Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineencryptor
Green Thumb #1
Male User Gallery

Will Vinegar or Muriatic Acid Affect Taste of Buds
    #389188 - 03/24/10 05:21 AM (14 years, 8 days ago)

If I use Vinegar or Muriatic Acid for PH up/down in my hydroponics setup, will my buds taste different?  Are there harmful or bitter affects to using these economical & cheaper chemicals?:syringe::mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTomCollins

Re: Will Vinegar or Muriatic Acid Affect Taste of Buds [Re: encryptor]
    #389195 - 03/24/10 06:00 AM (14 years, 8 days ago)

I would think so yes, though I have heard of people using vinegar with relative success. That said however, I would not use hydrochloric acid - something tells me that would really fuck shit up. Besides, I question the economic benefit of using either of those two substances you mentioned, unless you have a massive operation going on. If you just have a closet grow or whatever, then I can't say you'd gain much anyway by using cheaper alternatives.

The safest way to do it is to use organic PH buffers - they really are the way to go.

They're really cheap anyway imo. :shrug:

If you plan on doing more future grows and would like to save money, then I recommend you get a hold of one of these:

According to this article: http://growersunderground.com/pH_Manifesto.pdf an RO system will take the alkalinity out of your water and will improve your yields all around. I couldn't imagine you'd do very much PH calibrating if you use water out of an RO system.

Just something to consider.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Edited by TomCollins (03/24/10 06:14 AM)

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: Will Vinegar or Muriatic Acid Affect Taste of Buds [Re: TomCollins]
    #389294 - 03/24/10 01:14 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

Muriatic acic is used to clean asphault/concrete, I don't think I'd let it anywhere near my plants. I've also read that they don't enjoy vinegar either.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: Will Vinegar or Muriatic Acid Affect Taste of Buds [Re: DieselB]
    #389320 - 03/24/10 01:47 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

Offlineencryptor
Green Thumb #1
Male User Gallery

Re: Will Vinegar or Muriatic Acid Affect Taste of Buds [Re: DieselB]
    #389373 - 03/24/10 04:05 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

Yeah, I know that Muriatic Acid is for pool and I think you could really call the weed “dope” if the grower used it in a hydro setup.  I see that potassium hydroxide is a base used in Duracell Alkaline Batteries and Zep Drain Aid!  That weed would be intended to be smoked by my enemies.  j/k, that would be very unethical.  Seriously, the prices are cheaper, but they are chemical and not organic compounds. 

For hydroponic applications, nitric, phosphoric or citric acids (even vinegar) can be used to lower pH, while potassium hydroxide can be used to raise pH. If you understand what you are doing, you can use them instead of buying pH-up and pH-down solutions (contributed by james and jorge).

Thanks for the tip on RO.  I didn't know it had anything to do with PH.:syringe::mushroom2:

http://www.growery.org/3072/Managing-PH-with-your-Cannabis-grow

http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/household/brands?tbl=chem&id=229&query=potassium+hydroxide+&searchas=TblChemicals

OfflineFuz2y
Dr.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iberian Peninsula
Re: Will Vinegar or Muriatic Acid Affect Taste of Buds [Re: encryptor]
    #391970 - 03/28/10 11:41 PM (14 years, 4 days ago)

When your water is to alkaline it can be neutralized by using:

nitric / citric acid, vitamin C, or apple vinegar.

if your soil or water is to acidic it can be neutralized by using:

a solution of lime, bicarbonate of soda, or wood ashes.

Be very carefull with adding those things,a few drops to much will chemicly burn your plants or yourself ! :grin:

Edited by Fuz2y (03/28/10 11:42 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures