Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Preppin' for 4-20: The DIY Stealthy Port-a-Bong (Photo Tutorial) * 1
    #404000 - 04/20/10 12:47 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The Port-A-Bong

Stealthy, Semi-Affordable, Semi-Portable, Seal-able and Nearly all Glass.

Well, I'm getting ready for 4-20 too-mar-oh :happyweed:, so I made this Port-A-Bong. I take my bong on the road, so to speak, and I enjoy having a portable, semi-affordable one that I don't have to worry about messing up. So if your a "stoner on the go" like myself, I made this photo tutorial on how to make a nearly 100% portable glass bong for under $40.

Its pretty detailed, so prepare yourself...

All supplies:

^Total Cost: $35.

^From left to right: Pack of Krazy flexible straws. // 2 large Starbucks glass bottles (any flavor you want) // 5-7" (no longer than 7 inches long) glass diffuser stem for sliders, with felt carrying bag // Slider glass bowl, small. with bubble wrap // 1 quart plastic baggie.

*Notes: I used a slider bowl and diffuser because its a little smaller than glass-on-glass, which is better for the small glass bottle cap. A glass-on-glass stem maybe too wide, but I have not tried it personally. Also, the slider bowl is smaller and more compact than a glass-on-glass.
All Tools:

Not totaled (because its expensive if you have to buy tools just for makin' Port-a-Bongs). But drill bits were about $5 total.

^From left-to-right: Cordless Drill // 3/4" paddle drill bit (its the cheap kind) // 1/4" drill bit // 1 ft. ruler // felt marker.

>>> How Its Made <<<

Step #1: Pound one of the bottles. Don't waste it, its tasty coffee. :crazy2:

Step #2: Take bottle cap and clean it with a paper towel and hot water, then dry.

Step #3: Take ruler and measure the distance between the edge of the cap and the inner-edge of the rubber gasket (the white ring). Its about 3/8".

Step #4: Flip cap over. Measure and mark 3/8" from the edge of cap. Like so....

Step #5:
From that mark, measure slightly more than 3/8". Thats half the size of the 3/4" bit. Make a + mark for the drill point. 

Step #6: Screw cap back on empty bottle. Put 3/4" drill bit in electric drill. Drill at the marked point with *slight* pressure, so it grinds down on the metal, instead of punching thru it. Keywords slowly and gradually. Be patient. Clean edges after exiting. Also, put something under bottle to catch metal shavings (I used a box).

Step #7: Using the new hole as a reference, measure from the outside of the cap again to 3/8" and mark there. From that mark, measure a little more than 1/8" (half of 1/4" bit).

Step #8: Screw cap back onto the bottle. Put 1/4" drill bit on drill. *Slowly* drill on marked point with *slight* pressure. Grind on it. Clean up edges with bit on slow speed.

Step #9: Wash out metal shavings from bottle with some soap and water. Give it a good rinse. Dry inside neck with paper towel.

Step #10: Grab a flexible straw and a pair of sharp scissors, and cut about 1 inch down from the flexible elbow, at an 45 degree angle, so its like a sharp point. Looks like this. 

Step #11: Assemble time. Put short end of straw into small hole up to the elbow ridges. Next, slide the rubber sleeve on the glass diffuser all the way to the top of the flared neck, and carefully lower into the large hole.

Now, put your slider bowl into And here it is. All Completed and assembled.

Here's with water. Fill up to about where the neck starts, or 2/3 up the bottle. Gotta leave some room for a small chamber.

Testing:
Here's the diffuser in action! Just inhale from the straw, and the bubbles start rollin'. Cool-looking no?

Step #12: Water bottle Portability. Take out stem/straw assembly. Unscrew original cap from the other Starbucks bottle, clean it, and then screw onto on the water glass bottle. Make sure the threads line up. Now the glass bong is portable, with water already inside, like in a backpack. Its Port-a-bong.

Step #13: Packing for transport. Here's how you pack the parts. Wrap glass diffuser in a paper towel, then put into felt bag. Wrap bowl in bubble wrap. Put cap and straw into baggie. Parts laid out.

All Packed! :thumbup:

^Not exactly conveniently portable like a bubbler or a dry pipe, but it is stealthier and the water can be kept in the bong without pouring it out. A little complex, but not too bad.

Port-A-Bong: Cheap, sort-inexpensive answer to bongo's portability.

And that's it. :bongload:
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevolcomstoner
Just one more xanax
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaybec
Re: Preppin' for 4-20: The DIY Stealthy Port-a-Bong (Photo Tutorial) [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #404001 - 04/20/10 12:50 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Nice! :awehigh:

Happy 4/20

--------------------

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: Preppin' for 4-20: The DIY Stealthy Port-a-Bong (Photo Tutorial) [Re: volcomstoner]
    #404002 - 04/20/10 12:53 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks Volcom.

At first, I thought it was VolcanoStoner...now I see you like the brand. Both work for me. :greenthumb:

And Happy 4-20 for you too!

Only minutes away...
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
Re: Preppin' for 4-20: The DIY Stealthy Port-a-Bong (Photo Tutorial) [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #404131 - 04/20/10 10:42 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TrueHerbCrystal said:
Thanks Volcom.

At first, I thought it was VolcanoStoner...now I see you like the brand. Both work for me. :greenthumb:

And Happy 4-20 for you too!

Only minutes away...
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Who's the chinese girl and why do I love her?

--------------------

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Preppin' for 4-20: The DIY Stealthy Port-a-Bong (Photo Tutorial) [Re: FRACTALife]
    #404136 - 04/20/10 10:50 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Lisa Ling, because you're sexually repressed.

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
Re: Preppin' for 4-20: The DIY Stealthy Port-a-Bong (Photo Tutorial) [Re: DungenessDank]
    #404275 - 04/20/10 04:27 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks THC, happy holiday.  I would call that a chalice not a bong.  Cool tek.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: Preppin' for 4-20: The DIY Stealthy Port-a-Bong (Photo Tutorial) [Re: SmOakland]
    #404355 - 04/20/10 06:57 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Chalice huh...never heard of that name before. Is that like a hookah or something?

How is a bong defined, is it only side-stem that counts with open mouth piece instead of a small tube like mine?

And Happy 4-20 my friend....

A Happy 4-20 to Everyone...

~ TrueH:leaf:erbCrystal ~

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
Re: Preppin' for 4-20: The DIY Stealthy Port-a-Bong (Photo Tutorial) [Re: DungenessDank]
    #404366 - 04/20/10 07:26 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
Lisa Ling, because you're sexually repressed.

:ilold:

I could imagine Gregory House saying that really snappy. :lol:

--------------------

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Preppin' for 4-20: The DIY Stealthy Port-a-Bong (Photo Tutorial) [Re: FRACTALife]
    #404793 - 04/21/10 06:13 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

That's the same Lisa Ling from Channel One?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom