Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelibertaire
Stranger

Is this safe?
    #356319 - 02/01/10 04:07 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

So me and my friend have been trying to get a grow going for a while.  My friend dropped the money on a 250w hps light, even though we don't have a safe place to grow.  Well, recently my friend told me he found a place that could work.  It's this kid both of us know from school who's pretty chill as far as I know, but he's not like my best friend or anything, so I'm not really sure.  He said we could use one of his closets.  However, I have a feeling that growing at a place that is not ours is a really bad idea, even if the person is cool with it.  Would you agree?  I mean, we are pretty desperate, but it seems like we're letting our desperateness get the best of us.  Is there any foreseeable way that this situation could work, or is it just a bad idea?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
Re: Is this safe? [Re: libertaire]
    #356324 - 02/01/10 04:39 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

personally i wouldn't do it, if you dont know this guy very well how do you know he wont be going round blabbin to people or showing his other friends when they came round to his place, when you got a grow its hard not to show off your babys

--------------------

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Is this safe? [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #356326 - 02/01/10 04:46 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Why is it that you can't do this in your own house??  Because you live with your parents maybe??  Regardless this sounds like a horrible idea.  It also sounds like your talking about too much already.  Not a good thing to do man.  First rule to doing this hobby is to not tell anyone.  You've already broken it before you even started. 

Once you have a place of your own and can keep quiet about it is when you should start.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Is this safe? [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #356327 - 02/01/10 04:50 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, bad idea. You're already having reservations and you haven't even started yet. Personally, I wouldn't grow with ANYONE but that's just me. Maybe my girlfriend (who was my best friend for like 6 years before we started dating), but she doesn't grow or smoke. :yesnod:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

InvisibleNightGrower
Proficient Horticulturist
Male

#356333 - 02/01/10 07:28 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

You are better off trusting your friend who bought the HPS light before involving a third party whose only involvement will be his residence. Plus, you sound young, so no offense but the probability of this slipping just to impress an individual you will probably never see again is through the roof! Adolescence is for the wicked and misguided

--------------------
Learn of Terence Mckenna. Check out the Shroomery to learn more about what one man did for mushies. Thank you, Terence.

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Is this safe? [Re: NightGrower]
    #356360 - 02/01/10 11:08 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

What can I say that hasn't already been said.

NO!

95/100 times if you tell someone about your operation, you'll show up to find either a bunch of holes in the ground, or a bunch of pots with snipped stems, or worst case scenario they rat you out and you get butt raped in jail.

Don't tell ANYONE unless you would trust them with your life.  I only choose my 2 friends from a very young age to share this with, and only because they have always been a part of it and they don't tell a single person.  We all used to grow together and have separated and do our own things now, and that is the only reason I can trust them with such precious information.  I've seen grows pull out the worst in people.  You would be surprised what a pothead who can't score a bag will do when there is a grow they know of.  Kiss those colas goodbye!

/rant

Just don't do it, and if you do want to grow, find a way to do it at your place, such as a stealth PC grow or a small closet cab.  Have fun hiding a 250!

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineKine
Re: Is this safe? [Re: Inverted]
    #356361 - 02/01/10 11:09 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Go read my thread about my roommate taking all my shit and see if you still want to...

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #356433 - 02/01/10 01:45 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

NO. To many people already know. Plus what everyone else has said.

Grow safe, stay free.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineDJ_avocado
myco-botanist
 User Gallery

Re: Is this safe? [Re: KaptKid]
    #356475 - 02/01/10 03:38 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I think you should do it...makes sense, you have a light and he has a place.  AND WITH YOUR POWERS COMBINED, oh wait....Noooooo don't do it, I was thinking of cartoons again.  This is real life.  Hey, if he's a cool guy...

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: Is this safe? [Re: DJ_avocado]
    #356567 - 02/01/10 07:47 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Man, What if you wanna go check on your babies once a day?  What if he's not home?  Would he water them or fuck them up?

If that guy lived alone, and gave you a key to his house, maybe..

Also I notice your buddy must be going around asking friends if they have grow spaces?  Isn't that the same as telling everyone?

OfflineDJ_avocado
myco-botanist
 User Gallery

Re: Is this safe? [Re: DudeTron]
    #356581 - 02/01/10 08:31 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DudeTron said:
Also I notice your buddy must be going around asking friends if they have grow spaces?  Isn't that the same as telling everyone?

aw man...keep it small.  I haven't told anyone except a couple other grow buddies and my cuz.  And I regret telling him pretty sure he told his friend.  :psycrankey: WTF!

Maybe this dude is cool.  :confused:  But I wouldn't consider it if he was the sort of guy that would blab...or kill a plant...it could work but just BE VERY CAREFUL.  Also, how do you divide up the buds?  Electricity bill? Other shit you gots to buy???

Offlinelibertaire
Stranger

Re: Is this safe? [Re: DJ_avocado]
    #377717 - 03/03/10 11:18 AM (14 years, 28 days ago)

Yea man, this shit was way too risky.  He's still trying to find a place, but I don't feel like being a part of it any more.  If we had our own place, like we used to, it would be perfect, but it's kind of ridiculous to think you can safely grow bud without your own hideout.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag