Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSp33dfreak
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.A Flag
New user
    #462772 - 08/18/10 08:40 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Hi all!
This is a great site with some very knowledgable folks. I have a question that hopefully I could get some direction on. Going to be starting up a grow in the next month or so(as soon as my mother gets big enough to allow me 12 cuttings),I have all my equipment and lights....now Im just confused as to what line of nutrients to purchase. There are so damn many and some seem really complex to use...lol!
I am a novice first off, and will be going strictly hydro as I have purchased an ebb n gro 12 site unit. I dont think I want to go organic. Maybe someone could enlighten me on a quality, easy to use line of nutes.
All advice and direction is greatly appreciated!
And I cant remember who posted the tek on that homemade cloning machine,but THANK YOU! Ive made one already and its absoloutely wonderfull. I was going to buy an expensive EZ Cloner,and that homemade cloner saved me a bunch of cash that I can use on other things now!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: New user [Re: Sp33dfreak]
    #462885 - 08/18/10 12:08 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Just go down to the hydro store and ask the guy what he uses.  They might know a line that goes well with your water.

Other than that advice I don't have nay for you.  Floranova, General Hydropnics, all Earthjuice (organic) all produce dank.  Those are just the brands of high quality ferts off the top of my head.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: New user [Re: Sp33dfreak]
    #463086 - 08/18/10 06:50 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Flora Nova or Pure Blend Pro (Pure Blend takes a ton to fuck up plants good for newbs)

Both are a one part food and easy to use.  :raveface:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New user [Re: SmOakland]
    #463625 - 08/19/10 03:20 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:
Just go down to the hydro store and ask the guy what he uses.  They might know a line that goes well with your water.

Other than that advice I don't have nay for you.  Floranova, General Hydropnics, all Earthjuice (organic) all produce dank.  Those are just the brands of high quality ferts off the top of my head.

Floranova is made by General Hydroponics.

I'm really digging the 3part over the nova lately and see it as a necessity for certain plants. I overdosed one of my skunk x haze plants giving it Floranova Grow and had to switch to the 3part nutrients for that one.

I'm going to try to see how each stack up for veg/flower. I've in the past noticed incredible results using the Floranova grow in veg over basically any other nutrient.

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Re: New user [Re: maryanne3087]
    #463848 - 08/19/10 09:39 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

maryanne3087 said:
Quote:

SmOakland said:

Floranova is made by General Hydroponics.

I'm really digging the 3part over the nova lately and see it as a necessity for certain plants. I overdosed one of my skunk x haze plants giving it Floranova Grow and had to switch to the 3part nutrients for that one.

I'm going to try to see how each stack up for veg/flower. I've in the past noticed incredible results using the Floranova grow in veg over basically any other nutrient.

My mistake.

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#463871 - 08/19/10 09:53 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:

O

yea i asked my hydro store guy and was like(what nutes should i use for my tomato plants) he replies {is it flowering or in a veg state?} i go (it is starting to flower and i would like to be a nice gardener) he goes {well at home i use this on my plants that produce me quality flowers) long post short he asks if i am a registered voter cos the vote is coming up sooner and sooner. if that wasn't telling me something i had already figured out. too bad for me tho cos i have to drive 1 1/2 hours to get to the closest hydro store. but it was worth it. good luck with your grow. do u have a pick of your mother or an strain.

--------------------
Everyone are you ready for doom,
Because I've blackened the sun,
And I've bloodied the moon.
I bring gloom when I step in the room,
With the fumes of a tomb.
flowers bloom when Im taken away
:rofldrunk:

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Re: New user [Re: lostinbq]
    #463874 - 08/19/10 09:54 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lostinbq said:
Quote:

SmOakland said:

O

yea i asked my hydro store guy and was like(what nutes should i use for my tomato plants) he replies {is it flowering or in a veg state?} i go (it is starting to flower and i would like to be a nice gardener) he goes {well at home i use this on my plants that produce me quality flowers) long post short he asks if i am a registered voter cos the vote is coming up sooner and sooner. if that wasn't telling me something i had already figured out. too bad for me tho cos i have to drive 1 1/2 hours to get to the closest hydro store. but it was worth it. good luck with your grow. do u have a pick of your mother or an strain.

What?  So you left with no nutes?  I dont understand your question.

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#463882 - 08/19/10 10:01 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

lol i picked up the tiger bloom and grow big with the other 1 or i may be confused it was the 3 pack thing from fox farms.. i bought like 3 packs so i did not have to drive back

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

#463885 - 08/19/10 10:04 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lostinbq said:
lol i picked up the tiger bloom and grow big with the other 1 or i may be confused it was the 3 pack thing from fox farms.. i bought like 3 packs so i did not have to drive back

Yeah the Big Bloom.  I don't know what the fuck is in Big Bloom or why I bought it.  I always just dump some random amount in with the Tiger.

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

#463889 - 08/19/10 10:07 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

its not bad for the price. $20 roughly a bottle is better then $60 a bottle when i am paying over $130 to get to school in gas and parking.

--------------------

InvisibleSp33dfreak
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.A Flag
    #464072 - 08/20/10 09:09 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
I went to the grow store and asked whats good...lol,and of course you know what they tell me....well everything here is good and works...lol.
So I just been doing some of my own research and Ive decided to go with the House and Garden line for veg and flowering. Seems like quality products to me,a little complex,with a few different componets,but I have a feeding chart from them thats easy to understand and detailed. I can follow directions fairly well, so we'll see how it goes. I think its a little pricey,but,I didnt compare to anything else. It was $370.00 for a 9 week feeding program with 1 week veg and 8 week flower.
And Im going with this line of nutes for my mother plant,its called MotherPlant A & B,its a 2 part feed and its made by Hydrodynamics International,the same people who make the Ionic line and Clonex.
I dont know,its probablly not a big deal,but the strain Im going to try and work is Sweet Afghani DeliciousS1 from Sweet seed co.
Anyways thanks again for the suggestions and I'll stick around and start a log when things start picking up speed. Ive only just started to germinate the seed this past Monday 8/17,so I know I have quite a bit of time in front of me yet before anything starts to really happen.

Take it easy all.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #464119 - 08/20/10 11:04 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:

This is good advice assuming you have the same water quality year round. I've found that tap water changes seasonally. Best thing you can do is buy a good EC and pH meter and learn to access your water quality. For example the higher your pH relative to EC the higher the Ca content in your water. Distilled water should be 7.0 pH, my tap water currently is 140 PPM and has a pH of 8.8 which leads me to believe I have significant amounts of calcium in my water. If you had a similar PPM and lower pH I'd assume your water had significantly less calcium. I think evaluating your water is far better than asking someone what they use.

I know growers in the same area that swear by certain products and others that say they're a complete waste of money. Then you also have different strains and even different phenotypes of strains that require different nutrient concentrations and even ratios so someone else being successful with whatever nutrients won't necessarily work well with another strain. For example I have 18 plants that are all the same age and more or less the same size and I NEED to mix 3 different batches of nutrients for them, I have super Heavy indicas that are taking 1100 PPM nutes at 8" heaviest on Ca and N, some intermediate ones that take 770-840 PPM nutes heavy on Ca and less N, and a couple skunk x hazes that take 490-550 ppm nutes very low on N and the least Ca.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #464123 - 08/20/10 11:16 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lostinbq said:
Quote:

SmOakland said:

O

Lol you know there's a key on the keyboard so you can frame quotations without using parenthesis and brackets right? They look like this --> "blah blah"

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Re: New user [Re: maryanne3087]
    #464155 - 08/20/10 12:30 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

maryanne3087 said:
Quote:

SmOakland said:

This is good advice assuming you have the same water quality year round.

I think its good advice as long as the hydro guy knows what he is talking about.  But excellent advice thanks.

Offlinelostinbq
!!!STARNGE!!!!

Re: New user [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #464530 - 08/20/10 09:39 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

lostinbq said:
Quote:

SmOakland said:

O

Lol you know there's a key on the keyboard so you can frame quotations without using parenthesis and brackets right? They look like this --> "blah blah"

lol i was hooked on a stoner moment. been sober for 2 weeks.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies