thoroughly, under the each and every leaf.

4) Hang Traps.

5) Sprinkle Garden Dust around every plant. Then with a garden claw gently racked the top of the soil to mix the Garden Dust 2-3" deep into soil.

6) NOTE: DO NOT Water Plants for 24 + hours.

7) After 24 hrs water plants.

8) Every Night for 5 days sprayed with solution.

9)SUCSESS!!! EVEN THE BADLY INFECTED PLANT STARTED NEW GROWTH. STILL KEPT IN ISOLATION.

PROBLEM: Plants started growing weird they all were in flower and had nice dense buds. Now they are loose and the plants are growing new leaves that are weird looking, with pistols on at the base of new vegetation where nodes would be.

I have started feeding them, they all kinds of vegetation growing.
I will try to attach before and after pictures.
Maybe some one can tell me what to do or expect from these plants!

Also a large branch/shoot was broken today about 20" long, 1/2" thick  Plant #BGM3-1-A before flush had about 12" cluster @ Top and some 3-5" Clusters coming

--------------------
Building, Contructing, Creating, with Alliances for Successful Growth !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re:Had to do an emergency flush Now plants & Buds weird HELP! [Re: medicine Man]
    #473498 - 09/07/10 10:26 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Could be cause of several reasons.

1. All the stuff you used to fight the bugs. (Next time use Avid. One misting and your done with no need to repeat the spraying)

2. The amount used. Yes it's hard to just sit there when a bug panic sets in but spaying every day is a bit much.

3. They may just be recovering from what the bugs did to it. :potleaf:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinemedicine Man
Grower/Caregiver
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re:Had to do an emergency flush Now plants & Buds weird HELP! [Re: Magash]
    #473531 - 09/07/10 12:26 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

These plants had alomost no damage or effect. though the infected plant was near them. Upon inspection, I saw a couple though they didn't have time to do their damage .
She sprayed them to much I agree.
Do you think they will grow buds back? Did you see the before and after pics?

Also when I took clones from the flowering plants the clones have weird leaves. Now the are growing normal looking leaves though the stems are purplish?
I think I attached the pics correctly?

Thank you for any help!

--------------------
Building, Contructing, Creating, with Alliances for Successful Growth !

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re:Had to do an emergency flush Now plants & Buds weird HELP! [Re: medicine Man]
    #473550 - 09/07/10 01:20 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Nah I didn't see the pics I don't open files from other people.

As long as the plants regain their health they will grow buds. :thumbup:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re:Had to do an emergency flush Now plants & Buds weird HELP! [Re: Magash]
    #473900 - 09/08/10 12:01 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I'd like to put a note to this.  Like Magash said, spraying them every day is over kill.  You should spray on day 1, let it sit for 24 hours and then rinse off with regular water, wait 48 hours and then reapply spray.  You do this to allow eggs to hatch and then kill them before they have a chance to lay more eggs. 

I have never used Avid but would tend to trust Magash on this one. 

Now to using Azamax and Neem Oil at the same time is a bit redundant.  From my understanding, and I could be wrong on this one for what I know was told to me by the owner of the hydro store, Azamax's active ingredients are derived from Neem Oil itself.  So giving them both is just giving them 2 of the same product.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates