Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

Lungs
    #347292 - 01/13/10 08:53 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

How fucked do you think yours are?

I've been coughing up specks of black stuff (sometimes more like giant globs) for the better part of the last 2 years and from what I understand it's a good thing. When your lungs are given time to rest they attempt to repair themselves and the tiny cilia that are coated in tar stand up and begin expelling the gunk. I've been spitting a lot lately but if my body is trying to get rid of something I'd rather not just swallow it back down.

I've noticed it's a lot more prevalent in the mornings and continues throughout the day until I smoke anything and then it returns to just a yellowish phlegm. Kind of like my body just temporarily regresses after being reintroduced to smoke and gives up on healing itself. This began when I quit smoking cigarettes but I definitely notice smoking weed is a major contributing factor. I've read plenty about how marijuana smoke isn't as harmful as cigarette smoke and that thc can actually negate some of the carcinogenic effects of smoking but I guess I'm just realizing this stuff still takes it's toll, especially if you smoke yourself retarded with it.

Like I said, been coughing shit up for about 2 years now and I'm kind of wondering when it's ever going to end.. which also leads me to wonder just how exactly filled up with tar my lungs must be.

Been smoking weed for 9 years, 5 on the daily, smoked a pack a day for 3 years and have had 1-3 loosies every couple of months since.
How long have you been poking smot?
You may choose only one
Cigarettes?
You may choose only one
Do you feel your habits have durastically affected your lung capacity?
You may choose only one
Do you even care one way or another?
You may choose only one
PSSSAWAAAAAAHH!!
You may choose many
Zack or Slater?
You may choose only one
Kelly or Jesse?
You may choose only one
Lounge pants or leisure suits?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (01/13/10 08:46 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll | Filter by response

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: Lungs [Re: elcharrosays]
    #347297 - 01/13/10 08:56 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I don't smoke Ciggs. You should of added the 0 option.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oaktown to NOLA
    #347303 - 01/13/10 09:00 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

That is gross.  Exactly how much weed do you smoke that you have resin coming up into your mouth?

Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

Re: Lungs [Re: SmOakland]
    #347318 - 01/13/10 09:08 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
I don't smoke Ciggs. You should of added the 0 option.

mah bad ah fucked up. my first poll :bigblunt:

Quote:

SmOakland said:
That is gross.  Exactly how much weed do you smoke that you have resin coming up into your mouth?

Next time you smoke a bowl hold a napkin/paper towel up to your mouth and exhale every hit through it. Shit really builds up.

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

#347321 - 01/13/10 09:15 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

How much do you smoke in a day though?

Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

#347332 - 01/13/10 09:28 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Lately only 2-3 bowls a day since I've been trying to cut down but previously you know just from wakenbake to smokeyourselfunconcious.

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

#347346 - 01/13/10 09:45 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

So like a gram?  And you smoke one cigarette a month?  That is weird that you are coughing up shit dude.  I'm no medical professional but I would suggest taking a break for a while.  I bet if you quit for a week and started up again your lungs will stop excreting black shit in the mornings.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #347351 - 01/13/10 09:48 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

you could have mold in the house you are living in that's affecting your breathing :shrug:

--------------------

Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

Re: Lungs [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #347354 - 01/13/10 09:51 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hey actually I lived in an apartment with mold for a year but I know jack shit about symptoms. Started way before living there though.

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#347356 - 01/13/10 09:52 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

yeah i have mold underneath my house now. we're actually in the process of getting rid of it. i'm not sure about symptoms or anything either.

--------------------

OfflineSmOakland
Now with Grow!
Male User Gallery

#347358 - 01/13/10 09:54 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

This some House M.D. shit right hurrrrrr

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#347360 - 01/13/10 09:54 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

coke?

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #347371 - 01/13/10 10:31 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

why not just go to a doc and tell em u want to get some tests to see how your lungs are doing since you are a smoker.  I have been coughing up mucus and blood for a couple weeks now.  Not years, and nothing black.  I think its because i took 8 days off from smoking and came back and just tore my lungs all up with blunts and hash like the dopeman does.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Invisibleusg543
◕‿◕

Re: Lungs [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #347400 - 01/13/10 11:50 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:feelsgoodman:

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Loc: traveling
Re: Lungs [Re: usg543]
    #347404 - 01/14/10 12:07 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Ahhh good another lungs topic, I like these...

I'm a chronic asthmatic, so bad that I'm lucky to have made it past childhood.

Stupid I know, but I smoked cigarettes from age 17-20, which of course did nothing bud harm.  I smoked shwag from age 16-18.  At 18 I started only smoking medicinal quality cannabis.  I saw a drastic improvement from age 18-20 as a result of the medicinal cannabis AND routine exercise.  Tobacco really held me back from progressing so I quit that shit at age 20.

Now at age 22, two years of routine exercise and only using medicinal cannabis, I can without a doubt say that I have won the battle of the 'asthma wars'.  Within the past year I've bought a vaporizer(vriptech, search the smoke lounge I posted about it) and this has done nothing but wonders, simply fantastic.  I smoke my herb occasionally, some buds are just better smoked, but I strongly believe that cannabis has relieved my sickness.  I can't say it has cured me(doctor says there's no cure for asthma yet) but as of about 6 months ago I've used my inhaler 2 times and that was just because I was doing some major dusting.  That's a big leap from childhood... about 20 inhalers puffs daily, two pills and some liquid meds daily, powder inhalants, shots, breathing machines, hospital visits...

medical cannabis FTW
vaporizers FTW

moral of the post...
quit smoking tobacco, use a bunch of herb and get off your ass and get outside and be healthy!

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Lungs [Re: Fox]
    #347442 - 01/14/10 06:49 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Fox said:
Ahhh good another lungs topic, I like these...

I'm a chronic asthmatic, so bad that I'm lucky to have made it past childhood.

Stupid I know, but I smoked cigarettes from age 17-20, which of course did nothing bud harm.  I smoked shwag from age 16-18.  At 18 I started only smoking medicinal quality cannabis.  I saw a drastic improvement from age 18-20 as a result of the medicinal cannabis AND routine exercise.  Tobacco really held me back from progressing so I quit that shit at age 20.

Now at age 22, two years of routine exercise and only using medicinal cannabis, I can without a doubt say that I have won the battle of the 'asthma wars'.  Within the past year I've bought a vaporizer(vriptech, search the smoke lounge I posted about it) and this has done nothing but wonders, simply fantastic.  I smoke my herb occasionally, some buds are just better smoked, but I strongly believe that cannabis has relieved my sickness.  I can't say it has cured me(doctor says there's no cure for asthma yet) but as of about 6 months ago I've used my inhaler 2 times and that was just because I was doing some major dusting.  That's a big leap from childhood... about 20 inhalers puffs daily, two pills and some liquid meds daily, powder inhalants, shots, breathing machines, hospital visits...

medical cannabis FTW
vaporizers FTW

moral of the post...
quit smoking tobacco, use a bunch of herb and get off your ass and get outside and be healthy!

Asthma does indeed suck.

Mine stopped acting up after 3 years of cross country and one of wrestling.

It's getting harder to breath now, so I'm starting to work out.

At least it isn't Cystic fibrosis. One of my friends from highschool has that.

--------------------

OfflineHomosapian
DMT
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austin , TX
Re: Lungs [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #347446 - 01/14/10 06:56 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

INVALID POLL , HOW ABOUT IF YOU HAVE BEEN SMOKING FOR LESS THAN 1 YEAR ? ( LIKE MYSELF :mad2:) and 2nd i WILL NEVER TOUCH CIGS.. seriously i rather do heroin or meth.

--------------------

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Re: Lungs [Re: Homosapian]
    #347447 - 01/14/10 07:00 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Homosapian said:
INVALID POLL , HOW ABOUT IF YOU HAVE BEEN SMOKING FOR LESS THAN 1 YEAR ? ( LIKE MYSELF :mad2:) and 2nd i WILL NEVER TOUCH CIGS.. seriously i rather do heroin or meth.

Ironically I hate meff, and I have smoked just as much meff as cigs. One hit.

--------------------

OfflineHomosapian
DMT
Male User Gallery

#347448 - 01/14/10 07:20 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

why in the world would you smoke meff :sad:

--------------------

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
    #347449 - 01/14/10 07:23 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I can understand why people smoke meth

but I dont understand cigs

even though I smoke myself.... not for much longer

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

#347454 - 01/14/10 07:47 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

elcharrosays said:
How fucked do you think yours are?

I've been coughing up specks of black stuff (sometimes more like giant globs) for the better part of the last 2 years and from what I understand it's a good thing. When your lungs are given time to rest they attempt to repair themselves and the tiny cilia that are coated in tar stand up and begin expelling the gunk. I've been spitting a lot lately but if my body is trying to get rid of something I'd rather not just swallow it back down.

I've noticed it's a lot more prevalent in the mornings and continues throughout the day until I smoke anything and then it returns to just a yellowish phlegm. Kind of like my body just temporarily regresses after being reintroduced to smoke and gives up on healing itself. This began when I quit smoking cigarettes but I definitely notice smoking weed is a major contributing factor. I've read plenty about how marijuana smoke isn't as harmful as cigarette smoke and that thc can actually negate some of the carcinogenic effects of smoking but I guess I'm just realizing this stuff still takes it's toll, especially if you smoke yourself retarded with it.

Like I said, been coughing shit up for about 2 years now and I'm kind of wondering when it's ever going to end.. which also leads me to wonder just how exactly filled up with tar my lungs must be.

Been smoking weed for 9 years, 5 on the daily, smoked a pack a day for 3 years and have had 1-3 loosies every couple of months since.

congradulations you officially talked me into buying a valcanoand It only took the first paragraph. I dont smoke cigs but maybe once a year, a few cigars here and there and smoke pot maybe once or twice every other weekend for the past 6 years, I like to keep my tolerance down so I get more from less and well after what I read in your post.. fuck that.

OfflineHomosapian
DMT
Male User Gallery

Re: Lungs [Re: FrozenReality]
    #347455 - 01/14/10 07:54 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

you would not say that if 60% of the population smoked meth... like they do cigs.

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#347456 - 01/14/10 08:08 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I don't smoke cigs so I'm not really sure.  I'm sure my lung capacity has gone down some what but I've never coughed up any black shit or had any problems breathing.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#347457 - 01/14/10 08:08 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Fuck double post.  I thought the growery was supposed to prevent this from happening.

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

Edited by THEBats (01/14/10 08:09 AM)

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

#347463 - 01/14/10 08:32 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Homosapian said:
why in the world would you smoke meff :sad:

Because a guy with an assault rifle told me if I didn't hit it I was a NARC.

Good reason in my book.

My uncle/cousins lives were ruined by meth, it was quite a blow to have to do it psychologically.

But shit happens.

--------------------

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
    #347470 - 01/14/10 08:44 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I've read that living within a mile of a major interstate highway can alone cause up to 1% loss of lung function per year...

Then there's the dust, mold and allergens too.

Unless you're a total health nut, there's probably just as much other shit going on with your lungs than just smoking anyway...

I recently switched to american spirits though, so I'll probably live forever now.

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Re: Lungs [Re: DudeTron]
    #347474 - 01/14/10 08:49 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

FrozenReality said:
you officially talked me into buying a valcano

Check out www.fuckcombustion.com and do some research if you don't feel like spending 500 bucks on a vape.  Some really good options are discussed there.  Purple Days, Silver Surfer, Vriptech, Arizer, and they're all hundreds of dollars less.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Re: Lungs [Re: 81renaissance]
    #347525 - 01/14/10 11:40 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

81renaissance said:
Quote:

FrozenReality said:
you officially talked me into buying a valcano

Check out www.fuckcombustion.com and do some research if you don't feel like spending 500 bucks on a vape.  Some really good options are discussed there.  Purple Days, Silver Surfer, Vriptech, Arizer, and they're all hundreds of dollars less.

yes indeed do your research first.  Volcano's for some reason are viewed as the Holy Grail of vaporizers, which I thought so too until I started looking at other options.

fuckcombustion is a wonderful resource, after you do your research there PM me and I'd be happy to assist you in finding the vaporizer that's right for your needs if that forum doesn't answer your questions.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
    #347530 - 01/14/10 11:57 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I have a silver surfer and it rocks :thumbup:

vaporizing definitely is a different high than smoking though, and a lot of people don't really like that

--------------------

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

Re: Lungs [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #347532 - 01/14/10 12:03 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

true, but the type of high is also largely dependent on the type of vaporizer used, method of vaporizing, and quality of cannabis used.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

#347533 - 01/14/10 12:04 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

hmmm... do any vapes have a similar high as smoking? my SS is a much more clear headed high, but sometimes it's way too light for me. if I'm looking to get baked it's just not really possible with that utensil

--------------------

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#347535 - 01/14/10 12:08 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

does the SS have a variable temperature setting?

If so, you might be setting it too low.  Having a low setting, depending on how efficient the vape is, will only vaporize THC which will account for that clear head high.  Crank the temperature up and you will effectively vaporize the majority of THC and also CBD and CBN, among other cannabinoids that are responsible for the "baked" high.

THC has a lower boiling point than most other cannabinoids.

--------------------

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
    #347537 - 01/14/10 12:09 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

kelly and slater brah, slater and kelly.

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

#347544 - 01/14/10 12:20 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

it does have variable temp, but it's touchy. sometimes it's too hot and the weed will actually ignite, which obviously is not the goal

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

Re: Lungs [Re: MFDoom666]
    #347550 - 01/14/10 12:25 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MFDoom666 said:
kelly and slater brah, slater and kelly.

:rofldrunk:

zack and jesse bitch

--------------------

OfflineMFDoom666
trash hoarder
Male User Gallery

Loc: emerica
    #347551 - 01/14/10 12:26 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:finger:

--------------------

FurrowedBrow said:

They should teach african engineering at the college level.  mcgyver 101

Harry_Ba11sach said:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

Re: Lungs [Re: MFDoom666]
    #347552 - 01/14/10 12:26 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

:rofl:

screech and lisa :lmafo:

--------------------

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#347553 - 01/14/10 12:30 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

you might have to do a bit of experimentation.

If you can get a thermometer and make an accurate reading, this guide should help you:

Phytocannabinoids, their boiling points, and properties

Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD)
Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

cannabichromene (CBC)
Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

Δ-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ-8-THC)
Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Resembles Δ-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)
Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

Terpenoid essential oils, their boiling points, and properties

β-myrcene
Boiling point: 166-168*C / 330.8-334.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Analgesic. Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antimutagenic

β-caryophyllene
Boiling point: 119*C / 246.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Cytoprotective (gastric mucosa), Antimalarial

d-limonene
Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Cannabinoid agonist?, Immune potentiator, Antidepressant, Antimutagenic

linalool
Boiling point: 198*C / 388.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Sedative, Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, Immune potentiator

pulegone
Boiling point: 224*C / 435.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Memory booster?, AChE inhibitor, Sedative, Antipyretic

1,8-cineole (eucalyptol)
Boiling point: 176*C / 348.8 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: AChE inhibitor, Increases cerebral, blood flow, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antiviral, Antiinflammatory, Antinociceptive

α-pinene
Boiling point: 156*C / 312.8 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Bronchodilator, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antineoplastic, AChE inhibitor

α-terpineol
Boiling point: 217-218*C / 422.6-424.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Sedative, Antibiotic, AChE inhibitor, Antioxidant, Antimalarial

terpineol-4-ol
Boiling point: 209*C / 408.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: AChE inhibitor. Antibiotic

p-cymene
Properties: Antibiotic, Anticandidal, AChE inhibitor

borneol
Boiling point: 210*C / 410 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antibiotic, Δ-3-carene 0.004% 168 Antiinflammatory

Δ-3-carene
Boiling point: 168*C / 334.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory

Flavonoid and phytosterol components, their boiling points, and properties

apigenin
Boiling point: 178*C / 352.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Antiinflammatory, Estrogenic

quercetin
Boiling point: 250*C / 482 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antioxidant, Antimutagenic, Antiviral, Antineoplastic

cannflavin A
Boiling point: 182*C / 359.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: COX inhibitor, LO inhibitor

β-sitosterol
Boiling point: 134*C / 273.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, 5-α-reductase, inhibitor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want a vaporized high very similar to a combusted high, you need to try and get the heat setting just a hair under actually igniting the herb.  However this does in fact negate the use of a vaporizer because the closer to ignition the more toxins you release.  Turn the heat up to just before ignition and take a big hit, blow the vapor cloud into a light and observe the color... it should have a blue hue to it.  That would be benzene, a nasty chemical.  Turn the heat down slightly and you will see the blue disappear, meaning the benzene is left behind in the plant matter.

Keep this in mind though, something that many people overlook when considering vaporizers...  Igniting cannabis actually lets out toxins that cause lethargy, which is a big precursor to the "baked" feeling.  Add on top of that using a butane lighter and flint smoke, you ingest a lot of nasty chemicals that all work together to produce certain effects.  Just as you would essentially get a different high if you use matches or a wic rather than a lighter... do you ever see any connoisseur cigar smokers using bic lighter? no way!  When you make the leap to vaporizing, you're cutting out a significant amount of toxins, most of the ones which cause lethargy.  This indeed gives you a much clearer high, so it's not possible to get 100% the same high from vaping than you would from smoking.  It's a trade-off.  The wonderful thing about vaporizing is that once you have the technique down and you understand the workings of the whole system, you can essentially pick the kind of high you want.  Would you like a clean, "up" wake-n-bake, how about a locked on the couch stone, a high good for outdoor sports...?  it's great fun!

--------------------

InvisibleShr0000ooooms
Cannabis Sampler

Loc: Hindu Kush Mountains
    #347574 - 01/14/10 01:41 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Why didn't you add a stal to the cigarette one?

--------------------
If I'm posting I'm high.

Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

#347576 - 01/14/10 01:43 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

holy shit man I've been looking for a breakdown like that for years

:bow2:  :bow2:  :bow2:

but yeah regularly vaporized weed definitely lacks that certain je ne sais quoi. Feels a lot like the difference between sativa and indica, vaporizing feels a lot more heady and not so much body stone. I've always just attributed it to the fact that you're only vaping THC and a lot of the extra cannabinoids are left behind in the duff. I always save my vaped weed to either bake with or smoke when ridiculously desperate.

vaping is awesome but a lot of the time you just really want that full spectrum high and the sensation of smoke is a major part of the ritual.

--------------------

Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

Re: Lungs [Re: Shr0000ooooms]
    #347580 - 01/14/10 01:45 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shr0000ooooms said:
Why didn't you add a stal to the cigarette one?

Didn't think about it at the time. I just added the same answers as the pot smoking question and didn't really figure there would be anyone here who's been smoking weed for less than a single year. But yeah I just don't really care about it enough to attempt going back and changing the shit all up. You can always just not answer that question.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #347581 - 01/14/10 01:45 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Fox said:
you might have to do a bit of experimentation.

If you can get a thermometer and make an accurate reading, this guide should help you:

Phytocannabinoids, their boiling points, and properties

Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD)
Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

cannabichromene (CBC)
Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

Δ-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ-8-THC)
Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Resembles Δ-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)
Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

Terpenoid essential oils, their boiling points, and properties

β-myrcene
Boiling point: 166-168*C / 330.8-334.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Analgesic. Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antimutagenic

β-caryophyllene
Boiling point: 119*C / 246.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Cytoprotective (gastric mucosa), Antimalarial

d-limonene
Properties: Cannabinoid agonist?, Immune potentiator, Antidepressant, Antimutagenic

linalool
Boiling point: 198*C / 388.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Sedative, Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, Immune potentiator

pulegone
Boiling point: 224*C / 435.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Memory booster?, AChE inhibitor, Sedative, Antipyretic

1,8-cineole (eucalyptol)
Boiling point: 176*C / 348.8 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: AChE inhibitor, Increases cerebral, blood flow, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antiviral, Antiinflammatory, Antinociceptive

α-pinene
Boiling point: 156*C / 312.8 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Bronchodilator, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antineoplastic, AChE inhibitor

α-terpineol
Boiling point: 217-218*C / 422.6-424.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Sedative, Antibiotic, AChE inhibitor, Antioxidant, Antimalarial

terpineol-4-ol
Boiling point: 209*C / 408.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: AChE inhibitor. Antibiotic

p-cymene
Properties: Antibiotic, Anticandidal, AChE inhibitor

borneol
Boiling point: 210*C / 410 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antibiotic, Δ-3-carene 0.004% 168 Antiinflammatory

Δ-3-carene
Boiling point: 168*C / 334.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory

Flavonoid and phytosterol components, their boiling points, and properties

apigenin
Boiling point: 178*C / 352.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Antiinflammatory, Estrogenic

quercetin
Boiling point: 250*C / 482 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antioxidant, Antimutagenic, Antiviral, Antineoplastic

cannflavin A
Boiling point: 182*C / 359.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: COX inhibitor, LO inhibitor

β-sitosterol
Boiling point: 134*C / 273.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, 5-α-reductase, inhibitor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

That should be it's own thread.  Excellent if accurate.  Where did it come from?

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlineelcharrosays
Male User Gallery

#347589 - 01/14/10 01:52 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yah srsly, I remember spending hours trying to search for any semblance of that information.

--------------------

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#347590 - 01/14/10 01:54 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I've had this document saved for a long time and can't recall exactly where it comes from.  It's from a scientific study of the compounds found in cannabis, somewhere outside of the US.  I'll look around tonight and see if I can find the source.  It might have been from MAPS but I'm not sure.

elcharro,  you're right smoking cannabis is wonderful.  I'd prefer to vaporize, but I would never turn down a nice smoked joint :bigjoint:

--------------------

InvisibleFox
healer
Male

#347597 - 01/14/10 01:57 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Also, if you really wanna get down and dirty on this scientific report... you can research each individual chemical and study it's properties.  I know this is very detailed information but anyone can find these facts with a day spent at a college library.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale