Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Recent transfer to new soil (Ocean Forest) Looks like possible N Overdose W/ Pics
    #339867 - 01/03/10 11:53 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

given to me by a grower, it was originally in miracle grow, then transferred into fox farms ocean forest soil. i had it for a couple days and the leaves started gettin weird lookin. some are curled like tacos, some leaf tips point down, some up, some in weird positions. the leaves are a very dark green, so i figured it might be a nitrogen overdose.

the plant is about 5 weeks old from seed and female.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Recent transfer to new soil (Ocean Forest) Looks like possible N Overdose W/ Pics [Re: Pilze]
    #339876 - 01/04/10 01:11 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

What's your PH? By the way don't use miracle grow.

PH out of balance can cause what I call a nute-lock where it essentially locks out essential nutrients due to low/high pH.

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Recent transfer to new soil (Ocean Forest) Looks like possible N Overdose W/ Pics [Re: mhbound]
    #339880 - 01/04/10 01:41 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'd be surprised if you were dealing with N overdose.  I put seedling straight into Ocean Forest without problems.  Are you adding any nutrients??

He knows not to use MG, I think that's been beaten to death by now. 

How long ago did you transplant??  pH?  Humidity changes at all??

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Recent transfer to new soil (Ocean Forest) Looks like possible N Overdose W/ Pics [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #339947 - 01/04/10 09:59 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:
What's your PH? By the way don't use miracle grow.

PH out of balance can cause what I call a nute-lock where it essentially locks out essential nutrients due to low/high pH.

not sure of the soil pH. believe me... i do not ever use miracle grow.. i inherited the plant, along with another one... anyway, the dip shit i got it from had it in MG soil. i told him how fuckin stupid he is for doing that, using plain tap water that has the shittiest pH possible, and using hydro nutrients in soil, which, works, but come on... the next time i saw the plant it had been transferred into this pot with FFOC.

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
I'd be surprised if you were dealing with N overdose.  I put seedling straight into Ocean Forest without problems.  Are you adding any nutrients??

He knows not to use MG, I think that's been beaten to death by now. 

How long ago did you transplant??  pH?  Humidity changes at all??

well thats the thing, since i inherited it, i dont know if it was given any nutes. i dont think so though. not sure when the transplant was. it went from one house to another. from being under T5s to being under a 400 watt HPS. i have an actual grow set up and he had his shit sittin in his laundry room... with the light hanging from the ceiling and the plants on the washer and dryer...

i dont have a soil pH tester, need to get one... and the humidity is a constat [at least] 30%

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Recent transfer to new soil (Ocean Forest) Looks like possible N Overdose W/ Pics [Re: Pilze]
    #340050 - 01/04/10 03:40 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

judging from the way the leaves are twisting it looks like it hit a really hot spot coupled with a Ph imbalance.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Recent transfer to new soil (Ocean Forest) Looks like possible N Overdose W/ Pics [Re: coda]
    #340111 - 01/04/10 05:00 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

do you think flushing it out with final phase was a good thing to do? its basically starting over from scratch, or getting as close as possible.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #340123 - 01/04/10 05:08 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well, it really can't hurt it more the MG shit already has.  That's most likely the source of your problems and if that shit stays in your soil you'll be fighting it the entire way.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Recent transfer to new soil (Ocean Forest) Looks like possible N Overdose W/ Pics [Re: coda]
    #340128 - 01/04/10 05:12 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

well its not my plant so i dont care. the person i got it from is a douche that owes me a lot of money. im keepin all the bud i get off the plants that the grower had to give to me for a safety issue with pissed off ex wife...

ill do what i can for it...

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #340163 - 01/04/10 06:21 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I think you should be able to salvage the plant no problem, and get it to grow into a very healthy sticky plant.  Flush the shit out of it and start over with your own nutrient regimen.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: Recent transfer to new soil (Ocean Forest) Looks like possible N Overdose W/ Pics [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #340349 - 01/04/10 08:39 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
I think you should be able to salvage the plant no problem, and get it to grow into a very healthy sticky plant.  Flush the shit out of it and start over with your own nutrient regimen.

definitely my plan. when i need to water it again, ill flush it out again with final phase and probably big bloom just to add a little something in case the flush washes everything out.

im getting a soil pH test kid tomorrow to test all the soil. then if the soil is fucked up, ill have to figure out how to lower it...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom