Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineUnion420
Horticulturist
Loc: New World
Hormonal spray!?
    #378594 - 03/04/10 07:10 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hello all, im new here so this is my cherry poppin post so to speak, I stumbled over this site about a year ago while on the shroomery which im proud to say I learned alot from being new to the mushroom cultivation scene some 4 years ago, as I was previously just about the green and I was excited to see there was a growery as well, luckily ive got experience with cannabis, no expert theres always something new to learn IMO. So that brings me to my situation, I just ordered 9 different strains from Attitude, im very pleased with them so far. I got Blueberry (DP, I kno I kno but DJ short was out as usuall) Strawberry Cough (also DP) Blue Hash, Blue Widow, Diesel aka (Chemdog91), White Widow the BW,D and WW were freebies all from Dinafem, also I got Kings Kush and Super lemon Haze from GHS, and last but not least LA CON from DNA. So that brings me to a question, ther all fem and I plan on seeding them as well as doing breeding combos, Im looking for a ready to go hormonal spray like Stamen-it which was available years ago but no more. I kno the different methods of stress to make hermies but I wont use that. Im also aware of cocktails that can be made which i will resort to if thats my last option. So basically does anyone kno of a place i can get a ready made spray, if not point me in the direction of some easy cocktails or methods (tried and true please) I can never seem to find Silver nitrate and things like that so a place with everything would be great too, thanks in advance much appreciated.

--------------------
Everything is fictional, I dont even exist.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hormonal spray!? [Re: Union420]
    #378642 - 03/04/10 09:38 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

No,and you don't want to use a pre-made spray other then gabrillic acid. Stamin-it was junk unless you got it within days of being made.

Now the reason why.

Most sprays for making pollen or male flowers on female plants are made with STS solution. The thing is once made STS doesn't store well and goes bad very fast. When it's on the shelves for more then a few months it goes bad very fast. Many sprays have tried but all have failed for this reason.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineUnion420
Horticulturist

Re: Hormonal spray!? [Re: Magash]
    #378814 - 03/05/10 03:06 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you I was not aware of that, ive searched many places and cant seem to get a strait answer on the best way to get a hermie, the STS way seems like a very popular one but im unable to locate a good source for this. I have read about aspirin being used with mixed results but nothing solid, plus the places I got this info from seemed very questionable as I read many posts and about 90% of the ppl there seemed like they couldnt germ a seed let alone finish a crop lol. But still I was interested in the aspirin as this IMO would be a quick easy way. Im not looking for 100% statistics as I just need a wee bit of pollen to retain the strains I have because there all fem as I said. I could bring a male into the picture but then im bringing in different strains and changing what i want to keep, I clone so its not an issue of having more plants\seeds its more for storing them for later use ya kno. Micropropigation came to mind but then the number of living plants goes up which im trying to avoid. Id settle for a decient method (other than Soma's way) that would work out for a small crop just so i can have a decient amount of seeds to store for later use. Thanks again any info is great.

--------------------

OfflineGrow
Stranger

#379049 - 03/06/10 10:39 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I looked up this dry koolbloom additive for max harvest and so many people said it made plants be hermies.

--------------------
All information in my posts is for medical purposes only.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hormonal spray!? [Re: Grow]
    #379083 - 03/06/10 11:38 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Rly?

I use KoolBloom dry and didn't have any issues with it.

Maybe they used to much and shocked the plant causing it to hermie.

OfflineGrow
Stranger

Re: Hormonal spray!? [Re: Stoneth]
    #379140 - 03/06/10 03:27 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah that's what I was thinking since stress causes it alot.  I've heard your not supossed to use it all flowering cycle. You're supossed to use liquid dry then flush. How long did you use it through flowering?

--------------------

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #379141 - 03/06/10 03:34 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I start it in week 4 of flowering at 1/4 tsp per gallon.

Same for week 5 and week 6 and 7 gets 1/2 tsp.

aI also use KB liquid in weeks 4 and 5 at 4 mls per gallon.

OfflineGrow
Stranger

Re: Hormonal spray!? [Re: Stoneth]
    #379160 - 03/06/10 04:29 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I see thanks brother

--------------------

OfflineUnion420
Horticulturist

#380204 - 03/08/10 04:38 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yea, Koolbloom does stress the plants, its supposed to mildly stress them into finishing, whereas liquid koolbloom is supposed to reduce stress. Thats why there used in different stages. I use the GH Floranova line with these 2 but never experienced any hermies, yet, lol. IMO the Blueberry should be the quickest to herm but well see. Im still very interested in what aspirin would do, Im actually testing it on one of my less favored strains i have at the moment, and so far she looks normal no stress signs or anything so well see, might be too late tho as im already into week 4 or so. My beans should be getting here soon, fingers crossed, so ill be working whith them soon as I can. Now im just deciding which ones to go with first cause I only run 2 or 3 moms at a time. IDK well thanks for the input much apprecated.

--------------------

OfflineGrow
Stranger

#380220 - 03/08/10 04:46 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I thought hermie seeds are useless. Have I heard wrong??

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #380807 - 03/09/10 06:52 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

No you haven't. Seeds done right even when done with two females are not hermie.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineUnion420
Horticulturist

#386382 - 03/18/10 09:06 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well, seeds are in. I started with SLH, Strawberry C, Blueberry, Diesel and LA Con. So far looking great, they all poped and are going pretty good, not much to be said as there just seedlings kinda boring at the moment. Finishing up a previous grow, BTW nothing happened with the aspirin test, gave 3 tabs per gallon for a week and a half and nothing, acctually they look really healthy and the buds are super dense much like white rhino gets, its a unknown strain so I cant say for sure what it is but Id bet it has Afgani in it somewhere judjing from the stature, bud formation and leaves just a edjucated guess tho. Im re thinking my approach to the new strains as I might embark on a breeding project just gotta get all my facts right and make sure im going about it the right way. Getting STS isint an option so my original idea is trashed cause thats about the only way Id do it to get fems. Well see what happens im still deciding.

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #386492 - 03/19/10 03:54 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Look up info on Gabrillic Acid.

--------------------

OfflineUnion420
Horticulturist

#386946 - 03/19/10 03:45 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Mag, I just did a search on it and only came up with like 4 or 5 hits all with you being the one speaking of it, thing is you just mentioned it, not how to get it how to use it things like that. Did you mean do a search on here or in general like google and whatnot? I expected alot more to be found here but dint, can you explain a bit more when you get a chance please, or someone else, thanks, O and about the aspirin, does it work and if so did I do it wrong? Thank you.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract