Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

the tool thread
    #426204 - 05/30/10 09:36 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I decided it was time there be a general Tool thread started in here. Tool is in the running for being the greatest rock band ever IMO. As far as live performances go they probably already are the best live band ever. I think currently amongst any band that is still actively together and making new music Tool is the best band. I know not everyone would agree with that, but I think I could back that claim up with facts for any naysayers.

Anyway post some of your favorite Tool performances here. Share your love of the awe inspiring thought provoking psychedelic juggernauts that are Tool and what it is about them that you love!

Pushit (live 1995)

Lateralus (live 2001) amazing performance at the end the band group hugs on the stage to a standing ovation from the crowd

Is Tool the greatest band ever?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (05/30/10 09:36 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVZBTAYm3rw

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: the tool thread [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #426210 - 05/30/10 09:40 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

ever no.  currently?  very possibly.  idk for me picking one is hard but without a doubt there is a lack in live performance nowadays, which imo is a true test of musicianship.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: the tool thread [Re: THEBats]
    #426218 - 05/30/10 09:44 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

THEBats said:
ever no.  currently?  very possibly.  idk for me picking one is hard but without a doubt there is a lack in live performance nowadays, which imo is a true test of musicianship.

Who do you think the greatest band ever is? I think Tool is the best band currently and might end up as being the greatest ever. Although they wait 5 years between albums they are still making new shit and so if they can put out another album on par with Aenemia or Lateralus it might catapult them to that level.

Honestly though trying to sit and pick one band of the greatest of all times is so difficult. IMO it'd probably have to be either The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd or Tool. Most people would probably say The Beatles.

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

Re: the tool thread [Re: PsilocybinMike]
    #426447 - 05/31/10 12:39 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

idk very difficult to say, my vote does most likely go to floyd though cause their tunes are great and their live performance is pretty much unmatched to this day.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflinePsilocybinMike
T.F.Y.Q.A
Male User Gallery

Re: the tool thread [Re: THEBats]
    #427307 - 06/02/10 12:58 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yea Floyd is definitely in the running for the greatest of all times. I wish I could have seen their DSOTM and The Wall tours in their prime. Maybe if heaven is real the ability to time travel will be made possible and me and my closests loved ones on the other side can travel back to the 70s and see that shit. Eat some potent tabs. Smoke some thai stick. Maybe some synthetic Mescaline. What a dream that would be..

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1