Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, USA West Coast Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJaTalk
Stranger
How to reverse flowering?
    #469166 - 08/28/10 09:04 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

So here's the deal, I got a clone a few weeks ago to grow outdoors (I know it's really late in the year but I still figured I'd do it). The guy I got it from told me that to keep it from flowering I could bring it in at night for a couple hours under regular light and that should do the trick. Well, unfortunately I got lazy and didn't do it thinking that it wouldn't start flowering quite yet but it did. It's only been a few days since it started flowering and I'm gonna start to bring it in at night now. Will giving it a couple more hours of light at night make it go back to vegging or if not is there anything else that I can do?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegrod31
Ranger
 User Gallery

Re: How to reverse flowering? [Re: JaTalk]
    #469171 - 08/28/10 09:38 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

say your getting 14 hours of light outside
thats all your plant needs to flower. if you give it more light then that it should "re veg"
im gonna guess your in the northern hemisphere, and in 8 weeks or so its gonna start to get real cold.
good luck.

--------------------
DO NOT USE mushmagic.com- THEY LIE AND SELL DRUGS TO CHILDREN :thumbdown:
--------------------------------------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the fucker can go! 
And when it comes to that fantastic note
where the rabbit bites its own head off,
I want you to THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten seconds and they'd make me explain.

OfflineJaTalk
Stranger
Re: How to reverse flowering? [Re: grod31]
    #469175 - 08/28/10 09:50 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I'm in Cali (Bay Area), never gets real cold here so I'm not real worried about the weather.

Offlineimpgl

#469344 - 08/29/10 11:07 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

hey ja. im in the east bay myself (oakland/ berkeley). do NOT try to re veg. its going to take weeks to accomplish that. it will be to cold/ wet by the time you grow it out and induce flowering. believe me, ive been growing outdoors in the bay for around 5 years. one year i brought some indoor plants outside around september. by the time they were beefing up (novemberish) the first rains came in and molded my buds. felt bad man.

--------------------

OfflineJaTalk
Stranger
Re: How to reverse flowering? [Re: impgl]
    #470480 - 08/31/10 04:28 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Hmmm...well the thing is this plant is REALLY small, I'd probably get an eighth at most out of it so taking the chance of things going bad really is worth the reward of a higher yield. Last year was my first year growing and my plants got rained on a few times and never got any mold. Since it's in a pot I don't see why I couldn't bring it in during the rain to keep it from getting wet.

All in all I see your concerns but I'm going to use this as a little experiment and see's what comes out of it.

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
    #470601 - 08/31/10 09:00 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

JaTalk said:
Hmmm...well the thing is this plant is REALLY small, I'd probably get an eighth at most out of it so taking the chance of things going bad really is worth the reward of a higher yield. Last year was my first year growing and my plants got rained on a few times and never got any mold. Since it's in a pot I don't see why I couldn't bring it in during the rain to keep it from getting wet.

All in all I see your concerns but I'm going to use this as a little experiment and see's what comes out of it.

Don't do it mang.  You are better off just watching your plant mature and smoking 1/8 ounce than getting moldy crap.  And consider doing an indoor grow during the winter. 

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #470640 - 08/31/10 10:30 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

What your trying to do is to revert the plant. What is going to happen is the plant is going to go into shock before it starts to revert so for a few weeks at the least there won't be any growth at all while the plant tries to figure out what is going on.
:potleaf:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineHeathcliffHuxtable
Great Job!

Re: How to reverse flowering? [Re: Magash]
    #471303 - 09/02/10 03:44 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Very well said ^^^ and of course because of that shock the yield will definitely be decreased. If the clone wasn't too expensive I'd just flower it and start fresh next season

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, USA West Coast Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies