Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTomCollins

Re: Should i buy 10 fem seeds or 20 reg seeds???h [Re: SalviaNshrooms9090]
    #415366 - 05/10/10 04:21 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SalviaNshrooms9090 said:
yeah thats what im growing dude..... lol

Oh my bad broski. I'm a little tired right now. :tongue: I just read the title, then just started writing.

Quote:

brifunforme said:
Because you had one bad experience you say they are all a rip off. THAT in itself shows me and everyone else that you probably have too little experience to be arguing what YOU are arguing!

Take a chill pill man, I'm not trying to get personal with you. There are quite a number of other growers on here that also have the same stance as me (this includes some of the "trusted cultivators") that, in general, commercially sold feminized seeds are simply not worth the money due to instability. Certainly the private cultivator can produce his own seeds, and they are probably better than what you can get on the market. What I'm saying is buying them is a waste of money, because you can achieve the same if not better results with regular seeds. This is fact. Please explain why you disagree with this?

--Edit--

Also, I made the assumption that you lack growing experience based on the posts you've made in the cult forums. I'm not trying to put you down, but I mean if you're arguing something you don't really fully understand then you shouldn't really be arguing what you are arguing right now because it is actually very complex.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Edited by TomCollins (05/10/10 04:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
Re: Should i buy 10 fem seeds or 20 reg seeds???h [Re: TomCollins]
    #415371 - 05/10/10 04:28 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Spency said:
Quote:

SalviaNshrooms9090 said:

Oh my bad broski. I'm a little tired right now. :tongue: I just read the title, then just started writing.

Quote:

brifunforme said:
Because you had one bad experience you say they are all a rip off. THAT in itself shows me and everyone else that you probably have too little experience to be arguing what YOU are arguing!

Take a chill pill man, I'm not trying to get personal with you. There are quite a number of other growers on here that also have the same stance as me (this includes some of the "trusted cultivators") that, in general, commercially sold feminized seeds are simply not worth the money due to instability. Certainly the private cultivator can produce his own seeds, and they are probably better than what you can get on the market. What I'm saying is buying them is a waste of money, because you can achieve the same if not better results with regular seeds. This is fact. Please explain why you disagree with this?

Thats not what you said tho. You said they were a rip off and would get bad results with them. That is simply NOT TRUE in every case. It depends on the breeder that you get the seeds from. And feminized seeds are not much more then regular seeds in most cases.

As for it not being worth it, that also depends on the persons circumstances. If they are growing legally and need to keep their plant numbers down but need medicine like right now. It would be a good idea to get feminized seeds to be able to grow the number of allowed plants without having to deal with males.

It would also be good for people with limited space etc etc... It depends on the situation. But to say that all feminized seeds are rip offs and worthless...Is WRONG, simple as that.

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
    #415373 - 05/10/10 04:31 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Spency said:
Quote:

SalviaNshrooms9090 said:

Quote:

brifunforme said:

--Edit--

Also, I made the assumption that you lack growing experience based on the posts you've made in the cult forums. I'm not trying to put you down, but I mean if you're arguing something you don't really fully understand then you shouldn't really be arguing what you are arguing right now because it is actually very complex.

What I've posted in the cult forums doesn't suggest I know nothing about growing. If you read between the lines, or actually just read my posts you will see that I dont ask cultivation questions. I ask questions regarding indoor set ups, hydroponic nutrients, etc etc... I did ask one question about PH tho. Again, not something that I worried about too much when mother nature was balancing that for me.

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
Re: Should i buy 10 fem seeds or 20 reg seeds???h [Re: brifunforme]
    #415381 - 05/10/10 04:37 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Im not saying Im some professional grower. But I have more experience and more knowledge on the plant then you may think. Just because my questions are regarding information on nutrients,lights,hydroponic setups etc etc...

Does not mean I dont have enough knowledge to argue what I am arguing. If anyone doesn't have enough knowledge to argue what they are arguing it is you good sir.

OfflineTomCollins

#415386 - 05/10/10 04:42 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

brifunforme said:
Thats not what you said tho. You said they were a rip off and would get bad results with them.

Would you mind quoting where I said that? Because I don't believe I did say that.

Quote:

brifunforme said: It would be a good idea to get feminized seeds to be able to grow the number of allowed plants without having to deal with males.

You are right. However, feminized seeds can produce male plants and female plants that were grown from feminized seeds have a tendency to hermie easier than females grown from regular seeds, according to that study I posted on that previous page. Based on personal experience and what other members on this site have said, I am inclined to agree.

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

InvisibleSalviaNshrooms9090
Buddhist Monk
Male

Loc: Peru
    #415391 - 05/10/10 04:44 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

jesus your both right! LOL Not all female seeds will become females Say you took 100 female seeds and 100 reg seeds your probably going to a higher % of females from the female seeds however, everybody with experience knows that you are still going to get males or hemies so its really pointless to buy females seeds for that matter however if you have limited funds like me LOL then female seeds can be a way of saving time energy resources and space.... hell u rather smoke a hermie than a male right? just seperate them from the females. ALSO think of it this way you can have 8 females from 10 reg seeds unlikly but possible....

but wtf do i know im drunk so just excuse me lol

OfflineTomCollins

#415398 - 05/10/10 04:50 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SalviaNshrooms9090 said:
if you have limited funds like me LOL then female seeds can be a way of saving time energy resources and space....

Well since female seeds are more expensive than regular seeds (excluding feminized auto-flowers) this statement would not make much sense.

However, I do agree that auto-flowers are great for people with limited funds and resources.

I thought we were talking about real grows though. :wink:

--------------------
andyistic said:

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
    #415413 - 05/10/10 04:57 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Spency said:
Quote:

SalviaNshrooms9090 said:
if you have limited funds like me LOL then female seeds can be a way of saving time energy resources and space....

Well since female seeds are more expensive than regular seeds (excluding feminized auto-flowers) this statement would not make much sense.

However, I do agree that auto-flowers are great for people with limited funds and resources.

I thought we were talking about real grows though. :wink:

Whats not real about an autoflowering plant grow? You still use nutrients,PH,lights,soil,hydro, etc etc.. And the end result is as real as any other grow!

OfflineTomCollins

#415421 - 05/10/10 05:00 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

brifunforme said:
Whats not real about an autoflowering plant grow? You still use nutrients,PH,lights,soil,hydro, etc etc.. And the end result is as real as any other grow!

You can't get as big.

--------------------
andyistic said:

Buddhist Monk
Male

#415422 - 05/10/10 05:01 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

yeah but these autoflowers are the beasts of the autoflowering world they easily surpass every other auto outthere for sure what other auto yeild 2 ounces to 5 ounces OUTDOORS? in <3 months? sure it takes a bit longer than ak47 and everything else but the great thing is the onyx was bred with ak47 white russian diesal lowryder and many more....

OfflineTomCollins

#415427 - 05/10/10 05:04 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SalviaNshrooms9090 said:
yeah but these autoflowers are the beasts of the autoflowering world they easily surpass every other auto outthere.

Boom. Auto-flower is it's own tier. I'm not saying you don't get real bud out them. Brif just doesn't seem to know the advantages of being in control of when your plant flowers.

--------------------
andyistic said:

Buddhist Monk
Male

#415430 - 05/10/10 05:12 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

yeah i feel ya you can get much bigger plants from reg but autoflowers have their place too especially for the gurrilla grower. after all those bloody rippers go out when in harvest season? but if i harvest before everyone else thats just one less thing to worry about really.

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
    #415434 - 05/10/10 05:22 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Spency said:
Quote:

SalviaNshrooms9090 said:
yeah but these autoflowers are the beasts of the autoflowering world they easily surpass every other auto outthere.

Boom. Auto-flower is it's own tier. I'm not saying you don't get real bud out them. Brif just doesn't seem to know the advantages of being in control of when your plant flowers.

Yeah I do. I also know that autoflowers are stealthy,and you can have several harvests in one season. You can also harvest at times LEO doesnt even fly in choppers looking for them. Growing an auto strain is just as "real" as any other strain! You like to try and twists peoples words into what they aren't.

Im gonna ask you a question and would seriously like an honest answer. Im not being a jerk or trying to argue at all in anything we have discussed. But I am going to go out on a limb here and say that you have some type of psychology background dont you? You've either had classes, have a parent that has a degree or something. Don't you?! Be honest!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #415601 - 05/10/10 09:16 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, here we go. Now if feminized seed is done right (and there is a lot of work to this) the rates of hermis to normal plants can be brought to within a half a percent of regular seeds. I have done the tests myself not hundreds of times but thousands. (that's not a joke)

The vast majority of feminized seeds sold do just fine we don't hear from all the people that get the results they want but from those that don't cause they whine about it. Then again a lot is gonna depend on who you get the seeds from.

Take Soma. He's an all organic grower that has great strains and he does feminized seeds. Problem is the process is anything but organic so he has a ton of complaints with the method he uses. Then there are companies like Dutch Passion that just mass market their fems with no quality checking.

Then there are some companies like Female Seeds. They do the work needed to bring the numbers down. Yes some strains are more prone to hermies when in feminized seed form but a company that has done there work should be able to tell you the percentage of plants that this will happen to.

Myself the only time I use male pollen is when making new strains. Once I have the strain down to make the seeds I use only the female pollen. I have found that the plants are much more uniform when done this way and is much easier to give the customer exactly what they are looking for with less chance of there being different phenos. :wink:

There is much more to this that I just don't have in me to get into right now. :getstoned:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
Re: Should i buy 10 fem seeds or 20 reg seeds???h [Re: Magash]
    #415754 - 05/11/10 07:03 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I appreciate a trusted cultivator chiming in on it! Thanks magash, I knew I wasn't losing my mind!

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Should i buy 10 fem seeds or 20 reg seeds???h [Re: Magash]
    #415780 - 05/11/10 09:56 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

brifunforme said:
I appreciate a trusted cultivator chiming in on it! Thanks magash, I knew I wasn't losing my mind!

Nobody said you were. It's just that the commercial price of feminized seeds is simply unjustified because it is simply not a guarantee that you will end up with a female and there is no guarantee you will end up with a hermie. I am only talking about commercially sold seeds and I'm speaking in general. In general, commercially sold feminized seeds have hermie tendencies.

I'm not saying you shouldn't buy them if you really want them. I'm just saying there really isn't much justification for the price difference and you could in fact just as easily have the same results with regular commercial seeds.

Saying you can make feminized seeds with no chance of hermies is simply not true.

Quote:

Magash said:
...there are companies like Dutch Passion that just mass market their fems with no quality checking.

Yes some strains are more prone to hermies when in feminized seed form but a company that has done there work should be able to tell you the percentage of plants that this will happen to.

Even Magasg is saying the same thing. In general, commercial feminized seeds aren't great quality. However, even companies that do the work to get the numbers down, cannot guarantee you all females and no chance of hermies.

I don't understand what you're trying to even argue anymore.

Edited by TomCollins (05/11/10 10:01 AM)

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
    #415795 - 05/11/10 10:32 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I was arguing the fact that it is dependent on the company selling the seeds as to whether or not it is worth it to buy seeds. And if I buy a pack of female seeds white widow, and a pack of nirvana white widow, I am probably going to get more females from the female seeds.

And you keep saying that feminized seeds are soooooooo much more then the other commercial strains. Thats not so true any more. More later but I have to go take care of some things and get the house in order.

OfflineTomCollins

#415818 - 05/11/10 12:31 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

brifunforme said:
And if I buy a pack of female seeds white widow, and a pack of nirvana white widow, I am probably going to get more females from the female seeds.

Yes, that is a posbility. Guess what else is a possibility? :tongue:

Quote:

brifunforme said:And you keep saying that feminized seeds are soooooooo much more then the other commercial strains. Thats not so true any more.

Link?

--------------------
andyistic said:

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
    #415822 - 05/11/10 12:48 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

attitude seeds, drchronic, seedboutique.

OfflineTomCollins

#415883 - 05/11/10 03:17 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

brifunforme said:
attitude seeds, drchronic, seedboutique.

Thanks for the helpful links. I can see you are a good and helpful person, and will be an excellent addition to this community.

Now for the record, I did not say that feminized seeds will give you bad results like you claim I did. I did not say that they are "soooooooooooooooooooooooo much more expensive." That is not at all what I said. Please do not put words in my mouth.

Here are 3 strains from drchronic. Their regular and feminized seeds.

Quote:

BARNEYS FARM FEMINISED X 10 G13 HAZE £78.00
BARNEYS G 13 HAZE REGULAR X 10 £51.00

http://www.drchronic.com/products.asp?partno=BARN18
http://www.drchronic.com/products.asp?partno=barn%20G%2013%20Haze%20x%205%20%20fem
Quote:

BIG BUDDAH SEEDS FEMINISED X 10 CHEESE £50.00
BIG BUBBAH SEEDS REGULAR X 10 CHEESE £28.99

http://www.drchronic.com/products.asp?partno=cheese
http://www.drchronic.com/products.asp?partno=Big%20Buddha%20Cheese%20fems%20x%2010
Quote:

SENSI SEEDS FEMINISED X 10 BIG BUD £99.00
SENSI SEEDS REGULAR X 10 BIG BUD £83.01

http://www.drchronic.com/products.asp?partno=ss-big~bud
http://www.drchronic.com/products.asp?partno=SEN-FEM%20BIG%20BUD

Now here's my question: Knowing full well that you can end up with males when you grow from feminized seeds, in addition to knowing full well that female plants grown from feminized seeds are known to, in general, herm easier than plants from regular seeds, why would you spend the extra buck? Is there any reason?

Edited by TomCollins (05/11/10 03:56 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom