Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSmokinTGP
Stranger

Help! 400w Ebb&Flow questions
    #375622 - 02/28/10 08:54 PM (14 years, 22 days ago)

Hello all new here been doing this for Lil over 11 months and have few questions to full fill before i do a few strains i ordered. (Blue widow,White Widow , And Chronic Juice).

Here I'm goin to add pics and show you what i have.

Veg Room (Botanicare Prow Grow nutes)

2'x 2' ebb&flow table
18 gal res (air stone in res)
2' Sun blaze 4bulb (t5) with Veg Lights x4 (16/8)

Flower Room (Botanicare Pro Bloom nutes)

2'x 4' ebb&flow table
18 gal res (air stone in res)
400w switchable HPS main and 250w HPS extra (12/12)
Cage fan with carbon filter for air exchange

this pic only shows the 250 but now have 400 and 250.

OK know here goes. Ive went threw the whole course of veg and flower first round and my Hanna meter was badly calibrated was 600ppm too low but bare with me I'm workin all the laziness and gettin things correct it took me a while to purchase all this stuff but was too pushy to start.. lol...
Bag seed grow 1 with a mom and few cuttings notice Ive used same table but limited on space for veg room i think any input would be great cause I'm getting confused on how i can keep a mother with good nutes and clones at same time or should i be making a bucket for the mom?

Flower time came and like i said i was confused and wanted to try both methods and tried to do at same time but didn't work to my advantage i harvested roughly the same amount either way .

well all in all i got roughly 3oz off the plant and 2oz from the I have no idea what I'm doin Scrog to embarrassed to show those pics.
now the whole time all my nutes were way lower than thought also had mature and non mature plant living on same nutes. i got the Nute thing down now but to start my questions.

I have a 2x2 veg tray. How can i keep a mom and cuttings going same time . do i use same nute levels for both . can i lower nutes when clones are rooted an gradually bring them up . will lowering nutes hurt the mother?

In my Flower tray planing on just using the 400w hps for the 2x4.is that going to be OK?

How many plants should i use in the 2x4? and Input on Should i Scrog, Sog, or just 2 Big girls? (id like for the most efficient way)

Should i switch to Flora Nova series?

OK lastly this is a pic of the currently Flowering (Supposedly Cali Mist Bag Seed). Does She look Healthy, shes on about the 7Th week and no signs of amber trichomes.

Sorry for the no intro post but id like to start a journal on the White Widow and Chronic Grow savin the Blue Widow If All Goes Well From Here. All input will be greatly appreciated and will take no offense about my rig? Tear me apart.

Edited by SmokinTGP (02/28/10 09:17 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmokinTGP
Stranger

Re: Help! 400w Ebb&Flow questions [Re: SmokinTGP]
    #375914 - 03/01/10 10:02 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

Please any help on my questions. Thank You

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#375924 - 03/01/10 10:24 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

Hey I am sorry but I read through a few times and I am not sure what all your questions are but let me take a stab at what I got from it, keep in mind I don't do hydro so some of my advice might be a bit off.

First you want to know about keeping mom and daughters on the same nutes, what I know about that is that mom will need more then the daughters it might be okay to keep them on the same res with the same solution but I would think mom will always be a little deficient. Perhaps switching her to a DWC bucket would be a good choice, you can keep her mix seperate and not run a whole new res.

The second question about switching to floranova I can't help on, I don't see what your using now and I have never used either product.

If you have more questions go ahead and shoot em in here.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

OfflineSmokinTGP
Stranger

Re: Help! 400w Ebb&Flow questions [Re: pha3r0]
    #375940 - 03/01/10 10:37 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

OK so The dwc would be a good choice for moms. But could i just stick her in the corner of the room and she will be ok and concentrate the light more on the table?

Not to familiar with dwc but dose the water contently circulate threw the net pot or is there a feeding schedule to follow.

I'm Using some nutes the hydro shop said id be happy with but dont really seem to be to happy lol. (Botanicare Bloom and Grow) Still trying to understand how much nutes go in and when like i said Ive only been doing this for a Lil while and really been trial and error since. but I'm tired of that and want to get this as perfected as i can.

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#375945 - 03/01/10 10:46 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

Yeah you would be just fine to plunk momma in the corner and let the clones veg on the table the light cycles are the same and if you go the DWC route or some other system you will be able to give them what they want.

As for the botanicare/floranova question since I don't have experience with either I will just say that perhaps now that your meter is tuned and accurate you will like the results better on the next cycle. What I do know about hydro is that it is less forgiving and knowing you were feeding 600ppm under what you thought could make a big difference in the final product. If it were me I would stay with what I have unless it really was not working then try something new when it runs out if I was not satisfied.

Like you say your still learning, you have a lot more time under your belt then me though to be completely honest, just work on tweaking one aspect of the grow at a time and eventually everything will be just right.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

OfflineSmokinTGP
Stranger

#376010 - 03/01/10 11:33 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

Also in my Flower flood table ive been using 3" Cubes and stickin um in those pots with hydroton. Is there a better way for the flood table.what i mean is if only doing 2-3 at a time should i use bigger pots, should i fill table with hydroton. cause from what im getting more roots more end result. But atm my table is subject to lots of light.

any input Thanks

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#376016 - 03/01/10 11:39 AM (14 years, 21 days ago)

I can't really say wether you would better off filling the whole table except that in a video I watched on setting up a hydro ebb and flow(i think it was Cervantes) he filled his whole flowering table with hyroton and placed the rockwool cudes and roots right into that. very carefully laying all the roots into a ditch then covering them. My only other input on the matter is that if your flowering table is small and you pack in plants to tight you might end up having roots get tangled making it impossible to rearrange.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

OfflineSmokinTGP
Stranger

#376184 - 03/01/10 01:57 PM (14 years, 21 days ago)

any other input on my flower flood table should i fill with hydroton ,
and if so should i scrog 2-3 plants in the 2x4 with a 400 will that be effiucent enough and also does scrog take longer than just 3 bush's.

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#376203 - 03/01/10 02:16 PM (14 years, 21 days ago)

the only change in the timeline between doing a scrog and LST'ed or topped bushes is that with the screen you will veg until the screen is filled to 75% or so capacity then switch the light and with LST you would switch whenever the plant is the size you want. really that means there is no difference unless you have few plants under a large screen and want to spend the veg time to fill it.

in a 2x4 area you can grow at least 4 plants untrained. If your going for a scrog that size 4 is prolly a good number and your light will be great for that size box. I think Inverted is running 5 plants in a 3x3 box scrog'ed and I think he's also using a 400w light.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

OfflineSmokinTGP
Stranger

#376223 - 03/01/10 02:49 PM (14 years, 21 days ago)

im gonna try 4 then and scrog them since the 400 is switchable. but gonna take time to get Clones ready for that.

Another question i have just read since im just useing rockwool cubes whould it be benificial to put a Coco or rockwell mat uner each Plant to help with roots? Or just use bigger buckets

Edited by SmokinTGP (03/01/10 02:49 PM)

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#376238 - 03/01/10 03:10 PM (14 years, 21 days ago)

well I can't see how that would help at all. my understanding is that in an ebb and flow setup you root clone into rockwool cubes or similar non organic medium and then place them either in individual pots or a tray filled with hydroton. the roots will just grow through the pebbles and adding a coco mat is just one more thing for them to work through and one more thing to hold water, which in an ebb and flow is what all the hydroton is for right?

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

OfflineSmokinTGP
Stranger

#376263 - 03/01/10 03:26 PM (14 years, 21 days ago)

I guess but like i was saying before any roots that try to com out the cubes stop because of light and the mat would allow for more roots bigger plant?

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#376272 - 03/01/10 03:36 PM (14 years, 21 days ago)

oh well then just set the cube deeper into the pebbles, it should be almost all the way in anyways.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

OfflineSmokinTGP
Stranger

#376278 - 03/01/10 03:43 PM (14 years, 21 days ago)

thats what im saying maybee i didnt specify. i dont use Hytroton in the tray at all just cubes or pots

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#376283 - 03/01/10 03:51 PM (14 years, 21 days ago)

ahhh i see now what you are saying I thought the hydroton in the tub question was for the flowering table.

I will say again before I say this that i have 0 experience with hydro and not much more in general. I dont think it will hurt them at all to go ahead and fill that veg tub with hydroton, the only problem will come when extracting them from that tub and moving them into the flowering room. damaging roots is seriously stressful but you can do it. you will just need to exercise caution and patience is all.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

OfflineSmokinTGP
Stranger

#376296 - 03/01/10 04:04 PM (14 years, 21 days ago)

I appreciate all the input and understand your 0 Experience. Ive been reading Forums for hours every day finally decided to join here and ask some questions on to better my setup . i use Rockwell Cubes from seed to flower no hydroton at all but when it comes time to flower i put the Cube in a Bucket that has a screen in bottom and few holes on sides Same buckets in flower 2x4 in pics. I layer about 2 inchs of hydroton in bottom of pot put in cube and cover with hydroton. What i was saying would it be easier to just fill the Table but now I see cleanup is alot More work so what im saying is to achieve the best root system from what i have what is best. By the way Your input is making me make Decisions on what to do but i wanted to get a good bit response from a few others to decide what to do Final so i dont have Crappy Buds when time is rdy ill be starting these Beans in the next week or so.

Another question Those Co2 Boost buckets Are they worth the Money... and do they work well anyone use these.

Anyone else wanna give some advice id gladly appreciate it...

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#376307 - 03/01/10 04:17 PM (14 years, 21 days ago)

The co2 buckets are as far as I understand just a sugar/water/yeast thing which you can do yourself for almost free.

The benefit though is also negligible if your ventilation system is up to par and the advice I see most often is to invest in better ventilation before a co2 system.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

OfflineSmokinTGP
Stranger

#377266 - 03/02/10 06:59 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

ok well i went out today got these Supplies to do a lil ez cloner and two mommy buckets.. lol just gettin everything rdy ... When da beans come ima start a journal. i picked up some FloraNova also for the new girls. got few biger buckets for the flower room plants i feel a lil better that the root ball will be nice in these ones we will see how they work. gonna puts a bag seed thats in a cube about 10 inch" now see if 4 floods a day will do. for it to still thrive unless someone got a better idea for me in the flower room .? still tryin to work the nutrient flow on my table to grow medium i guess you can say, sorry im stoned haha. .. I will go start putting this together take few pic ill add later.. to anyone willing to put there input out there.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #377490 - 03/02/10 10:59 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

Sorry it's taken so long for you to get more responses. 

First off, the DWC, as said before will work just fine for moms.  Have you done any research on these yet??  Are you grasping the concept of single bucket DWC systems as opposed to one setup with multiple buckets and a reservoir??  If not ask away I have quite a bit of experience with DWC.

It looks like you already went out and bought supplies for the DWC, otherwise I was going to tell you that you could just put your mothers in dirt and not have to mess around with a hydro setup for the moms.

Second, fill up your Ebb and Flow table with hydro-ton.  Failing that at least get one of the covers they make for them so that it's dark inside.  This will allow the roots to grow beyond the rockwool that they are in giving you a much larger root mass and thus increasing your yields. 

I prefer using the hydro-ton over a cover for a couple of reasons.  1. It will keep your roots moist for a longer period of time thereby allowing you to decrease the frequency your pumps need to be turned on.  2.  It gives the plant more stability/purchase for it to hold itself up right. 

Third, be patient.  Hydro is difficult to master.  No one is going to be able to tell you exactly when your going to need certain types of nutrients.

This is going to be a trial and error hobby for you, it is for everyone that starts out in this hobby.  Just learn from your mistakes and continue to grow.

I would also recommend finding a strain you like and sticking with it.  That way you get to know your plants and what they like and when they like.  I can't emphasize this enough.  Especially if your looking to improve your yields and the quality of your bud.

4th, don't fuck around with those buckets.  They're a waste of money.  Get your air exchange up and you'll be fine.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineSmokinTGP
Stranger

Re: Help! 400w Ebb&Flow questions [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #378885 - 03/05/10 07:08 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Got my beans today ... Gonna germ them now get these babies goin...
Question though..

Should i use my 400MH during veg and just throw mu 250 hps over the one bag sead that bloomin now or will i be fine with my 2' 4 bulb HD t5 setup be fine all threw veg.. what would my benifit bee to veg under the 400 will i get alot faster growth?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder