Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Seed help please
    #450568 - 07/23/10 07:44 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Although I've already got a little Sour Diesel plant going it's looking pretty lonely by itself in my tent, also I don't even know if it's a female yet. Well the first step to starting another plant is to get some seeds, for which I'd like a little advise from the people who know the best.

What I need in a strain:
-Flavor other than just that of pot, like fruity or chocolatey
-Not too stinky
-Fast rate of growth
-Feminized

I'm going through my High Times: Seeds and Strains Guide 2010 right now and I like (based up on looks only) the Sour Grapes, and the Strawberry Cough x Chocolate Chunk.

Also I've never ordered seeds by mail / internet, is this sketchy, should I send cash by mail?
Also what seed companies are most reliable?

Any advise is much appreciated as always.

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seed help please [Re: ChillWillis]
    #450737 - 07/24/10 09:06 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I can suggest heavy duty fruity, bubblegum and sweet tooth.  I'm unsure of the feminized, but I'm sure you could find fem'd versions (although I think it's a waste of cash).

As for payments I always used a credit card, most companies have a pretty discrete name so you don't get "1000 POT SEEDS Inc" on your CC statement.  Otherwise I would suggest a money order or some other way payment that you can actually track.  Remember if you send cash and it gets "lost" that's it.  You send a money order and it gets "lost" you can recover the cash.

As for places to buy I can recommend Dr Chronic and The attitude.  Attitude is slightly pricier but they usually have some rocking specials going on and give away some sweet freebies.  Dr Chronic has a great selection, good prices, and is very reliable.  You can't go wrong with either honestly.

You also have places like seed bay and seed boutique.  More of an auction type setting there, but lots of people get great deals and find strains you can't get in the online shops.  Definitely an avenue to explore if you're having trouble finding what you want, or finding the price you want.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Re: Seed help please [Re: coda]
    #450855 - 07/24/10 02:58 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks Coda, I knew I could rely on you!

I'm liking the looks of the Bubblegum and Sweet Tooth the best, the Heavy Duty Fruity says its really stinky and I can't afford a really nice carbon scrubber atm.

Do you recommend DJ Short's Blueberry?

Also if I get like a 10 pack of non-feminized seeds how many do you normally germinate to weed out the males? I'm trying to keep a momma this time.

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Seed help please [Re: ChillWillis]
    #451108 - 07/25/10 09:54 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Yah, the HDF can get a little stinky but it's definitely controllable.  One of my personal fav's, still wish I had that cutting in my collection.

I've never grown DJ's BB, but I have smoked it.  The end product when grown right is fantastic, but from what I read his strains are a bit touchy and have the tendency to herm.  Take that with a grain of salt though, I've seen plenty of grows using DJ's gear that have turned out great.

Quote:

Also if I get like a 10 pack of non-feminized seeds how many do you normally germinate to weed out the males? I'm trying to keep a momma this time.

This really depends on how much space you have in your veg cab.  If you have the room I would pop all 10.  Then you can cull the males and choose the best girls out of the remaining lot to be your moms.  The more you have to choose from the better mom you'll end up with.  If you're running short on room I'd say 5-6 beans.  You'll have a good chance of ending up with 3-4 girls and a decent chance of getting some different pheno's to choose from.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds