Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
Sooo.. maybe you've had someone give you a dropper of tincture at a concert or festival.. or you've heard of people drinking their pot..
First, equipment you'll need...
-Coffee Grinder -2 Canning jars, or other vessels w/ tight fitting lid. Size depends on how much you want to make.. they need to be the same size, though. -Coffee filters -Funnel
Now, what you do with it:
1) Gather up some extra stems/leaf, if you know someone or can collect over a large period of time.. or get a quantity of bud, any quality, but remember what you put in is what you'll get out in terms of taste and enjoyment.
2) Find some high proof alcohol. I prefer Devil's Springs vodka, 160 proof. Everclear or even 151 would work.. though 151 would kill the tast of your pot.. could be good if you went with schwag.
3) Grind up your plant matter, preferrably w/ a coffee grinder or food processor of some sort.
4) Put the ground pot into your canning jar. I usually do a quart at a time, w/ about 10-14g of ground, quality beasters or outdoors. Fill the jar to the neck w/ your alcohol of choice and screw the lid on tight.
5) Shake the jar for at least a minute, no more than a couple.
6) Place the jar on a shelf at room temperature and let sit for at least 2 weeks. One month is much better. Give the jar an occasional shake and crack the top every few days...
7) After the time is up, pull your jar down from it's shelf. It should be a dark, dark green color. Line the funnel w/ a coffee filter and use it to strain your alcohol into your empty jar. I toss the leftovers.. you could conveivably use it again to make butter.
Now you have clean, filtered THC tincture!!
You can do two things, now:
1) leave as is. Dispense 1/8-1oz amounts as desired. I find that 1-2 fl oz of tincture made from beasters or better, mixed w/ about 20oz of mixer.. sipped over the course of 10-12 hrs is quite effective.
2) Leave the top of your jar off for a couple days.. allow the tincture to evaporate a little and concentrate. You can let this go pretty far. Shake the jar up every once in a while to get the residue off the sides. Reducing by 1/4-1/2 is plenty.. anything more is unnecessary. The concentrate will be *very* potent. A
Get your hands on an herbal supplement bottle and it's easy to transport, easy to take, in either form.