Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemushhead91
Truth Seeker

Ready to flower?
    #543393 - 04/05/11 10:22 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Hey guys, I think I'm about ready to flower but wanted to get a second opinion from some people because this is my first "solo" grow. I'm hoping I can get a full grow journal up sometime soon before buds start to appear (I'm a very bad procrastinator). There are 4 plants altogether, they are all Skywalker OG Indica plants grown from feminized seed, and its been about 6 weeks since they popped their heads out of the ground.

I believe pre-flowers are beginning to show, but my camera isn't good enough to take a picture that is not super blurry. Is it normal for pre-flowers to start appearing at the middle of the plant? I don't see any pre-flowers at the bottom ( assuming these are pre-flowers )

All of these plants are a 12" - 14" tall and are in 2 gallon pots. I hear its best to give cannabis about a gallon of soil per foot of growth, so should I move these gals to 3 or 5 gallon pots before flowering? Being indica I don't think the plants will get any taller than 3 or 4 feet tall.

Also, what is a good nutrient solution for flowering? I assume Bonticare Pure Blend Pro Bloom would be a good candidate, but I wanted to see what other people are using.

Strain: Skywalker OG (Indica)
Soil: FoxFarm Ocean Forest
Nutrients: 2 Feedings of Bonticare Pure Blend Pro Grow (one 7.5ml and one 15ml/gal)

Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Ready to flower? [Re: mushhead91]
    #543394 - 04/05/11 10:24 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

It all really depends on the size of your room bro.

You got room for some monsters?

Also, if you DO transplant before flowering, keep in mind that you'll need to keep them under veg lights for a bit afterward. I transplanted a plant to a container 4x as big, then flowered immediately, and I'm pretty sure it added a LOT of time to flowering. Make sure roots are established before you flower. Probably common knowledge, but I know I fucked it up so someone else might too.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Offlinemushhead91
Truth Seeker

Re: Ready to flower? [Re: RasJeph]
    #543396 - 04/05/11 10:26 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
It all really depends on the size of your room bro.

You got room for some monsters?

I'm growing in a 4' x 2' x 5.5' grow tent. So I have a considerable amount of room.

InvisiblePandor

#543426 - 04/05/11 01:00 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Personally, I would veg them out a little longer and do some LST.

PBP is a great nutrient and it is somewhat organic. My problem with it was that it was not keeping in the reservoir. It was breaking apart. Now I use General Hydroponics flora series. Whatever you use, I strongly suggest knowing exactly what your using and why. Don't do what I did at first and just throw a bunch of stuff in there because you saw or heard of some other grower doing it.

Keep it simple, a base nutrient, maybe silica, calmag and that's about it. And liquid karma or kelp product. Good luck on your grow.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ready to flower? [Re: Pandor]
    #543452 - 04/05/11 02:51 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

What she said!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Offlinemushhead91
Truth Seeker

Re: Ready to flower? [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #543492 - 04/05/11 04:01 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Alright, I'll veg them out about another week. So would you guys say about now is a good time to transplant into the 5 gallon pot so the roots can take hold before I switch the light cycle?

OfflineHempMaster
Space Trucker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #544620 - 04/08/11 10:32 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

yes switch to 5g pots and vedge for another week, I usually flower my plants between 8 and 10 inchs depending on the strain, they mature to just over 3ft. If your growing in a soilless mix and are using hydro nutes, i use advanced nutrients 3 part micro/grow/bloom and a couple differnt flower enhancers from A.N. aswell, i have found these are very easy to use,cheap, and have gotten excellent results compared to my old nutes i used(technaflora)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds