Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSuperBudMan
Weedaholic

homemade DWC, would this work on larger scale? how to get my roots white also (pics)
    #467904 - 08/26/10 02:50 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

ok so i made a homemade DWC bubbler using an aquarium pump i had laying around and a sterilized protein powder bottle. the air stone i had broke but it has seemed to be doing ok so far. i havent bought any netpots yet so i took a little gladware container that was a little bigger than the rockwool, cut a hole in the bottom so the rockwool would fit snuggly and i put it about half way down the rockwool cube. now, i didnt have any mediums for the container really so i just used some coir to fill it all up.
as for the water im using just regular tap water right now (its pretty good where i am) mixed with a 600ppm of sensi grow a&b. the container holds about 3.25 L of solution and i started adding about 5-10ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide as of yesterday as some of the roots were a bit brown. honestly i just pour in a bit right out of the bottle, not too much though. is this bad?

and tips would be great im using this as a test so hopefully this weekend i will build a bigger system to put about 10 plants in using this method. thanks!

check the pics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekickin-two-hundo
|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ♪♫♪♫♪♫
Male User Gallery

Loc: afghanistan
Re: homemade DWC, would this work on larger scale? how to get my roots white also (pics) [Re: SuperBudMan]
    #467911 - 08/26/10 02:57 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

if you've got color to your roots the problem is light getting in. you need to put some aluminum foil tape over that top clear part, or you could use another kind of tape, even spray paint, it just needs to be completely light tight so no light can get in and cause algae to grow on the roots.

if i were u, i would stop adding hydrogen peroxide, i'm sure you can overdo it.

--------------------
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

anything and everything i post on here is completely fictional and come straight from the deepest depths of the black hole which is my mind.

OfflineBlackstatis
Stranger

Re: homemade DWC, would this work on larger scale? how to get my roots white also (pics) [Re: kickin-two-hundo]
    #467933 - 08/26/10 03:26 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

5 gal buckets and net pots.  i was talking to my friend about how funny and long you could veg a plant if you used a garbage can.  your roots could get HUGE!

OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: homemade DWC, would this work on larger scale? how to get my roots white also (pics) [Re: Blackstatis]
    #467964 - 08/26/10 04:03 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I saw a hydro tomatoe plant in Mich this summer that was using a 55gal drum as a res, the stem was like a trunk. I would say the size of a 1L pepsi bottle.

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: homemade DWC, would this work on larger scale? how to get my roots white also (pics) [Re: SuperBudMan]
    #468870 - 08/28/10 10:01 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

So many variables on why your roots aren't perfectly white.  Depending on the type of nutrient system your using they can be white to coated with a black/brownish substance.  I add supplements that automatically make them gunky and off white.  But like "kickin" said, light is a problem with hydro.  If it gets to the nutrient rich water it can promote algae growth.  so try and keep as much out as possible.

Honestly your roots don't look horrible, for an out of focus picture.

Are you monitoring your pH levels??

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag