Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesamson
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Taste And Smell Question
    #473190 - 09/06/10 05:17 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Hi there folks! I hope everyone is doing well out there!

This is likely a way too broad question, but i am again really new at this- I have harvested 3 crops now, indoor and only like 4 plants at a time... Still learning basics.

All of the plants i have been successful on have been very pretty, crystally and pretty good smoke. My concern is that only one plant(super lemon haze) has been very aromatic and nice tasting. Ive sorta had like hay smelling plants mostly otherwise. My question is this... Could it be the water im using? i am currently renting and cant really install an RO system- If distilled water from the store has the potential to make my bud noticeably better in terms of smell and taste, i would certainly go that route. I just wondered if there were any common problems that people experience that may be somewhat easily fixed to produce nicer herb. Any suggestions with regard to producing more pleasant scent and taste would be greatly appreciated. I am fully aware theres probably any number of reasons that could account for this problem, i just dont know what all they could be=) im sure itll get better with experience=) thanks in advance folks!!

e

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStickyIcky
 User Gallery

Re: Taste And Smell Question [Re: samson]
    #473228 - 09/06/10 06:52 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Genetics

InvisibleMR.HEADY
PorchMonkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Toothless acres . West Vi...
Re: Taste And Smell Question [Re: StickyIcky]
    #473282 - 09/06/10 09:13 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

if you are asking about the smell after the harvest  you need to cure 30 day minimum the smell for me always comes on great at around that time

--------------------
[quote]FarBeyondDriven said:
Anybody ever tell you you're the result of a broken prophylactic in the back seat of a 74 Mercury?[/quote]

Offlinesamson
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#473298 - 09/06/10 09:31 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

thanks much friends. i cured 3 weeks last time but i will give it longer this time and see what i get! hope all is well with you folks!

e

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #473591 - 09/07/10 02:17 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

With your next grow try using a Guano additive like Budswell or Organa Guano.  I assure you that you will smell and taste the difference.:yesnod:

--------------------
:getstoned:

Offlinesamson
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Taste And Smell Question [Re: Stoneth]
    #473865 - 09/07/10 10:49 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

thanks much- i will definitely give organa guano a shot! all my ferts and soil are organic as i was hoping to complete my crops totally organically. i really appreciate the help=)

e

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#474255 - 09/08/10 08:09 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Blackstrap molasses will also help bring out taste and especially smell. Other than that, as otherwise stated, you need to have a good solid cure to get that slap you in the face loud smell when you crack the lid. Also make sure it's good and dry before the cure, don't get too anxious and do it quick. Because from what I've seen the buds with more moisture take much longer to bring out their real aroma. I let some dry too long cause I forgot about it on this past harvest and it actually cured quicker/easier. Of course you don't wanna powder dry your buds either. There's a very fine but happy medium with the drying/curing process, don't be shy to change your process around a little with one jar then label, then do the next one differently and label it, experiment with the amount of times you burp them and exchange the air each day, how long they stay open to breathe etc.. Once you hit that sweet spot you'll be very pleased.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflinePapaKush
Peaceful Warrior
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Taste And Smell Question [Re: DieselB]
    #474259 - 09/08/10 08:30 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Ditto, proper drying and curing. That hay smell is from improper drying and curing.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale