Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineepicseeds
Stranger
My Baby's are Canoeing! :(
    #468568 - 08/27/10 04:58 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

So I have done a bunch of googling and this seems to have happened to a few people in the past, but never could get a solid answer.

I have not been over watering - only every 4 days or so. Temps are 76-80 F. Soil is 70% FFOF and 30% quality top soil. Light is a 90w T5 about 10inches away. Plants are about 12 days old.

Only thing that is not in tip top shape is that I am using tap water without any ph testing. Can PH problems do this? The weird thing is the 2 other baby's are not showing signs of this but they are a different strain.

Any suggestions?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: My Baby's are Canoeing! :( [Re: epicseeds]
    #468570 - 08/27/10 05:07 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Your lacking in nutrients bro, that one plant looks like it either needs some nitrogen or some micros but I can't tell from the pic. Could you take one of just an affected leaf.

--------------------

Offlineepicseeds
Stranger
    #468642 - 08/27/10 07:23 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I cant believe it needs nutes.  It has fox farm ocean forest and has been in there for less than 2 weeks.
It's a little hard to get a good close up...im using an iphone 4 :P

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

#468687 - 08/27/10 09:24 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry dude I was super stoned, I mean't had too much. Your topsoil might be the problem since fox farm has never done me wrong. How well did you mix the final soil.

--------------------

Offlineepicseeds
Stranger
    #469284 - 08/29/10 02:07 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

was mixed very well.  i really doubt its the top soil too since the other 2 plants are fine.  well actually a 2nd was kind of doing it but not any more. 

i am starting to think it may be too low humidity.  when they curl up like that i read it means they are trying to cool down...so i added a bucket of water and raised my lights up a few inches.

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Trusted Cultivator
    #469379 - 08/29/10 12:52 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Could definitely be heat stress and/or low humidity.  Remember that a tiny plant doesn't have a robust root structure that can reach throughout your container to tap moisture laying deeper in the soil.  Since the top of the soil will be the first to dry out, and your plants are obviously pretty small, I would suggest that slightly lighter and more frequent watering may be in order in efforts to ensure that the top 3 - 4" of soil is maintaining adequate moisture while your plant gains its footing, which will also help to maintain higher humidity around the leaf mass while the lights are on.

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Offlinekyuzo
Stranger Than Fiction

Re: My Baby's are Canoeing! :( [Re: geokills]
    #469385 - 08/29/10 01:10 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

geokills said:
Could definitely be heat stress and/or low humidity.  Remember that a tiny plant doesn't have a robust root structure that can reach throughout your container to tap moisture laying deeper in the soil.  Since the top of the soil will be the first to dry out, and your plants are obviously pretty small, I would suggest that slightly lighter and more frequent watering may be in order in efforts to ensure that the top 3 - 4" of soil is maintaining adequate moisture while your plant gains its footing, which will also help to maintain higher humidity around the leaf mass while the lights are on.

in a situation like the above, I'll usually use a hand mister to wet the top of the media.  The reason i found this to be better than regular watering is that the mister is creating light weight droplets that tend to stay on top of the media, as opposed to a steady stream that will "push" down into it

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order