Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Marijuana Wine.
    #238083 - 06/09/09 05:40 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I recently found a recipe for it, and I think I am going to try it. I will post it below for all you current growers to look at.

Almost any fruit or plant material can be used as a base for wine making, and the marijuana plant is no exception. Marijuana wine is alcoholic, as all wines are. The basic fermentation process converts the natural and added sugars to alcohol. Marijuana wine contains about 13% alcohol when the following process is followed.

The big bonus that puts marijuana wine in a class by itself is tetrahydrocannabinol. THC, the active ingredient that gets you stoned, is soluble in alcohol. Therefore, as the wine ferments, alcohol is formed which dissolves the active THC from the marijuana. That THC then becomes part of the wine. The amount of THC in your wine depends on the amount and quality of the marijuana used in the wine-making process.

Ingredients:

1. A minimum of four ounces of stems are needed. One-half to one pound is preferred. As much leaf material as you like can be used ...it makes the wine even better, but stems alone, which are usually thrown out, will make an excellent wine. DO NOT use seeds in the wine as they are very oily, contain no THC and cause a bad flavor.

2. Two fresh oranges and one lemon

3. 2½ to 3 lbs of white or turbinado sugar or 3 lbs of refined or natural sugar can be used. A mixture of honey and sugar can also be used just so it totals 3 lbs. This amount of sugars produces a wine that is just barely dry with a nice mellow flavor. If a sweeter wine is preferred, ½ lb more sugar is used; for a drier wine, ½ lb less sugar.

4. One cake of fresh active yeast (not the dry yeast)

Equipment:

1. 2 -one gallon jugs with caps

2. Several smaller bottles (Grolsh bottles work killer)

3. A 3 ft length of plastic tubing

4. Some old nylon stockings or pieces of muslin

Preparation:

1. Stuff the stems and leaves into the gallon jug. The more, the better!

2. Squeeze the juice from the oranges and lemon, strain and pour into the jug stuffed with stems. Canned or frozen juices should not be used as they contain preservatives and the wine will not ferment properly.

3. Heat 2 or 3 quarts of water to near boiling (do not use an aluminum pan). Completely dissolve the sugar or honey into the hot water

4. Pour the hot water with the sugars completely dissolved into the jug of stems. Cap the jug, shake well, loosen the cap, and set the jug aside to cool to room temperature.

5. Then, in a small amount of luke-warm water (not hot) dissolve one entire cake of yeast. It may take considerable stirring, but the yeast must be completely dissolved. Use more water if necessary.

CAUTION: Before proceeding with the next step, make sure the jug has cooled completely!

6. Pour the yeast solution into the jug, cap, shake well, and immediately remove the cap. Fill the jug to within 2 to 3 inches from the top with cool water. Be sure to leave several inches of space at the top of the jug or it will overflow when fermentation begins. Place the cap loosely on the jug.

7. Place the jug on several thicknesses of newspapers and put it in a dark place. The back of a closet is ideal. The contents of the jug will begin fermenting vigorously within a few hours. Often some of the liquid will bubble out of the jug, especially when the jug is filled too full. Just wipe it up and change the newspapers. DO NOT ADD MORE WATER!

This superactive fermentation lasts for several days. During this time it is helpful to open the jug and push the marijuana down with a clean stick or wooden spoon. Be sure to replace the cap loosely.

8. Allow fermentation to continue for 2 weeks. During this time bubbles will be rising continuously through the stems. Add small amounts of cool water during this 2 week interval to gradually fill the jug. At the same time, push the marijuana down as before. Always replace the cap loosely.

9. The total fermentation time varies, but the average time is 4 weeks. The active fermentation of the first few weeks will gradually get slower and slower until it stops. To check for completion of fermentation tip the jug slightly back and forth. If no bubbles rise up through the stems, the fermentation is complete. DO NOT SHAKE THE JUG AT THIS TIME.

Bottling and Aging:

When the fermentation is complete, carefully move the jug as not to disturb the sediment on the bottom. A sink counter is a good place to work. Insert the plastic tubing down the inside of the jug to about 1 inch from the bottom. Siphon (start by sucking on the tube) the contents into another clean glass jug. At this time it's best to allow the wine to pass through several layers of clean nylon stocking or muslin before allowing it to enter the second jug. This will remove particles that may come through while siphoning. The wine will look murky at this time.

Discard the fermenting jug with it's stems. It's best to cap it, put it in a paper bag and throw the whole thing out. Take the new jug of wine, cap it loosely and put it back in the dark place. Gradually the wine will become clear and a layer of sediment will form on the bottom. DO NOT DISTURB THE JUG AT THIS TIME.

Allow it to settle and clarify in this fashion for one month then, being very careful not to disturb the sediment on the bottom, carry the jug back to the sink counter.

Rinse several fifth (or Grolsch) bottles in boiling water. Carefully siphon the wine from the jug through several layers of nylon or muslin, as before being careful not to disturb the sediment on the bottom. When the bottles are filled, cork or cap them tightly. Seal the cap or cork with electrical tape or melted wax.

The wine is now ready to drink (if you're too eager), but it's going to taste nasty. It's best to put the bottles back in their dark place. The longer they are aged in this manner, the clearer, smoother and more mellow this wine will become (I highly recommend aging at least 6 months). Note: the wine will never be as crystal clear as a commercial wine, as this is a natural wine with no chemicals added.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebobby
TheKushFiles
Male User Gallery

Loc: upper sedimentary rock
Re: Marijuana Wine. [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #238106 - 06/09/09 07:12 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I'm totally on board!:hotidea:

--------------------

Offlinejrjr54321
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana Wine. [Re: bobby]
    #238125 - 06/09/09 08:50 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

please let us know how it tastes. sounds cool. perfect bottle of wine to bring when u go to dinner at ur girlfriends parents house for the first time for dinner huh.. lol

--------------------
Just as an FYI, I'm probably posting from work on my cell-phone so please forgive the typos.

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Re: Marijuana Wine. [Re: jrjr54321]
    #238161 - 06/09/09 11:56 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I'm going to totally get my girl to make this. She has been looking into wine making for about 6 months now, and with our hobbies combined, super wine! alright. If this works as we are led to believe, i will post how it went.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana Wine. [Re: Integra21]
    #239393 - 06/13/09 08:55 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I am currently contemplating the effects of using shroom tea as the water used in the brewing process, I just don't know what effect it would have on the shroom part of the brew,

If all my research says it will work I will do it. I will also post the effects.

--------------------

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #239532 - 06/14/09 09:47 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
I am currently contemplating the effects of using shroom tea as the water used in the brewing process, I just don't know what effect it would have on the shroom part of the brew,

If all my research says it will work I will do it. I will also post the effects.

awsome! that would be one trippy drink!!!!

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana Wine. [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #239953 - 06/15/09 06:22 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:

awsome! that would be one trippy drink!!!!

Update, I will either brew with fresh mushrooms, since you can brew the fruit bodies fresh, or; alternatively, I will get some mushrooms that are dry enough to just turn into powder, and add them to the brew after the first time I strain them, and leave them in for that part of the brewing. I can't find a recipe for the so I am going to mess around with the chemistry, do a little research and post the recipe as an alternate recipe, and most likely there will be a third recipe just for brewing with fresh fruit bodies. I am going to have to say though; Home grow the shrooms, You don't want to buy bunk shrooms, and not find out for 6 months and have a disappointing night.

--------------------

OfflineNoviseer
Stranger
    #265407 - 08/14/09 07:52 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

bunk shrooms are rare and should be easy to spot.

nevertheless, of course, growing mushrooms is god's work :wink:

InvisibleNightGrower
Proficient Horticulturist
Male

Re: Marijuana Wine. [Re: Noviseer]
    #352310 - 01/23/10 12:16 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I am starting this project and wanted to know a couple of things:

1. where are the updates, this thread is golden. Think Napa Valley... gone green!

2. Did you ever figure out if mushrooms were good to use and what percent/time frame/application?

3. You mentioned a pound would be preferred, what if you have 5 or 6 pounds on hand? Should I use a 5 gal bucket and mix it all in one bucket or keep it to 1 pound per jug/bucket?

Would love an answer as I am working on getting the fresh yeast as I type

--------------------
Learn of Terence Mckenna. Check out the Shroomery to learn more about what one man did for mushies. Thank you, Terence.

Edited by NightGrower (01/23/10 12:17 PM)

InvisibleNightGrower
Male

Re: Marijuana Wine. [Re: NightGrower]
    #352340 - 01/23/10 01:39 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Scratch that, I can't find any local vendors who sell Fresh Yeast, even the bakery down the street has switched to dry yeast.

Are there alternatives?

--------------------
Learn of Terence Mckenna. Check out the Shroomery to learn more about what one man did for mushies. Thank you, Terence.

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#352428 - 01/23/10 05:53 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

NightGrower said:
I am starting this project and wanted to know a couple of things:

1. where are the updates, this thread is golden. Think Napa Valley... gone green!

2. Did you ever figure out if mushrooms were good to use and what percent/time frame/application?

3. You mentioned a pound would be preferred, what if you have 5 or 6 pounds on hand? Should I use a 5 gal bucket and mix it all in one bucket or keep it to 1 pound per jug/bucket?

Would love an answer as I am working on getting the fresh yeast as I type

The recipe was talking specifically about stems. so 1/4-1lb of stems. If you use leaves than It would be a lot less material. I haven't gotten a chance to start this. I am actually ordering some glass bottles online in a few months.

Check out The Home Brewery for supplies, including yeast.

--------------------

InvisibleNightGrower
Male

#352501 - 01/23/10 10:54 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Oh boy, well.... I started 2 gallons of this stuff. Managed to find fresh cake yeast and I used 1/2lb of trim per gallon. This is going to make some seriously strong wine.

I plan on aging it for the min. 6 months mentioned in the recipe. If I like it, bottle it and go, but if not, at least I have another gallon that can be aged longer... would be nice to say I have a 2010-bottle of wine for next Christmas. Deck the halls!

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#352602 - 01/24/10 10:01 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

NightGrower said:
Oh boy, well.... I started 2 gallons of this stuff. Managed to find fresh cake yeast and I used 1/2lb of trim per gallon. This is going to make some seriously strong wine.

I plan on aging it for the min. 6 months mentioned in the recipe. If I like it, bottle it and go, but if not, at least I have another gallon that can be aged longer... would be nice to say I have a 2010-bottle of wine for next Christmas. Deck the halls!

Yea, I have talked with my dad and we are going to build a sectioned off area in my closet for brewing.

I plan on fermenting 5 gallons at a time.

--------------------

InvisibleNightGrower
Male

#352762 - 01/24/10 06:51 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Quote:

NightGrower said:

Yea, I have talked with my dad and we are going to build a sectioned off area in my closet for brewing.

I plan on fermenting 5 gallons at a time.

Sounds great! Is the recipe for 5 gallons just the same recipe times 5? If so, that does seem like the way to go.

Lets keep it posted, I will post pics at the finish of the fermentation.
Good Luck

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#352904 - 01/25/10 06:47 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

5 1 gallon containers. I will post my sketch of the design here later today. to busy getting ready for school (wake n' baking) to post it now.

it is "around" 3 ft tall and 3x3 base.

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Loc: The Hall of Doom
    #357847 - 02/04/10 10:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I hate to be a downer but I would be very surprised if the above recipe wasn't contaminated in a very short while.  Before I was ever a shroom guy or a weed guy I was a beer/hard cider guy.  I have been brewing beer since the early 90s.  As with shroom cultivation sanitation is key in brewing.  Else wise you wind up with bacteria in your brew and that aint good for anybody.  I suggest you try brewing a litle cider and beer first before you jump right into making weed wine.  Learn the basics.  You'll save yourself from wasting valuable materials.  Consider this analogus to doing PF cakes before to jumping into some agar work and cloning etc. 

Also the kind of yeast you are talking about using isn't what I would call ideal for brewing.  There are thousands of strains of yeast out there and each have unique properties that make them desirable.  Do a little research, visit a brewing supply store, get some of their literature.

Another thing I would suggest buying a plastic primary phase one fermentor and a few really good airlocks.  Don't get the cheap ones they suck.  Then get a good phase two firmentor bucket with a spigot on the bottom.  Trust me you'll thank me for that. 

Finally for bottling get the 1L EZ cap bottles.  Man they are so much easer.  It makes a two man job a one man job.  I'll never go back to capping or corking. 

One more suggestion.  Rather than dicking around with that shitty hooch above why not put your weed sticks and leaves buds into some organic cider.  Steap that all together to kill the germs and wild yeasts in the air.  And start from there.  If you want it sweeter get some lactose at the brewing place.  Lactose isn't eaten by the yeast and so it keeps the drink sweet without pushing the alcohol content up or giving your drink the watered down flavor that adding refined sugars will. 

As usual educating yourself is key here.

I hope I didn't come off sounding like a dick.  I'm really just trying to help.  Also I'm pretty high right now so if none of this makes sense.... fuck it.  I'll laugh about it tomorrow.

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana Wine. [Re: chucklehead]
    #359295 - 02/07/10 02:29 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

chucklehead said:
I hate to be a downer but I would be very surprised if the above recipe wasn't contaminated in a very short while.  Before I was ever a shroom guy or a weed guy I was a beer/hard cider guy.  I have been brewing beer since the early 90s.  As with shroom cultivation sanitation is key in brewing.  Else wise you wind up with bacteria in your brew and that aint good for anybody.  I suggest you try brewing a litle cider and beer first before you jump right into making weed wine.  Learn the basics.  You'll save yourself from wasting valuable materials.  Consider this analogus to doing PF cakes before to jumping into some agar work and cloning etc. 

Also the kind of yeast you are talking about using isn't what I would call ideal for brewing.  There are thousands of strains of yeast out there and each have unique properties that make them desirable.  Do a little research, visit a brewing supply store, get some of their literature.

Another thing I would suggest buying a plastic primary phase one fermentor and a few really good airlocks.  Don't get the cheap ones they suck.  Then get a good phase two firmentor bucket with a spigot on the bottom.  Trust me you'll thank me for that. 

Finally for bottling get the 1L EZ cap bottles.  Man they are so much easer.  It makes a two man job a one man job.  I'll never go back to capping or corking. 

One more suggestion.  Rather than dicking around with that shitty hooch above why not put your weed sticks and leaves buds into some organic cider.  Steap that all together to kill the germs and wild yeasts in the air.  And start from there.  If you want it sweeter get some lactose at the brewing place.  Lactose isn't eaten by the yeast and so it keeps the drink sweet without pushing the alcohol content up or giving your drink the watered down flavor that adding refined sugars will. 

As usual educating yourself is key here.

I hope I didn't come off sounding like a dick.  I'm really just trying to help.  Also I'm pretty high right now so if none of this makes sense.... fuck it.  I'll laugh about it tomorrow.

Well my dad has known how to make wine since before the 70s.
So I think I'm pretty fine since I live at home, and can just ask him: "hey am I doing it right?"

--------------------

Offlinechucklehead
Super Villian
Male

Loc: The Hall of Doom
    #359322 - 02/07/10 03:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

:super:

Good Luck man.  You are lucky to have someone around to help you.  I had to learn it all the hard way.

:wineswim:

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana Wine. [Re: chucklehead]
    #359834 - 02/08/10 07:10 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

chucklehead said:
:super:

Good Luck man.  You are lucky to have someone around to help you.  I had to learn it all the hard way.

:wineswim:

I agree, I have had a few people other than him that do it. But I figured to just ask him one day when we were burnin one.

--------------------

OfflinePhilAMon
Stranger
    #419232 - 05/17/10 11:29 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I definitely want to try that

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals