Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Spicy White Devil and Wappa
    #435397 - 06/20/10 09:43 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I'm a friend of RasJeph on these forums, and since he doesn't want to be growing for a while, he gave me 2 of his seeds to try out. Hes gonna be helping me, but asked me to make this log since there aren't any logs online for the Spicy White Devil. This'll be my first grow. 150w of CFL for veg and clones in the future, 150w of HPS for flower. Not optimum, but hey, I'm just starting.

Anyway, the seeds were germinated with the paper towel method and both popped within 24 hours. I just put the baggies on my laptop and I guess it gave it enough heat to make them go real quick.

They were put in some party cups with FF Ocean Forest and some coir (coir because I'm running out of the OF) yesterday. This morning, both were up and looking good! :thumbup:

Heres a picture for the sake of posting a picture. Nothing spectacular yet, of course, but whatever.

For anyone wondering, Spicy White Devil is a cross between Jack Herer and Blueberry from SamSara Seeds. Wappa is quoted as a 100% Indica from Paradise seeds (I dunno how reliable that is, just got the info HERE)

I'll try to do weekly or so updates. I'm going to veg them for ~30 days and then flower. The Wappa is a lot quicker finisher than the SWD, so there'll be 2 separate harvests.

:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: Spicy White Devil and Wappa [Re: A To The K]
    #435425 - 06/20/10 12:04 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Very nice.  RasJeff is cool.  You should probably go buy more soil and maybe some perlite for the transplant.  I would not recommend FFOF with coir b/c that will not drain ideally but you will be fine with it.  Just try not to overwater (#1 beginner mistake).  30 days should be adequate.  You could just flower as soon as they show sex.  Some insparation for you :

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=20729
:happyweed:

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: Spicy White Devil and Wappa [Re: SmOakland]
    #435440 - 06/20/10 12:28 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

You should go buy a cheap bag of perlite and mix that in. 4 cubic feet is like less than $20.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #435498 - 06/20/10 06:58 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like you basically have it figured out so far.  Adding coir to OF is fine.  In fact I find that my FFOF drains too well, and adding some coir should help with moisture retention.  Just make damn sure that you don't overwater them.  That is one of new growers biggest and most common mistakes.  Everyone wants to take "perfect" care of their first plants and figure that they need to be moist all the time, so they tend to water every day or every other.  With seedlings, they do not have an established root system, so it will take them a lot longer to use up the moisture, and if you don't let them dry out nearly completely between each watering, they will not search out water and expand the root system, not to mention you run the risk of getting root rot from having them soaking too often with not enough oxygen getting to the roots.

Cannabis prefers a drought-feed cycle.  You should not give the seedlings water until the cups feel nearly weightless when you pick them up.  I don't water mine until they are on the verge of wilting.  You can feel the leaf stems begin to soften when they are really thirsty.  For me, once I can tell the soil is nearly bone dry, I give them another day w/out water and then feed them.  They tend to have very large growth bursts if you use this method.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineBCBudMaster
Bud Smoka

Re: Spicy White Devil and Wappa [Re: Inverted]
    #435559 - 06/21/10 02:40 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Right on, Thats some quality information right there^:thumbup:
Ive used this method with great success.. :borat:

--------------------
C-4:sunny::bongload:

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: Spicy White Devil and Wappa [Re: SmOakland]
    #435568 - 06/21/10 06:05 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SmOakland said:You could just flower as soon as they show sex.

Fortunately I gave him feminized seeds :cool::thumbup:

And yeah, I'll be helping him water and feed them, etc. Soooo, with my limited knowledge in combination with you guys, he should do just fine haha.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

#440330 - 07/01/10 06:25 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Just another little update...I figured since both plants were getting their first set of true-leafs I'd post. I'm on a very strict time schedule which only lets me veg these for another 2 and a half weeks...I hope that'll be enough to get them to a substantial size. I'm not sure why these are growing so slowly. Hmmm.

Anyway, heres a lame picture. I promise when these are doing something besides just growing leafs there will be higher quality pictures. But, for now, this'll have to do.

I'll update again when I'm ready to switch them over to 12/12. And, again when they start to show sex (even though they're femmed seeds, I'll still take a picture) and then prolly every week or so while they are budding, because we all know thats what we're here to see.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder