Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Cheap Bagseed Grow - Updated [March 19, 2010]
    #352355 - 01/23/10 02:40 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

After enough toying with the mexi-seeds I had I gave up..It was for the best. I planted a female and its coming along...My damn puppy knocked over the plant that pulled the light down that burned it a little but I'll save it and it will be fine...

Anyway, here is some specs and pictures. Sorry its not more documented but I screwed around and I really need to get this thing done ASAP.

Specs...3x2x3 will be the box specs in order to one day move both cfls to a small area for clones.

I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do with this after I finish it because I don't need it..

I wanted to show that anyone can grow with limited resources you just need to know what to look for in order to achieve optimal results.

-I'm using Miracle Grow Organic with a mix of perlite in it
-Nutrients are miracle grow - rose(had it sitting around), schultz 10-15-10 plant food which I'll probabl use and feed every other watering or            so..We'll see how it responds. And another but I can't remember the name of it..I wouldn't use it anyway.
-Lighting...This is where this grow is unique at least around here...I'm using 2 70 watt curly-q's(the big ones) with just the basic heatlamp reflector deal..Then as I was walking through home depot and what ultimately inspired me to do this were some of these bad boys for like 30 dollars..They had 100 watt lamps also and had them in metal halide. I chose these for heat reasons:

All I did was remove the ballast/ignitor from the inside and made it a remote ballast tyep setup. I have the ballast up at the top where a PC fan will be removing air...This makes the heat almost zero near the lamp. Of course I had to wire a heavy duty extension cord to it but its really simple if you have any knowlege at all of wiring then you can safely do this..However I do have more knowledge than the average joe so I do recommend someone more qualified to be safe. See images below to see how this was done.
[Note:Sorry for the lack of instruction here but I will be doing a full on pictorial and posting it soon so just wait for it if you have any doubts.]

I got a heavy duty new timer also from home depot for like 6 dollars I couldn't not get it..
A larger fan and thats about it...
Of course the wood and screws and zip ties and all that shit...But I just made what I had work, work...Hopefully to get some more people growing.

Ummm...I guess here are some pictures of what I have now if you have questions ask but like I said this grow will not be documented real well since I'm going to be building and growing and building a larger grow area..So,,,,,,,,,But I will post more pictures throughout.

This is basically the complete wiring, but before that fucking ground your shit and do it right so you don't burn down your apartment complex or your parents house or wherever it is you roam..

This is how I grounded mine to the 3 pronged extension cord.

Now here is the wiring I was talking about I can draw a diagram if someone really wants to do this I will do all I can to help I don't want any 18 year old burning down his house because he saw a simple design on the internet...There is more to it than that...Gauge of wiring..Wiring capacitors in for multiple ballasts..Etc.:

The ground wire in the box with the reflector back on with nothing else inside...Everything was removed.

Some more wiring:

Test lightttt:

The "work panel"

Here is one of the cfls mounted..Notice the ignitor and ballast mounted above to keep the heat out the grow space and help the lamp run more efficiently...You can move it farther but I would go no more than a few feet...6 feet maybe.

Here was my final result after several hours:

More to come...Oh here is the lady:

Here is some pictures I'm not keeping up with age so I don't know..Um, here are some randoms sorry they haven't gotten all cool an shit yet but I just topped it but I'm feeding it tonight :grin:

:peace:

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Edited by mhbound (03/20/10 09:06 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Cheap Bagseed Grow [Re: mhbound]
    #352601 - 01/24/10 09:59 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Good deal, glad to see you finally got something goin.

I'll be watching

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineSgt. Smoke
File up and smoke down!
Male

Loc: Classified
Re: Cheap Bagseed Grow [Re: Inverted]
    #352608 - 01/24/10 10:34 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I did this for my first few grows and YES you don't need all the fancy nutes, watts etc.

People who are wanting to start your first grow should watch this thread. I'll be watching for sure.:smile:

And no one should be intimidated by bigger or more technial grows. Cannabis cultivation is an awesome thing on ANY level.

rock on mhbound!

--------------------
L.O.B.

LEGION OF BUD

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: Cheap Bagseed Grow [Re: Sgt. Smoke]
    #352715 - 01/24/10 04:07 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

yea im just doing this to encourage people to grow if they cant afford the better....im almost done with my tent and seeds went in the peat pellets earlier :grin:

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#361410 - 02/10/10 12:04 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Okay, so after some playing with these mexiseeds I got tired of fooling with the shitty growth it was definitely more suitable for outdoor conditions

So, I planted one of the feminized seeds I ordered..I have to look at the name :facepalm:...Some kind of kush cross from nirvana

I just wanted to show some results with cfl while I finish my cabinet

Pictures in the next couple of days just upppdating

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#368014 - 02/19/10 03:12 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Updated..More to come the next few days...A lot more hopefully.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#369146 - 02/21/10 05:24 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Here is some more of the box or one of it all I've done is added some sides but I'm trying to adjust where the ventilation needs to be I think I'm going to run 6 PC fans..2 4 and 2 6

Should be good...2 in on one side and 2 out on the same so it creates sort of a tight vacuum once I get it sealed up..and 1 in and 1 out where the 3  ballasts will be mounted to help keep them cool...

Um...Here is the youngin and one of the box doin its thing and me trying to do my thing while it does its thing..

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #369282 - 02/21/10 12:36 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Just growing one?

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: Cheap Bagseed Grow [Re: Dephect]
    #369303 - 02/21/10 01:03 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yea while I set this thing up im just kind of hoping to encourage some people to show that you dont have to have a grow like integra to get great results...

i like building these boxes over the period of a couple of months while vegging and training the plant so I can do any adjustments needed

I have to go get another 2 hps security lamps and wire them but 40 dollars for 200 watts I'll do any day...Bulb replacements like 10 dollars...Fine by me...For this ghetto grow anyhow

This will be a test run for this box and then I'll probably do 3-4 to show what it can really do and how little I spent to get it.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #369320 - 02/21/10 01:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Ive been wondering if a 100w HPS bulb would fit in my 125w HydroFarm CFL fixture without a ballast and work. I mean they are the same size. My HydroFarm socket is pretty much a basic socket for their systems and I run my 125w CFL without a ballast.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#369323 - 02/21/10 01:21 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I can ask my buddy hes an electrical engineer and works with the power company

I know a good bit but not a ton...

I doubt it the ignitors for the HPS system puts out kV's and I doubt the cfl setup does that

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#369349 - 02/21/10 01:45 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

It won't work I'm sorry.  HPS need a larger "boost" to start up.  I forget, but I think it's one of the only types of bulb that require a Starter/Ignitor and a Capacitor in the ballast to light up.

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#369354 - 02/21/10 01:50 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

You can get those lights for 30 dollars 125 watts you can't beat it..And they are made to run hard and the little ballasts are quiet in this particular one and I'm actually liking this...I might use these in my next room as additional lighting to the lower areas

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #369360 - 02/21/10 01:59 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
It won't work I'm sorry.  HPS need a larger "boost" to start up.  I forget, but I think it's one of the only types of bulb that require a Starter/Ignitor and a Capacitor in the ballast to light up.

I see. I guess that explains why the 35w HPS bulb I have won't work in a regular socket, even though it fits one. Will a MH fit in my fixture? Or not because of the same thing? I would probably just need a 400 watt ballast and I can make the thing run a HPS.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

#369363 - 02/21/10 02:03 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well, I even owned a 175w Metal Halide and I can't answer that off the top of my head.  I know there is a way to get around some of the components to light an MH, but I know you must have all the essentials (starter, capacitor) to run an HPS bulb.  I know my basic electronics but I have not done a ton of research on the lighting subject, even though I'm due to bulk up on my knowledge of it.

:getstoned:

--------------------

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #369387 - 02/21/10 02:21 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah. Its okay though. Im getting a 400w Cool Tube tomorrow so I might not even need the CFL fixture anymore.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#381912 - 03/11/10 12:46 PM (14 years, 20 days ago)

It has really shot up since the last update I untied it and cut a couple the fan leaves off and watered it...I'm going to let it spread for a few days and feed it then I'll post some pictures...Its getting ready to show its sex...Umm...A great plant so far...

Pics after the repot

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

#383537 - 03/14/10 01:48 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

so I kinda trimmed it up and shit trying to get it ready for the screen.

i turned on the hps lamps yesterday evening some time...

hmm...it should really start growing soon so stick around

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #383560 - 03/14/10 02:48 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

dude leave that poor plant alone! Why do you keep cutting it's leaves and shit? I can understand completely removing a leaf or two, but just cutting them in half does WAY more harm than good :facepalm:

--------------------

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Re: Cheap Bagseed Grow [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #383564 - 03/14/10 02:52 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Oh I know Im going to remove those leaves completely should have just cut them but im kind of trying to make a decision

on how to train it as i go because im building the box its going in and i didnt really plan too well

gotta do what you gotta do. it will be okay though...im vegging for awhile.

im going to probably tie it a little more, cut a few back once it fills back out, and screen and flower

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds