Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBudmanman

I use fox farm nutes and soil. What nutes are just as good and cheaper than fox farm?
    #380777 - 03/09/10 05:27 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I use fox farm nutes and soil. What nutes are just as good and cheaper than fox farm?

I want nutes that are equally as good but not equally as expensive.

And is it ok to switch nutes mid grow?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
Re: I use fox farm nutes and soil. What nutes are just as good and cheaper than fox farm? [Re: Budmanman]
    #380829 - 03/09/10 07:40 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well the cheapest thing to do is long term investments=buying in bulk

If you like organic stuff I use pure blend pro line but it is about the same price as Foxfarm.
Not knowing better I used the two interchangeably on my recent grow and it didn't do noticeable damage. 
Nevertheless, I have been told by hydroponic growers that this is a bad idea and I will hurt my plants.

--------------------
x:tongue:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I use fox farm nutes and soil. What nutes are just as good and cheaper than fox farm? [Re: MushrooMan420]
    #380916 - 03/09/10 08:51 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Dude, Fox Farm is pretty much on the low end price wise of quality nutrient lines.

I wouldn't switch mid grow.  But I've seen people do it with out consequence.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineBudmanman

Re: I use fox farm nutes and soil. What nutes are just as good and cheaper than fox farm? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #381131 - 03/10/10 12:53 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

huh really? long ago I heard on this site I believe that fox farm is pricey and not really any better than some certain brand of nutes.

Must of been false info I suppose. well good to know at least

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I use fox farm nutes and soil. What nutes are just as good and cheaper than fox farm? [Re: Budmanman]
    #381137 - 03/10/10 01:23 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think it's all that pricey.  Especially compared to Advanced Nutrients and equivalents.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
Re: I use fox farm nutes and soil. What nutes are just as good and cheaper than fox farm? [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #381179 - 03/10/10 08:32 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Dude go get yourself some floranova veg and bloom, 28$ a bottle and it will last you a long ass time. Magash said he use to use the super expensive nutes but he tried flora nova and it was just as good!! Hope that helps!:rockon:

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I use fox farm nutes and soil. What nutes are just as good and cheaper than fox farm? [Re: Lucid]
    #381540 - 03/10/10 09:16 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Floranova is more expensive than Fox Farm.  Fox Farm is a relatively inexpensive nutrient.  At 15.00 bucks for a quart size bottle, I'd say that's VERY reasonable.  As compared to Floranova which is about 25-28 per quart.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
    #381559 - 03/10/10 09:41 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Damn you only pay $15, my hydroponic store chrages me $17 a qt. bottle for FoxFarm.

--------------------
x:tongue:

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I use fox farm nutes and soil. What nutes are just as good and cheaper than fox farm? [Re: MushrooMan420]
    #381564 - 03/10/10 09:42 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well either way it's still one of the cheaper ones.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #381569 - 03/10/10 09:46 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
Floranova is more expensive than Fox Farm.  Fox Farm is a relatively inexpensive nutrient.  At 15.00 bucks for a quart size bottle, I'd say that's VERY reasonable.  As compared to Floranova which is about 25-28 per quart.

But what's the usage rate? you only use about 6ml/gallon of the Floranova line... the Foxfarm nutes might be cheaper by volume but don't you use like 15-20ml per gallon?

--------------------

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I use fox farm nutes and soil. What nutes are just as good and cheaper than fox farm? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #381582 - 03/10/10 10:00 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I never used more than 10.  I use up to 10 with Floranova as well.

--------------------

-niteowl

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #381585 - 03/10/10 10:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hmm interesting. I use Floranova at about 8ml/gallon.... interesting if Foxfarm has the same application rates and still lower prices. Might have to look into that.

I really want to try Advanced the most but fuck the damn prices.

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: I use fox farm nutes and soil. What nutes are just as good and cheaper than fox farm? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #381595 - 03/10/10 10:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

ya. advanced would be cool to play with. im using fox farm right now, (this is my first grow BTW) i think im just going to stick with fox farm from now on, but if i switch over to hydro i would definitely be using advanced nutrients. way cleaner solution than fox farm. big bloom really dirties it up, but that doesnt matter when using soil.

i agree, fox farm seems to be fairly inexpensive compared to other brands, but all ive ever heard about fox farm has been great stuff, and im definitely getting awesome results. im flushing my plants now so im not using nutrients anymore. i still have pretty much a full bottle of grow big, about 90% left of the tiger bloom and 75% left in my second quart of big bloom, and ive barely touched the cha ching.

id stick with fox farm. it seems pretty solid if you have the main 3 and the 3 micro nutrient solubles.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#381599 - 03/10/10 10:22 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Quote:

hawksapprentice said:

But what's the usage rate? you only use about 6ml/gallon of the Floranova line... the Foxfarm nutes might be cheaper by volume but don't you use like 15-20ml per gallon?

grow big: 5 mL
tiger bloom: 10-15mL
big bloom: 60 mL

all per gallon of course. thats what it says on the back of the bottles. (not in mL, i did the conversion) but the fox farm feed chart differs at times.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I use fox farm nutes and soil. What nutes are just as good and cheaper than fox farm? [Re: Pilze]
    #381609 - 03/10/10 10:37 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I don't use their Big Bloom, I use Liquid Karma instead.

As far as mucking up your water in hydro.  There's nothing wrong with that.  Just because the water stays a bit more clear, doesn't really mean that it's better.  FloraNova mucks it up a ton, but if your using the proper additives anyways it's going to get mucked up anyways.

I'd rather have it murky, that means there's more seaweed and kelp extract as well as bat guano and earthworm castings in there helping out your plants. 

Also if your using something like Sub-Culture, which you should be, your going to get a bunch of gunk building up on the roots and along any tubing that's there as well.  All beneficial gunk mind you.

--------------------

-niteowl

OfflineGanjaryan
Herbman

Loc: Seattle, WA
    #381615 - 03/10/10 10:49 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Alaska brand fish fertilizer is around 7$ a bottle and works great. they sell it at home depot. its all natural and they have veg and bloom nutes.

--------------------
Get money, fuck bitches, smoke trees.

Wisdom.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #381655 - 03/10/10 11:50 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Your theory doesn't have much logic to it.

Fox Farms nutrients are MORE EXPENSIVE.

FloraNova is a 2 part all inclusive nutrient, where as to get the same coverage with FF, you have to buy all (3) bottles ($17/each) of liquid, plus use the powder additives (would need at least 2/3 stages @ $24/each)

Or you could Get FloraNova Bloom + Grow for $50, and if you really feel the need, you could get a powder supplement to go along with it for extra confidence.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
Re: I use fox farm nutes and soil. What nutes are just as good and cheaper than fox farm? [Re: Inverted]
    #381672 - 03/11/10 12:18 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:

FloraNova is a 2 part all inclusive nutrient, where as to get the same coverage with FF, you have to buy all (3) bottles ($17/each) of liquid, plus use the powder additives (would need at least 2/3 stages @ $24/each)

Or you could Get FloraNova Bloom + Grow for $50, and if you really feel the need, you could get a powder supplement to go along with it for extra confidence.

pwned

Offlinedutc2006
Grow or Die

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I use fox farm nutes and soil. What nutes are just as good and cheaper than fox farm? [Re: Lucid]
    #381709 - 03/11/10 02:19 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yea I use a single cheaper PK booster (1-52-34) in lieu of Beastie Bloomz and Cha Ching and save some money.  In the Beastie Bloomz stage I just use a little less.  Works perfect.

User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: I use fox farm nutes and soil. What nutes are just as good and cheaper than fox farm? [Re: Inverted]
    #382260 - 03/11/10 09:12 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:

Not at all.  If your using floranova, which I do then you also should be feeding floralicious as well if you want to stick with your method of using a products full line. 

You can use Fox Farm with out the BB without a problem.  And like I think I said said, I prefer Liquid Karma to BB anyways.

If we want to get technical you should also be using a mycorrizhae type of product on top of your regular nutrient regimen.  As well as a product like Sweet.  Also Root Accelerator would be a good addition as well.

But this is all if your just wanting to improve the quality and yield that your get in the end.  You can run the full cycle with just grow and bloom without a problem if you don't have much money or are wanting to be cheap.

--------------------

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies