Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
49% of California voters favor Marijuana legalization.
    #426958 - 06/01/10 04:42 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

June 1, 2010 | 11:25 am

A recent LA Times/USC poll says that nearly half of California voters would favor the legalization of marijuana, and about 41% would oppose it. More specifically, men favor the legalization, but married women aren't so sure.

More than 150 comments have been submitted to the story "California Voters Back Pot Legalization, but Support Is Shaky." Here are some examples of those comments:

willieworks said: What is with these people. Nobody is going to jail for smoking a joint. Get over it. It doesn't ruin the life of anyone whose life wouldn't be ruined anyway even without the pot. The clock is ticking. If you notice, the younger the demographic, the less judgmental the group in regards to this issue. At a certain point all of the people who bought into the anti cannibus propaganda of the last century are going to be dead and this prohibition will end

smsteward doesn't trust the poll: I would wager that a majority of these stoned potheads aren't registered voters.

Warren brought numbers into play: According to the Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice (CJCJ), the arrest rate for all offenses in California sank by 40% from 1990 to 2008, with arrests for rape and murder falling by more than 60% each. Drug possession arrests for everything but marijuana collectively fell by nearly 30% in the same period. Meanwhile, arrests for marijuana possession have skyrocketed -- up 127%. This rise in marijuana arrests is the ultimate outlier.

nolies has an alternative to the herb: I have a better idea. Instead of turning to drugs, and that included alcohol, why don't a try a healthy clean way to relax.  Meditation, a nice soak in the hot tub, play with my cat, cuddle with my spouse? Gee, and I do not have to stink up my home or my person with that rag weed.

K. Krimmer said: Each year, a staggering 440,000 people die in the US from tobacco use -- American Cancer Society -- www.cancer.org/ ; ------  WTH is with Tobacco is OK but Pot is not?  ------  How many people die each year from Drunk Drivers?  ------  Drinking is OK but Pot is not?  ------  WTH is wrong with people? .......Read more

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/comments_blog/2010/06/marijuana-legalization-poll-pot.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: 49% of California voters favor Marijuana legalization. [Re: Triptonic]
    #426980 - 06/01/10 06:07 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

LA times readers and USC students don't represent the population, this poll is flawed.
It will be just like black voters turning out for Obama..... although I don't know just how many stoners will show up for a mid term election year.
I've been told these elections are usually where people show up to vote against things.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: 49% of California voters favor Marijuana legalization. [Re: Steve Buscemi]
    #427020 - 06/01/10 06:57 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

But this is weed man.  People in cali love their weed.  I really hope it passes.  What a monumental change that would be.  Its hard for me to even imagine a post legal world with cannabis.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: 49% of California voters favor Marijuana legalization. [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #427047 - 06/01/10 08:06 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Me too, dont get me wrong I was implying that the poll was too low in favor of marijuana.
Even if it don't happen anyone who wants to get high can and is in Cali. I hope it will happen so we can all stop hiding behind this MMJ BULLSHIT. Example my rec expires and I have to pay money, go to another county they might think your rec is fake, go to a dispensary and you get there and they dont even bother calling your doc and others that will literally watch you get in your car to make sure you're not sharing bud or smoking in public.
These dispensary dicks drive me nuts, at least when i was buying with a dealer I could disagree with them or even tell them to fuck off and still get pot.
JUST GIVE ME MY FUCKING WEED YOU ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #427083 - 06/01/10 08:49 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

whoa, what did those dispensaries do to you man?  what's the story there?

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: 49% of California voters favor Marijuana legalization. [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #427124 - 06/01/10 09:31 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

They are just dickish every time you go. all the stupid rules just piss me off.
My last pot dealer sold weed out of a garage and I had no complaints... so all this fake pharmacy stuff really chaps my balls.
$60 for an 1/8 for legal marijuana REALLY pisses me off the most, especially with the whole donation garbage they spout at you. Too many dicks and rules in the way of me getting my little bag of kush.
seed + ground + water + sun = $1,000,000 WTF

Edited by Steve Buscemi (06/01/10 09:33 PM)

OfflineTomCollins

#427398 - 06/02/10 06:10 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah I really really hope it passes too. 49% That's just fucking painful to look at. 1-2% more.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom