Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJefferson
Space Cowboy
Male

Getting kids high * 2
    #465726 - 08/23/10 01:49 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Hi there.  This is my first post.  First off I'd like to say this is a awesome and informative forum.

I live in Texas which has some pretty strict marijuana laws.  In fact I was talking with a friend recently about how California is trying to legalize marijuana for recreation use.  We were also talking about other states with medical laws and how if the rest of the country legalized it Texas would probably be the last state.  But this has got me thinking about the philosophical reasons for outlawing it in the first place.  I was just thinking that maybe by criminalizing it you're giving it a mystique and by doing that you may be encouraging young people to use.  But unlike other illegal drugs(heroine, cocaine, ect) you can't really hurt yourself or die using it.  Kids aren't dumb they have parents and friends who have smoked it and they know its not harmful or addictive(despite what government funded drug programs say).  So by demonizing it are we causing more problems than we are fixing?
Does criminalizing weed make it more irresistible?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (08/23/10 01:48 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: Getting kids high [Re: Jefferson]
    #465727 - 08/23/10 01:52 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

By making it illegal and giving local dealers the ability to sell it, its easier to buy than beer for underage's. Just make it like cigs and beer where you have to be >18 to buy and everything's sweet

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: Getting kids high [Re: T-Rex]
    #465778 - 08/23/10 08:34 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

A good analogy would be the differences in how american teens use alcohol, choosing to binge more often, compared to most of europe where alcohol is more of social thing among teens.  One could possibly point to the lower drinking ages in europe as a possible reason behind this or at the very least an influencing factor.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (08/23/10 08:34 AM)

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: Getting kids high [Re: THEBats]
    #465978 - 08/23/10 03:17 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

the differences in how american teens use alcohol, choosing to binge more often, compared to most of europe where alcohol is more of social thing among teens

people live to get drunk in UK:rolleyes: its all anyone ever wants to do:megacrankey:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Getting kids high [Re: Shaggy420]
    #466031 - 08/23/10 06:10 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah that's what I thought.

At least that's the stereotype I have implanted in me.  :lol:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: Getting kids high [Re: Inverted]
    #466079 - 08/23/10 07:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

well look at amsterdam and their teen drug use.  apparently it's lower than ours.  A drug dealer doesn't ask for ID and he is more likely to have heroin in addition to the pot you want.  That gateway is a byproduct of the law itself.  as are many of the harms of prohibition.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom