Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Sweet Jesus...I'm considering hydro
    #380768 - 03/09/10 04:58 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Okay, so Magash may have swayed me a bit with his argument regarding the differences between organic and synthetic nutrients in a system, so I'm considering going hydro.
Something I know NOTHING about (which is weird, given how much I know about soil growing).

I'm looking for some assistance in terms of nutrients to use.  I have a bottle of Ionic Grow solution (thanks 206), so I'll probably use their line for a grow, but what are other good options?
Keep in mind my grows have consisted of blood meal, compost, algae, guano, worm castings and bacterial teas, so I have ZERO experience with pre-mixed nutes.
I may even formulate my own nute solution using the components that served me so well in my soil grows.

Thoughts?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sweet Jesus...I'm considering hydro [Re: 81renaissance]
    #380811 - 03/09/10 06:56 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Just cause your going hydro doesn't mean you have to give up organics. There is always the pure blend pro line of nutrients. Most of the pics I have put up the plants were grown with pbp. :omgawesome:

I use it for years before going to flora nova.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sweet Jesus...I'm considering hydro [Re: Magash]
    #380814 - 03/09/10 07:01 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks Magash.
I think a premixed line is going to save me money in the long run; are there any supplemental nutes/teas/etc that you recommend in addition to the PBP basics?

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #380816 - 03/09/10 07:09 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I went from dirt to hydro a few years back.

I love Floranova and other than outdoors I'll never use dirt again.

Hydro is so much easier in my opinion.

I don't know much about brands being I've only used two different kinds.

I don't like the results of BC's recipe for success at all right now, but I'm working with the recipe anyway just for experience.

Here's Magash's recipe, he to uses Floranova.

Quote:

Magash said:
Ok, I don't claim to have the best method by any means but I've been getting a shitload of PM's on what my feed program is.

First off I'm not one of those that believes to keep things on the lighter end of things I believe in pushing the limits with the nutrients and giving them all they can handle. Never under a lb per 1000watt light so the way I think on this issue isn't gonna change anytime soon.
I use to do SOG but now it's larger plants cause that is what I'm doing my breeding work on right now and to drop the number of plants to the limit I'm allowed. So I'm trying to come up with the plant that has the Purple Urkle, Grandaddy, Bubba Kush quality but Chronic, Critical Mass yields. (I'll get it you'll see :wink: )

One month of veg starting at 5 to 5.5 mils FNG per gallon of water with a ph of 5.8 for the first two weeks.

Next two weeks of veg 5.5 to 6 mils FNG per gallon of water with ph at 5.8 to 6.2

Now flowering and I do things a little different here.

4 Mils FNG and 4 mils FNB per gallon of water for the first week (but you won't change the res till after week 3 of budding) with a ph of 5.8

Now one week into flowering I add 8 mils Liquid Kool Bloom per gallon of week 1 nutrient solution and run that for another 2 weeks.

Week 4 and 5 of budding are 8 mils FNB, 4 mils Liquid Kool Bloom, 1.25 or 1/4 tsp Dry Kool Bloom per gallon of water ph at 5.8 to 6.2

Week 6 and 7 get 8 mils FNB, 2.5 mils or 1/2 tsp of Dry Kool Bloom. Extend this a week for strains that take 9 weeks to finish.

Week 8 Gets 5 to 10 mils Flora Kleen per gallon of water for the first 3 days of the week. The last 4 days of the week just plain water.

Now when I say I push the limits I mean it. The plants would burn under floro's or dim lights cause they couldn't use the amount of nutrients but when they do get the right amount of everything they take off like rockets.

Remember this is what I do with the strains I have now. Work your way up to these amounts don't just do it cause some strains can't handle it.

Some of my other experiments. They said this can't be done all plants are in Dixie cups

Some more work

Just kidding I've never smoked or eaten anything illegal ever. Just say no. :crazy2: :greenthumb: 

I've got nothing but great results following that program.:yesnod:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #381312 - 03/10/10 02:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

A Good strong high phos guano during flowering if your looking to keep it organic will be a big help. To tell the truth guano is a big help no matter what kind of growing your doing.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #382034 - 03/11/10 04:23 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Pure Blend Pro is some good shit if you want organic. I don't know much about the rest of Botanicare nutrients other than the Pure Blend Pro is more or less made so that you benefit from the Sweet and Cal-Mag products. As the pure blend pro is lacking in the magnesium department big time.

For synthetic nutrients General Hydroponics is really nice so far I prefer the Flora series over the Flora Nova but they're very similar and I've heard that general hydroponics actually made the Flora Nova tailoring it to a popular application rate of the Micro+Bloom. For the sake of simplicity I don't think you can beat the FloraNova since it's a one part formula. Hell you really don't even need a EC/TDS meter if you use RO or know your tapwater. 8ml of FloraNova = roughly 2.0EC

:pm: if you have any questions :o

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sweet Jesus...I'm considering hydro [Re: captain.koons]
    #382262 - 03/11/10 09:16 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

As the pure blend pro is lacking in the magnesium department big time.

You know I've been hearing that myself for years. I never found a need to add one bit of added magnesium with any strain I grew with PBP and that number is in the hundreds of strains. (not a joke)

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sweet Jesus...I'm considering hydro [Re: Magash]
    #382276 - 03/11/10 09:42 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

You used Pure Blend Pro without any cal/mag or sweet or anything offering magnesium?

In my post I said PureBlendPro alone without cal/mag or sweet is low on Magnesium. (For the record)

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineSmokerX

Re: Sweet Jesus...I'm considering hydro [Re: captain.koons]
    #394090 - 04/01/10 07:26 PM (14 years, 21 days ago)

One major difference between soil and hydro is microbial activity. You should either add microbes like piranha or tarantula to simulate a soil`s micro-fauna symbiosis( i dont see why a few worm turds wouldn`t work here but never tried). Or conversely add agricultural Hydrogen peroxide to kill all micro-fauna, If you kill all micro-fauna, you should make sure a chelate is present for nutrient absorption. Most chemical nutes contain synthetic chelates that don`t allow good trace nutrient absorption. Humic and Fulvic acid are naturally occurring chelates that are waste products of soil microbes, they both can be purchased as additives.

Another good additive is Silica blast, the Silica makes the plant heartier and the leaves thicker and shinier and more stress and leaf dehydration resistant. giving it a carbohydrate additive is good too.

PBP is good science in my opinion, go look at b~cuzz for B.S. science. I think all their products are just overpriced maxicrop from my research.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds