Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Jungle Spice ? * 1
    #382844 - 03/12/10 11:50 PM (14 years, 19 days ago)

Anyone have any experience with it ?

Some people on the net call it dark DMT

I got some today and its red and waxy, I read that a good dose is like 10mg and you trip quite a bit harder

I also find it interesting that nobody has found out what it actually is yet, and since nobody knows the chemical compounds in it would that mean that it cant be illegal ? I suppose though it probably still has a fair amount of N-N-DMT in it though :shrug:

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTangerines
Grease Wizard
Male

Re: Jungle Spice ? [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #382879 - 03/13/10 03:55 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

I have been intrigued about it for a while now.

OfflineHarlz

Loc: cloudz
Re: Jungle Spice ? [Re: Tangerines]
    #382904 - 03/13/10 07:28 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

If its called jungle spice, and its red

I would assume it was extracted poorly, and contains many other fats, and oils from the plants and was possibly extracted in the jungle, or using really shitty supplies to do so.

It could also be extracted from a different DMT source, giving it a different colour after all the reactions have taken place.

Im not exactly sure but Ive heard of it before, and I think it was a mixture of these answers :lol:

OfflineHarlz

Re: Jungle Spice ? [Re: Harlz]
    #382905 - 03/13/10 07:30 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

I was wrong

So just what is Jungle spice?

Jungle spice is one of many names that has been applied to a particularly intriguing non-DMT alkaloid fraction that can be isolated from much of the commercially available Mimosa rootbark (See Botanical Confustication). In the most general terms, it is the alkaloid fraction obtained from the aqueous basic phase of an extraction by pulling with xylene or toluene after DMT ceases to be pulled by an aliphatic hydrocarbon solvent (naphtha, heptane, etc.). This product will almost always contain some degree of N,N-DMT; some extractors choose to remove the DMT in a hot naphtha wash to obtain a pure "jungle" experience, while others use the jungle/DMT mixture as it is.

There is a great deal of ambiguity surrounding jungle spice, owing to a wide array of factors. First and foremost, there appears to be a great diversity of compounds which can be isolated by extracting the aqueous basic phase with xylene or toluene. What compounds are actually isolated depends on some several of the following factors: minimum pH, maximum temperature and duration spent at this temperature, maximum pH and duration spent at this pH, and whether a fan is applied in the evaporation of solvent. On top of that, there's strong indications that some or all of the isolated compounds oxidize and change activity based on duration of time the material is allowed to sit at environmental conditions after extraction. And as if those things weren't enough, we also have to account for the fact that it's essentially impossible to know exactly what species of Mimosa the extracted rootbark came from. About all that is certain about it at this point is that it isn't N,N-DMT.

There has been a lot of speculation going around that this compound may be yuremamine, the novel phytoindole isolated from Mimosa tenuiflora and characterized in 2005. Looking at the evidence this appears to be exceedingly unlikely, based on yuremamine's known instability to acid, apparent instability to base, and speculated instability to heat. It certainly cannot be ruled out completely at this point, but there remains a substantial body of evidence against it. Until a GCMS of jungle spice emerges with a molecular ion at 477.1 m/z, I think it's safe to assume that yuremamine is not the red alkaloid that has been isolated by home extractors.

That said, I hope that the ensuing analysis can shed some light on the subject.

OfflineHarlz

#382909 - 03/13/10 07:48 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

WOW

sorry to post whore

but heres a cool little fact

as the DMT is oxidized and washed with naptha, an Oxygen atom is added,  ( referred to as jungle spice)

when DMT has an oxygen atom added it becomes the exact same compound as Psilocin,

I haven't seen anyone put this together yet, but could red spice be crystallized psilocin, that is smokable and is like an extremely compressed mushroom trip?

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #382910 - 03/13/10 09:09 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Ive heard some interesting things about jungle spice... and Ive also read of a few reports of vaporized psylocin/psylocybin being stronger than a DMT trip...

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineHarlz

Re: Jungle Spice ? [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #382923 - 03/13/10 10:07 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Ive got extracted psilocin on paper right now, its a brown goo

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #382931 - 03/13/10 10:45 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Ive heard some interesting things about jungle spice... and Ive also read of a few reports of vaporized psylocin/psylocybin being stronger than a DMT trip...

orly?!  That's interesting.  I've never heard of Jungle Spice. 

Quote:

Harlz said:
I was wrong

So just what is Jungle spice?

Jungle spice is one of many names that has been applied to a particularly intriguing non-DMT alkaloid fraction that can be isolated from much of the commercially available Mimosa rootbark (See Botanical Confustication). In the most general terms, it is the alkaloid fraction obtained from the aqueous basic phase of an extraction by pulling with xylene or toluene after DMT ceases to be pulled by an aliphatic hydrocarbon solvent (naphtha, heptane, etc.). This product will almost always contain some degree of N,N-DMT; some extractors choose to remove the DMT in a hot naphtha wash to obtain a pure "jungle" experience, while others use the jungle/DMT mixture as it is.

There is a great deal of ambiguity surrounding jungle spice, owing to a wide array of factors. First and foremost, there appears to be a great diversity of compounds which can be isolated by extracting the aqueous basic phase with xylene or toluene. What compounds are actually isolated depends on some several of the following factors: minimum pH, maximum temperature and duration spent at this temperature, maximum pH and duration spent at this pH, and whether a fan is applied in the evaporation of solvent. On top of that, there's strong indications that some or all of the isolated compounds oxidize and change activity based on duration of time the material is allowed to sit at environmental conditions after extraction. And as if those things weren't enough, we also have to account for the fact that it's essentially impossible to know exactly what species of Mimosa the extracted rootbark came from. About all that is certain about it at this point is that it isn't N,N-DMT.

There has been a lot of speculation going around that this compound may be yuremamine, the novel phytoindole isolated from Mimosa tenuiflora and characterized in 2005. Looking at the evidence this appears to be exceedingly unlikely, based on yuremamine's known instability to acid, apparent instability to base, and speculated instability to heat. It certainly cannot be ruled out completely at this point, but there remains a substantial body of evidence against it. Until a GCMS of jungle spice emerges with a molecular ion at 477.1 m/z, I think it's safe to assume that yuremamine is not the red alkaloid that has been isolated by home extractors.

That said, I hope that the ensuing analysis can shed some light on the subject.

source?

So it's just dmt then?

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Jungle Spice ? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #382934 - 03/13/10 10:55 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

https://www.dmt-nexus.com/forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1115

edit - use harlz link, same thing but it still has the pictures attached...

Edited by Dr. Siekadellyk (03/13/10 11:00 AM)

OfflineHarlz

#382935 - 03/13/10 10:55 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Read the whole post

Expand your Mind

Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

#382936 - 03/13/10 10:56 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
So it's just dmt then?

Quote:

About all that is certain about it at this point is that it isn't N,N-DMT.

dmt-nexus.com probably has the most information on the jungle spice anywhere out there

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: Jungle Spice ? [Re: elcharrosays]
    #382938 - 03/13/10 11:01 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

I dont think my interest has been peaked enough to spend the time required to read that entire thread, either of those threads.  I do appreciate the links however and will skim through entros post.

Quote:

elcharrosays said:
Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
So it's just dmt then?

Quote:

About all that is certain about it at this point is that it isn't N,N-DMT.

dmt-nexus.com probably has the most information on the jungle spice anywhere out there

oh geez.  i guess i missed that line.  :facepalm:

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

#383700 - 03/14/10 07:41 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Well I will be smoking this mysterious material tonight

It should be an interesting experience, I broke my :meff: pipe so im going to be packing some weed in my steamroller then putting the jungle spice (and some normal DMT, why the hell not:awesome:) then more weed on top so I dont burn the deems (and jungle deems)

Will report back :smile:    hopefully :wetself:

--------------------
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

OfflineHarlz

#383709 - 03/14/10 07:51 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Good luck

you have balls :awetrippie:

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

#383714 - 03/14/10 07:55 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Harlz said:
Good luck

you have balls :awetrippie:

True, but mainly just spare time and drugs :awesome:

--------------------

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

#383778 - 03/14/10 10:21 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Well I decided to try just the jungle spice by itself and it first I was a little scared to try because I couldnt really find any proper dosage advice online, but I found some posts that said between 10 and 20 mg so I took a little ball of the oily and waxy, very non solid material and smoked it on ash out of my steamroller

The hit tasted and smelled very much like but slightly different than regular white spice, I got the mild body effects of white spice and felt very "high" but no visuals really, actually as I am typing this about 10 minutes after smoking my world is tinted pink a little bit but no real visual effects to speak of

Will have to smoke more and see where that takes me

--------------------

Invisibleltd
 User Gallery

#383779 - 03/14/10 10:22 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

let us know how it goes

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Re: Jungle Spice ? [Re: ltd]
    #383793 - 03/14/10 10:43 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Im overwhelmed with weirdness, I feel like my head weighs 100lbs and im really glad I started with a small amount of this sticky stuff

Still no real visuals to speak of, slight distortion of reality but no DMT like full visuals

This stuff is great, it feels more natural to me than white spice, I want to try more but I dont know if im ready (not that one could really ever be ready :shrug:)

BTW, I took some pictures of the goo, will post soon

--------------------

OfflineHarlz

#383928 - 03/15/10 09:08 AM (14 years, 16 days ago)

Wouldn't normal DMT always contain some jungle spice? And its just adding its effect to the regular DMT trip?

And now you are just smoking that 1 part of the trip, but in highly concentrated amounts?

It seems plausible :shrug:

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

#383978 - 03/15/10 11:22 AM (14 years, 16 days ago)

It might but jungle spice is not soluble in naphtha so its easy to separate the two

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract