Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGnarlyGoods
Stranger

So hows she lookin?
    #420219 - 05/18/10 10:51 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

My first grow. im growing this girl outside. i didnt really keep track of the weeks but i think its like week 4 into flowering, maybe 5? it looks like shes trying to veg again but i cant really tell. shes really getting a lot more leaves and not as many buds are producing, but this is my first grow so who knows. but anyways, what do you guys think of the first grow?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: So hows she lookin? [Re: GnarlyGoods]
    #420252 - 05/19/10 01:48 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Could we get some more info on your grow?

Looks like you've topped it? I did that with my first grow as well.

--------------------

OfflineGnarlyGoods
Stranger

Re: So hows she lookin? [Re: T-Rex]
    #420256 - 05/19/10 02:15 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

got this clone from a buddy about 5 or 6 weeks back. it started to bud when it had recovered from the shock of moving it oudoors. foxfarms ocean forest blend as soil and im using Alaskan fish emulsion products. started to use their product morebloom (0-10-10) about 3 1/2 weeks ago and feeding it every two weeks. supposedly bubba kush

OfflineGnarlyGoods
Stranger

#420257 - 05/19/10 02:16 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

oh and  have not topped her yet. so far no cuttings sense i got her. do you guys think i need to do some trimmin?

OfflineTomCollins

#420898 - 05/20/10 05:47 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

That's one funky lookin plant. The pistils are huge! :awedrugs:

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
Re: So hows she lookin? [Re: TomCollins]
    #420904 - 05/20/10 06:28 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

That plant is most definitely re vegging.  How many hours of light was it and is it getting? Is there an outdoor light somewhere that is hitting it during its dark cycle? You Dont want it near any street lights,parking lot lights, security lights, etc etc..

OfflineTomCollins

Re: So hows she lookin? [Re: brifunforme]
    #420962 - 05/20/10 08:58 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

brifunforme said:
That plant is most definitely re vegging.

How can you tell?

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
    #420984 - 05/20/10 10:12 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Spency said:
Quote:

brifunforme said:
That plant is most definitely re vegging.

How can you tell?

Pretty easily. You look at the bud structure and the leaves. The buds were thicker on the bottom and are completely thinning out on the top. There are single blade leaves coming out of the top. It is showing every sign of revegging.

OfflineTomCollins

#420991 - 05/20/10 10:27 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

brifunforme said:
The buds were thicker on the bottom and are completely thinning out on the top. There are single blade leaves coming out of the top. It is showing every sign of revegging.

So thicker buds on the bottom and single blade leaves on the top are tell tale signs of a plant that has recently switched from flowering to vegetative growth?

--------------------
andyistic said:

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
    #420993 - 05/20/10 10:30 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, when the bud structure starts to look the way that picture does. It doesn't ALWAYS mean that, but looking at the pictures he POSTED, the plant is revegging. Simple as that. I've stated my opinion and Im not gonna stay in here and argue with you again and destroy the OP's thread. Good day.

OfflineTomCollins

#420994 - 05/20/10 10:35 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

brifunforme said:
Yes, when the bud structure starts to look the way that picture does. It doesn't ALWAYS mean that, but looking at the pictures he POSTED, the plant is revegging. Simple as that. I've stated my opinion and Im not gonna stay in here and argue with you again and destroy the OP's thread. Good day.

:lmafo:

--------------------
andyistic said:

OfflineGnarlyGoods
Stranger

#421049 - 05/20/10 12:56 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

uhhh its gettin sunlight from 7 until about 7:30 or 8. there is however a street light next to my place so ill move her out of its path. damn so am i screwed on getting good bud? you guys think its gonna hermi?

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
    #421079 - 05/20/10 02:45 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

It could, it might not. It just depends on the stability of the strain etc etc. But the best thing you can do is get it as far away from that street light as possible. That light is gonna cause it some serious problems. Get it as far away from any artificial light that you can.
Thats why your plant is trying to reveg, it has that street light hitting it during its night cycle.

If you can see the street light from where your plant is, then the light is probably reaching the plant too.

OfflineTomCollins

#421096 - 05/20/10 03:35 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

GnarlyGoods said:
uhhh its gettin sunlight from 7 until about 7:30 or 8. there is however a street light next to my place so ill move her out of its path. damn so am i screwed on getting good bud? you guys think its gonna hermi?

Hold on man. Bare in mind the fact your plant has potentially switched from flowering to vegetative growth very recently.

That said, it would be completely idiotic to try and reinitiate flowering. Fucking with the light cycles that much will give you hermies. Guarenteed.

Do not listen to what Bri is telling you. His intentions are good, but if this shit just switched to vegging it's not a good idea to try and force it to flower again so soon. If your plant is indeed revegging, then I'm afraid your going to need to do this slowly.

My best advice for you is to leave your plant where it is. Now, since it has been about 4-5 weeks, you should not be seeing any stretching that commonly occurs during the first few weeks of flowering. That being said, if you notice vigorous vegetative growth (ie. leaves poppin up, growing in height, etc.) then yes, it is revegging.

If this is the case, I would let your plant sit and veg for a few weeks and then switch back to flowering.

However, your situation is a bit complicated. So I strongly advise reading about revegging and all that stuff. I can't tell you more because I've never dealt with anything close to this.

--------------------
andyistic said:

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
    #421107 - 05/20/10 04:21 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

And I have dealt with something similar, and the best thing to do is get it out of the street lamps reach. Just like if your growing indoors and you have a light leak you would want to CORRECT the LIGHT LEAK. This is the same situation, only outdoors. Take the plant away from the street lamps light, simple as that.
So spency has basically just said that if you're growing indoors and have a light leak in your grow area you should just leave the light leak.
If you want to flower this plant, the best way is to get it away from the artificial light from the street lamp. Listen to whom you wish, but do a little research and you will see who you should listen to. It would be idiotic to leave it near the street lamp.

OfflineTomCollins

#421110 - 05/20/10 04:26 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

brifunforme said:
So spency has basically just said that if you're growing indoors and have a light leak in your grow area you should just leave the light leak.

Excuse this member, he has a tendency to put things in peoples mouths.

What I said was, if your plant has begun to reveg, it is probably not very wise to reinitiate flowering so soon i.e. moving it to a location where it can only get 12/12, which would reinitiate flowering.

--------------------
andyistic said:

Invisiblebrifunforme
Card Holder. Not really
    #421134 - 05/20/10 05:07 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Spency said:
Quote:

brifunforme said:

Excuse this member, he has a tendency to put things in peoples mouths.

What I said was, if your plant has begun to reveg, it is probably not very wise to reinitiate flowering so soon i.e. moving it to a location where it can only get 12/12, which would reinitiate flowering.

Instead, the obvious better idea is to leave it in the conditions it is in now which have caused it to flower and then reveg. Yeah, that won't stress it at all. Leaving it in this stressful of an environment would be idiotic.

OfflineTomCollins

#421138 - 05/20/10 05:28 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

brifunforme said:
Instead, the obvious better idea is to leave it in the conditions it is in now which have caused it to flower and then reveg. Yeah, that won't stress it at all. Leaving it in this stressful of an environment would be idiotic.

Take a chill pill man, I'm not trying to win a fight with you.

Evidently, if it began to flower for a few weeks, then went back to vegging, and has been for a little while, then something has changed in the environment and the change seems to be stable. He should assess this.

Perhaps keeping it in the same place is a bad idea. Maybe it's not. :shrug: Neither you nor I know. It depends on what the conditions are exactly and if they are now stable.

It's a complex situation and has to be well thought out. However, he really should not try and force flowering again so soon.

You have said all you can say about the subject and so have I. Both points have been made and both are valid. There is no more reason to discuss this.

--------------------
andyistic said:

OfflineGnarlyGoods
Stranger

#421185 - 05/20/10 06:42 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

alright thanks for all the helpful info guys, illl be sure to do a little more researching

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
    #425828 - 05/29/10 10:24 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Why arent you using any nitrogen?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies