Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepfshroomer
I am seeking the Truth

Loc: MidWest-SouthEast
is it bad if your female kush plant has all its water leaves cut off??
    #463744 - 08/19/10 06:36 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Man..Ok,heres the lowdown..10 years ago a friend of mine went to Cali and brought back either two plants or two seeds..at the time I believe it was seeds(ak-47&Hawaiian Kush)...Anyways,He gets back home..and grows them..Well come to find out after pulling all the males all he has are females of one kind of bud...So Im assuming the male ak47 plant polenated the Kush plant and now its one plant smells like the nastiest skunk you've ever smelled..anywho after years of growing..well the first year after he realized he wasnt going to have two different kind(the ak47 AND the Hawaiian Kush plant) he just started cloning the only females he had..the interbred strain of Hawaiian Kush and AK-47...Man,talk about some of the purplest of leaves and some of the Skunkiest smells Ive ever smelt..Anyways Ive got another little plant of my own growing and it smells so fruity its crazy,and 1 outta 3 was a female...and check this out..its 5 months old...only about a foot tall and only has the big main bud at the top and then four littler flowers(buds)with the little hairs ALL over..
Anyways..Sorry for the long Post..I guess you could say Ive gotta purple or dark blue finger for growing Psilocybe instead of the good green finger I need for the herb :wink: But I am def learning and loving..

--------------------
*Search for the truth..Have fun at festivals..Dont rip people off..Live life..Inner Healing,Knowledge,Wisdom and Power are within..When you are mature this all will come to you,and you are then a man..with position!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineaspore
Cellular Drone
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: is it bad if your female kush plant has all its water leaves cut off?? [Re: pfshroomer]
    #463748 - 08/19/10 06:42 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

5 months old?

Hope it works well for you, i'm doing some AK atm and hope it works out well!

Are you needing some help? if so, perhaps some growing stats would really be appriciated.

peace!

--------------------
"To live the life you only see, in the stores and on TV,
Is to take away the seed, the roots, and stem of all we need."

Offlinepfshroomer
I am seeking the Truth

Re: is it bad if your female kush plant has all its water leaves cut off?? [Re: aspore]
    #463753 - 08/19/10 07:01 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Okay..Man if I only had a damn camera..
My plant looks like one of those Indica plants with just a Bud here and a bud there..But you can see on this plant where its going to try and grow into one huge bud at the top of the plant...But its taking Soooo long to grow..Perhaps I need to water it,I watered it the other day and on one of the limbs,where the bud forms at the top,the big fan or water leaf turned a deep yellowish color..so I got it off,so now my plant has none of its original water or fan leaves...but the soil is fine..but its in a fairly large bucket..

--------------------
*Search for the truth..Have fun at festivals..Dont rip people off..Live life..Inner Healing,Knowledge,Wisdom and Power are within..When you are mature this all will come to you,and you are then a man..with position!!

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: is it bad if your female kush plant has all its water leaves cut off?? [Re: pfshroomer]
    #463901 - 08/19/10 10:26 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Dude pfshroomer what are you saying?  Your writing is hard for me to decipher.  Your plant is some open pollinated cross of AK-47 and Hawaiian Kush?  It is 5 months old and only 1 foot tall?  Maybe post some details about your grow setup and/or pictures and we can give you tips so that you have a higher yielding grow next time?

Offlinepfshroomer
I am seeking the Truth

#464179 - 08/20/10 01:10 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I know dude...I just dont have a camera..and Its about 3 feet..Im sorry for the confusion..I just watered it..Ive got it on a 10hour light cycle..10 on 14hrs off for Fall season so it would start flowering and my goodness it sure has...But there are these little tear drop looking like things that are in between some of the branches and now they are starting to grow white and red hairs..Now are these buds also??
See Ive never grown pot like this..Ive got a blue finger for growing Psilocybe not a green one for pot :wink: Anywho..I mean Ive got it set up and its an actual strain..Ill tell ya what tho..the other little plant I got growing you guys would never believe me if I told ya..Anyways its almost 5-6 months old now..about 1 foot tall and smells like a fruit basket..It was just a little side project,and fuckin a if it didnt work!! haha
Anyways..I guess what Im asking is,does a female pot plant bud and flower,or is the flowering stage considered buds? Thats what I have always thought but then I got down and can see all these little tear drop shaped things opening up with red n white hairs coming out from them,so Im assuming that will form into bud also?

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

#464190 - 08/20/10 01:19 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

pfshroomer said:
I know dude...I just dont have a camera..and Its about 3 feet..Im sorry for the confusion..I just watered it..Ive got it on a 10hour light cycle..10 on 14hrs off for Fall season so it would start flowering and my goodness it sure has...But there are these little tear drop looking like things that are in between some of the branches and now they are starting to grow white and red hairs..Now are these buds also??

You are talking about preflowers.  Those are buds that show up even before the plant starts flowering.  They are what indicate that the plant is a female.  So yeah that is normal yo ucan smoke those after you harvest if you want but they are not super dank.

Because you are growing a cultivated strain, it had likely been selectively bred to flower under a 12/12 light/dark cycle.  I believe what you are doing (10/14)  will flower the plants faster but they will yield less.  I could be wrong about that though.  You should not try to switch to 12/12 though.  You will need to ask someone with more experience. 

Please try to gather your thoughts and post a coherent, easy to understand description and question.  You are more likely to get answered that way and I clearly dont know the answer to some of your qs.

Offlinepfshroomer
I am seeking the Truth

#464386 - 08/20/10 04:54 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I was doing the 12/12 cycle but the guy thats been doing this..the guy that gave me the plant..said thats what he had been doing every since back in 2000 when he first started growing..He's been growing this same fuckin strain for 10 years...Hard to believe huh..I'd wanna switch it up a lil..but its so dank!! I believe it is mostly Indica,with some Sativa.
Is AK-47 an Indica strain or Sativa?
Thanks for the replies
Peace

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

#464764 - 08/21/10 10:51 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Invisibleblissedout
Mehtastic
Male

Re: is it bad if your female kush plant has all its water leaves cut off?? [Re: SmOakland]
    #464815 - 08/21/10 01:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

It's like he's tripping, or something. I can hardly make sense of it. Is he actually looking for answers, or is it a ramble? I DON"T KNOW! It confused the hell out of me, that's for sure.

Offlinepfshroomer
I am seeking the Truth

#464845 - 08/21/10 02:47 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry but I was benzo'd out when I Posted this.
But thanks Smokland...

--------------------

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Re: is it bad if your female kush plant has all its water leaves cut off?? [Re: SmOakland]
    #609509 - 02/15/12 09:19 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
Quote:

pfshroomer said:

You are talking about preflowers.  Those are buds that show up even before the plant starts flowering.  They are what indicate that the plant is a female.  So yeah that is normal yo ucan smoke those after you harvest if you want but they are not super dank.

Because you are growing a cultivated strain, it had likely been selectively bred to flower under a 12/12 light/dark cycle.  I believe what you are doing (10/14)  will flower the plants faster but they will yield less.  I could be wrong about that though.  You should not try to switch to 12/12 though.  You will need to ask someone with more experience. 

Please try to gather your thoughts and post a coherent, easy to understand description and question.  You are more likely to get answered that way and I clearly dont know the answer to some of your qs.

UHHH DUDE TEARDROP LOOKING THINGS?  THAT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE FEMALE PISTILS IT SOUNDS LIKE MALE STAMINATES

Offlinebudnectar
Planetary Citizen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mars
Re: is it bad if your female kush plant has all its water leaves cut off?? [Re: blissedout]
    #609532 - 02/16/12 02:42 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

blissedout said:
It's like he's tripping, or something. I can hardly make sense of it. Is he actually looking for answers, or is it a ramble? I DON"T KNOW! It confused the hell out of me, that's for sure.

:rofl: same here

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: is it bad if your female kush plant has all its water leaves cut off?? [Re: bm90191]
    #609649 - 02/17/12 07:32 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Why'd you bring up a post that's almost 2 years old??

And no, what he's describing sounds exactly a female pre-flower.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinebm90191
New To Growery
 User Gallery

Re: is it bad if your female kush plant has all its water leaves cut off?? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #609659 - 02/17/12 08:55 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I missed the part that said they grow hears this shits really difficult to read, i just saw small tear dropping looking sacks which in my mind the first thing that would pop up would be the

male staminate

or actually a hermi the key word teardrop looks alot like the males nuts and the hairs coming out are the females

and the female pre flower

there honestly is noway to ever know for sure without pictures

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: is it bad if your female kush plant has all its water leaves cut off?? [Re: bm90191]
    #609718 - 02/18/12 02:35 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Again.  This thread was over a year and a half old.  WTF?????    :awedrugs:

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck