Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
LA Confidential x Skunk UPDATE (Harvest Pictures) 5-22-10
    #336199 - 12/25/09 12:22 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

So I took advantage of the attitude's free seed offer.  I grabbed all five strains available and chose this one to start with.  I remember when DNA released LA Conf and heard nothing but good things about it.  Never grew a skunk strain before either.  So now I have the chance to grow both at once, sort of :wink:

The plants are five days old having pushed through to the surface on monday.  Unfortunately I didn't get them close to the light quick enough so they stretched a bit :frown:  I'll deal with it somehow, shouldn't affect me too much and they are now about 3-4 inches from the T-5's.  I decided to keep them in a hempy cup and grow them this way.  If keeping a mom in a hempy bucket isn't too much of a pain I may go with it as I really like this method. 

So that's about it.  Only received three seeds so that's all I have from this strain.  Hopefully one of them turns out to be a girl, although having a couple of pheno's to choose from would be nice too.  I'll probably get to flower her for my march run, so got a ways to go with these babies.  This also marks my first purchase with a true seed bank, everything else I've grown has been handed to me.  Hopefully they do me right!

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemoogles
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: coda]
    #336274 - 12/25/09 02:31 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Good luck, Coda!

Offlinedsotm
Male

Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: moogles]
    #336370 - 12/25/09 08:29 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Looking forward to this grow.  This and the Kushberry x Skunk are what I was planning on trying first out of my free seeds.  Good luck with the grow.

Offlinephantom
Heavy Hitter
Male

Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: dsotm]
    #336438 - 12/26/09 12:58 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Really looking forward to follow this one.

--------------------
"You got weed on your brain!"

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: phantom]
    #336444 - 12/26/09 01:03 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks, I'm really excited about this one too. Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in a small run before summer hits.

--------------------

Offlinemoogles
    #336472 - 12/26/09 02:54 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Squeeze it like your old jeans.

You got it before summer, no problem :thumbup:

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: moogles]
    #339344 - 01/03/10 09:47 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Day 13

Just a quick update.  These girls aren't looking so hot, I'm not used to hydro in the veg stage and think I waited too long to give them food.  Fed them @ 1 tsp FN Grow/Gal water.  They perked up really fast after the feeding, I'm sure the light green color will darken up after a few more feedings.  Aside from this small problem they're doing well, I'll be transplanting them to their final home in about 2 weeks I'm guessing.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #339355 - 01/03/10 10:29 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'd tell you to put them slightly closer to the light and bury the stem on transplant but I know you already know this.

Soooo in other words.  Nice, I wanna see how these turn out.  I'm not a fan of AF strains so this is more worthy to me.

IMO you can pretty much AF any strain, just put it into 12/12 from seed, the plant will end up looking the same? 

Not knockin on you at all man just basically talking to myself :tongue:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: Inverted]
    #339359 - 01/03/10 10:37 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yah, they stretched because I let them sit in the humidity dome a day too long which was about 2 ft from the T-5.  Moved them right up to the lamp for the past week, now they're about 6 inches from the bulbs.  The T-5's I have seem to love frying leaves, I think it's scorched a few spots on the babies already.  So, I just dropped them down which also brings them more level to my fan.  Hopefully that will help strengthen some of the weaker stems.

And yes, when I transplant I'll bury an inch or two of stem on the stretchy ones.

About the AF thing, yes it's possible to achieve the same size and structure as an AF strain.  But it's not really the same thing.  AF plants will have reached maturity by the time they're ready to flower, seedlings won't.  AF stems will have also hardened up a lot more then a seedling would have and would be able to handle an HID light a bit easier then a seedling would.

Regardless the AF strains are novelty items, I don't see myself ever buying a pack of seeds, but I had to grow them at least once just to see what it was like.  I actually clipped a "tester" bud last night for the hell of it.  For being 3 weeks away from the first potential day to harvest the buzz was not bad at all.  Total head high, but for what really equated to probably one solid bong hit I caught a nice little buzz for an hour or so.  Can't wait to see the full potential of the buds.

--------------------

Offlinedsotm
Male

#339960 - 01/04/10 11:24 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Not looking too bad, I bet they bounce right back once you give them a little food.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #340051 - 01/04/10 03:42 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yup, one plant has recovered quite nicely.  I had dosed that one earlier then the others as a test to see if my strength was ok or not.  It bounced back and is looking a lot better.  The slight necrosis on the newer growth is bothering me, I'm pretty sure it's due to a Ph imbalance though and shouldn't be an issue now that the plants are receiving food.  They'll receive another dose of 1 tsp/gal tonight of FN Grow.  Should help clean up any remaining problems and get them back on their merry way.

BTW the picture shows them as a darker green then they really are.  All the leaves were very pale green/light yellow (obvious sign of N def).  I'm not sure if the plant is uptaking Mg well right now either due to the "tacoed" leaves I'm seeing.  Again this might have to do with my Ph being a little out of wack. 

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #341106 - 01/05/10 07:10 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Three days from the last picture and all plants are recovering and doing very well.  The nutes greened them up and have caused a nice little explosion in growth.  I fed them this morning at the same strength.  Will probably feed them again tomorrow night and then step up a strength level next week.

--------------------

Offlinedsotm
Male

#341229 - 01/05/10 09:12 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

That's quite a comeback in 3 days!  Looking good.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #341245 - 01/05/10 09:20 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yes sir, still trying to get used to this hydro thing.  I'm so used to vegging in soil where plants don't even start needing nutes until maybe they're this size or bigger.  Next time I start some seeds I'll hit them with the nutes much sooner.

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #349574 - 01/18/10 06:54 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Day 29 of veg.

Topped and put the tops into the cloning chamber on saturday.  This is so I can sex them early and get a quicker start on flowering.  The plants suffered some form of nutrient problems, not sure if the Ph was too high, or if there was too much food.  Had some odd discolorations on the fans, but the new growth was coming in nice and green with no problems.  They're just getting plain water at around 6.0 Ph right now to alleviate any more problems and get them a little flushed out.  I'll probably resume feeding them sometime this week.  They also need a transplant badly but I'm too poor to afford a big bag of perlite (and all the big box stores only carry miracle gro infused perlite)

Once they're transplanted I'll begin training them.  I'm doing my best to keep them as small as possible.  I let my Sour D mom get too big and now she's taking up a ton of room (and will most likely be subject to a severe pruning in another week).

That's it for now.  Soon as those clones root in the flowering cab they go to get sexed.

--------------------

InvisibleNightGrower
Proficient Horticulturist
Male

#352096 - 01/22/10 08:45 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Good luck on the sexing. Keep us posted

--------------------
Learn of Terence Mckenna. Check out the Shroomery to learn more about what one man did for mushies. Thank you, Terence.

Offlinethe man

Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: NightGrower]
    #352332 - 01/23/10 01:07 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

hows the smell?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: the man]
    #352344 - 01/23/10 01:51 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

No smell at the moment.  Just picked up some snowstorm ultra.  Will be adding it into the nutrient regiment at the next feeding.  Unfortunately I'm already battling high temps.  Cab temps hit 87 last night.  Can't open the window because I'm drying buds and the smell is too strong.  I'm already looking into a window AC unit, but I wouldn't be able to put that in for another few months.  Just gotta figure out a way to effectively move the warm out of the outer room so the cab temps can drop.

--------------------

Offlinethe man

#352457 - 01/23/10 07:34 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

no cold air intakes near your grow??

really no smell even when you rub the stems???

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: LA Confidential x Skunk [Re: the man]
    #352459 - 01/23/10 07:47 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

well, yah, there's that I suppose.  I just meant no noticeable odor coming off of the plants.  They're still relatively young in the flowering cycle. 

I pull in air from the outside room which is the same room I exhaust in to.  So my cold air source gets warmed from my exhaust.  Can't modify the house so I'm a bit stuck.  AC is the only way to fix it without tearing a 6 inch hole in my ceiling.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates