Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineskullhuman
Banned
Fan vote
    #373101 - 02/24/10 11:07 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well, after some research, I've decided it'll be either a 6" Soler & Palau, or either a 4 or 6" Sunleaves Windtunnel as a single exhaust for a dresser cab (probably 2.5x3x5 feet).  Stealth is very important here, so this setup needs to be quiet, but I'd also like to make sure it moves enough air through a carbon filter and some ducting.  What's your vote Growery?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fan vote [Re: skullhuman]
    #373344 - 02/25/10 12:31 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Those inlines are going to sound like jet engines compared to the stanley blower I recommended in your other thread. 265 cfm for $25, 3-speed adjustable, no brainer IMO. Nothing pushing that amount of air is going to be as quiet as you would like, but remember you can hang these from the top of your cab or from the ceiling outside of it to kill any vibrations.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (02/25/10 12:33 PM)

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Fan vote [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #373348 - 02/25/10 12:44 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineBuddy Guy
Gone Rogue

Loc: Unknown
    #373353 - 02/25/10 12:54 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds sic, bro. Now. GEET ER DONE! :rockon:
Those inline fans are loud in fact. 265cfms for 25 dollars sounds like a super deal to me. :goodluck:

Offlineskullhuman
Banned
Re: Fan vote [Re: Buddy Guy]
    #373364 - 02/25/10 01:10 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Alright, Stanley blower it is then.  This way I can get two of these things and have the light on its own ventilation.

So for a cab like I'm describing, there seems to be no reason what so ever to go with the higher end models.  I'm just kind of perplexed that $25 is all I need to spend on one of these.  Can't believe it.  How long can I expect to be able to run one of these for?

EDIT: But so many conflicting things get said.  In other threads I've read that the Stanley blower is the jet engine, and it'd be better to go with one of the aforementioned models.  :facepalm:

Edited by skullhuman (02/25/10 01:25 PM)

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #373410 - 02/25/10 03:21 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

skullhuman said:
Alright, Stanley blower it is then.  This way I can get two of these things and have the light on its own ventilation.

So for a cab like I'm describing, there seems to be no reason what so ever to go with the higher end models.  I'm just kind of perplexed that $25 is all I need to spend on one of these.  Can't believe it.  How long can I expect to be able to run one of these for?

EDIT: But so many conflicting things get said.  In other threads I've read that the Stanley blower is the jet engine, and it'd be better to go with one of the aforementioned models.  :facepalm:

Two of them is going to be overkill in a cab that size. I cool a 600w and exhaust a 6x6x6 tent with mine and the tent still maintains negative pressure (walls sucked inward).

I would ask the guys at your local hydro shop to hook up some of those inlines in a display tent first. That way you will have a good basis on which to judge the stanley if you do buy it. I can safely assure you that my stanley on level I makes less noise than my 18" household oscillating fan on level II. My stanley on level III can be heard *just* outside the door of the room its in. On the flip-side my bathroom fan can be heard 20 feet outside of my bathroom door and even on multiple floors.

Just sayin...

The real problem you have to deal with in stealth grows is the noise in the ducts, which is there regardless of what fan put it there.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (02/25/10 03:23 PM)

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #373625 - 02/25/10 07:56 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Soler & Palau are supposed to be the quietest fan on the market. That's my vote. Mine just got here. It's SICK NASTY. In the top 3 of the coolest fans I've ever seen in person.

Here it is. It LOOKS like a jet engine. Even my cat likes it!

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Fan vote [Re: DrGreenThumb]
    #373631 - 02/25/10 08:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

How much was it?

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fan vote [Re: Triptonic]
    #373747 - 02/25/10 10:18 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I paid $155. But you can get them now for $140. I missed the price drop by a week.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Offlineskullhuman
Banned
    #374511 - 02/27/10 09:46 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

206 said:
The real problem you have to deal with in stealth grows is the noise in the ducts, which is there regardless of what fan put it there.

I figured this out already.  I figured the mix-vent aspect of the S&P would help in this area.  I was also thinking that one could buy the insulated ducting and somehow line the interior of it some sound absorbent material.  A muffler could also be added to the line to assist in this cause.

A carbon filter is also a must.  Do you have one in your tent?

Oh, and DrGreenThumb, how would you judge the volume of that S&P?

Edited by skullhuman (02/27/10 10:21 AM)

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #375049 - 02/28/10 09:14 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not sure yet. I need to get a power cord for it. I will do that on Monday or Tuesday so I'll let you know.

--------------------

Offlineskullhuman
Banned
    #375390 - 02/28/10 05:35 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks pal.

Offlineskullhuman
Banned
    #378127 - 03/03/10 10:00 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

skullhuman said:
Alright, Stanley blower it is then.

I re-decided to get the Stanley blower, then found out nobody sells it in Canada apparently.  :facepalm:

Well GreenThumb, any word on that S&P yet?

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #378162 - 03/03/10 10:33 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Lasko and Stanley are one in the same, try searching for Lasko blower if you can't find Stanley. Exact same unit different name.

--------------------
|

Offlineskullhuman
Banned
    #378380 - 03/04/10 01:28 PM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Thanks 206.  I'll figure out a solution.

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #378714 - 03/05/10 05:48 AM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Sorry skull, I was away awhile. I forgot to get the cord in town so I cut one off of a junk TV and wired 'er up! Here is my conclusion.

The 6" S&P is definitely more quiet than a Stanley blower. It is NOT silent.

I wired it up on high and plugged it in. It has the sound of an ocillating floor fan. It moves A LOT of air (293 CFM @ 65W). Most of the sound is from the WOOSH of air running through the fan.

Wired on low. Huge drop in noise. While moving less air (218 CFM @ 54W) there is a big reduction in noise.

This fan will definitely cool any 1000W light and possibly up to 3. If this is the quietest fan on the market I would hate to hear what a LOUD one sounds like. I am happy with my purchase of this fan and couldn't imagine using a louder one in my grow. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

--------------------

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #378727 - 03/05/10 08:45 AM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

DrGreenThumb said:
Soler & Palau are supposed to be the quietest fan on the market. That's my vote. Mine just got here. It's SICK NASTY. In the top 3 of the coolest fans I've ever seen in person.

Those pics make me wanna go out and buy a fan.... I don't even need one, but damn that thing is fuckin sick lookin.

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fan vote [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #378728 - 03/05/10 08:56 AM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
Quote:

DrGreenThumb said:

Those pics make me wanna go out and buy a fan.... I don't even need one, but damn that thing is fuckin sick lookin.

That is a sick fan. Greenthumb didn't even show pics of the best part though...he whole middle section of the fan folds out for maintenance without needing to detatch it from the ducting. Brilliant really.

--------------------
|

OfflineFarmer Joe
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #378729 - 03/05/10 08:58 AM (14 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

206 said:
Quote:

Farmer Joe said:
Quote:

DrGreenThumb said:

That is a sick fan. Greenthumb didn't even show pics of the best part though...he whole middle section of the fan folds out for maintenance without needing to detatch it from the ducting. Brilliant really.

MOAR PICS!

--------------------
"Marijuana may not be addictive, but growing it is" - ED Rosenthal

Maine Caregiver In 100% compliance with Maine state laws.

Offlineskullhuman
Banned
Re: Fan vote [Re: Farmer Joe]
    #379228 - 03/06/10 06:47 PM (14 years, 25 days ago)

So, the S&P is more quiet than a Stanley? So many different stories..

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies